Start Flower Under T5 Then Switch to HID???

• Thread starter Brown Sugar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Brown Sugar

Ok so I thought maybe I'd post here b/c my other post may have been in the wrong area and that's why people aren't responding... either way Below is my inquiry regarding T5s to HID:

Hey guys!! Been lurking on the forums 4ever!!! Now I'm finally ready to chime in.. Been getting a lot of great advice from so many of ya for a good deal of time. Been doing my thing for a few years now..

My question is: I have recently downsized my setup as I will be doing something completely new soon (a much bigger better setup), but in the mean time I want to take advantage of the small office space in my house.

My current setup is a 3x3 hut for veg and

4x4 with 600w for flower

Long story short...

I have a T5 for veg and a 600w for flower

Mother sits under flouros separately

girls start under a cloner that holds 30 comfortably and veg for 2 wks, where they're then transferred to 600w room.

I wanted to do something a bit more perpetual and was thinking of cutting down on finishing time by beginning the flower process under the t5 for the girls and possibly cutting down on at least 2 wks.

Was wondering if anyone has tried anything similar to STARTING FLOWER under t5s and then FINISHING under an HID light.

- How does it affect yield?
- Pros and cons?

*Please keep in mind that I do NOT want to do a flouro grow. These girls will flower under an HID light. However I would like to start the girls under a flouro light simply to begin the process and cut down on time.

As you can imagine, I've had great success so far in just doing it the orthodox way of just veg to flower. But now would like to try this different method and was a bit curious as to its effects..

Any advice you guys have would be great. You're all awesome and much of the knowledge that comes from this site has always been very valuable to me.

Cheers,

Brown Sugar :cool0019:

philly kush

philly kush

Yo Brown I veg under T5s n flower under hps.If u start flowering under the
T5s then switch ur not going 2 cut down flowering time.Plants have certain times when thier gonna b ready.When u start floweing u should put them under the stronger lights the girls r gonna need more lumens ta help the nugs fill out.Goodluck on whatever u do.

M

Maine1

I'm in the same boat as you. Small apt closet using 6 t5 for veg &bloom..upgrading to 4x4 tent with 250 hps strictly for bloom.. its only my 3rd grow but I see now I should started with the 250 anyway..on the upside I did alot of learning on how to fim and cloning..pretty sure if I used hid things would have happened to fast for me to understand what I was seeing

B

Brown Sugar

All man, u guys r awesome : ) Thanx for the info it really did help to hear from others. Yeah you're right, I'll have to wait for my complete upgrade to start my perpetual..

I'll keep chuggin along with the girls and flip them when it's time.

And since this was my first time posting and you guys were so cool to respond, + Rep to all of ya : D >> Happy growin to you guys and I'll see you all around the forums.

Cheers,

Brown Sugar :cool0019:

Top Bottom