Start of a new grow journal (mainlining)

• Thread starter Jonnypierce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Right guys so my cuttings have just arrived a few hours ago, finally got all the conditions spot on so I'm gonna start a new grow journal as I im gonna be giving mainlining an attempt for the first time, so if any of you pro's out there notice I'm doing anything wrong please feel free to pull me up on it, constructive criticism is always welcome, but remember I'm relatively new to the whole thing so go easy on me 😆

Start of a new grow journal mainlining
Start of a new grow journal mainlining 2
Start of a new grow journal mainlining 3
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Couple more from day 3 and temp when lights on staying steady at that and drops to 19.1 when lights go off, on a 18-6 light cycle, growing nicely

20211130 001637
20211130 001644
20211130 001756
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Day 10 coming along nicely, I'm still debating whether or not to attempt mainlining for the first time as they are clones and the nodes are all over the place 🤷‍♂️ can anybody whos mainlined before chip in with any advice ???

20211208 004846
20211208 004645
20211208 005808
MeechDGAF

MeechDGAF

Mainlining isnt the greatest technique really, Scrog is more common and very similar. Just top it and keep them for clones if you want then top again after they recover youll have some big ol bushes. You could lst to keep them in check if you have lots of time to spend in the garden otherwise just super crop. Thats my go to and it keeps my plants at an even height and i can influence where and how they grow.

Snapchat 2075675990
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Mainlining isnt the greatest technique really, Scrog is more common and very similar. Just top it and keep them for clones if you want then top again after they recover youll have some big ol bushes. You could lst to keep them in check if you have lots of time to spend in the garden otherwise just super crop. Thats my go to and it keeps my plants at an even height and i can influence where and how they grow.
Hiya pal thanks for the input all of this is new to me as this is only my second grow I am open to all options, I used scrog nets last time and they ended up doing well I ended up with 22 oz dried off 4 plants which I thought was good going, was a really nice smoke too, so I'll probably just do the same again, just fancied trying a different technique but why try fix something that's not broken eh ?

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

For your first time i would only do mainlinee with seedlings. As nodes are symetrical. Alot harder with clones
Yeah mate that's the only thing that's been stopping me from doing it if I'm honest as the nodes are all over the place as you can see

20211208 004846
20211208 005808
Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Ive done it a few times. Lot easier with seedlings.
Do scrog again 22oz off 4 is a good yield.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Ive done it a few times. Lot easier with seedlings.
Do scrog again 22oz off 4 is a good yield.
Yeah think that's what I'm gonna do, yeah I was well shocked with what I got especially since I was only running one 660w hps light 🙂

Ponky

Ponky

Is that where you wud top ro start mainling ? Or wud you recommend starting from seed next time to do the mainlining and just stick to the scrog on this one ?
If top there. Then let if grow and train it a bit. Then use a net to keep it flat and wide.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

If top there. Then let if grow and train it a bit. Then use a net to keep it flat and wide.
Yeah thankyou pal think I'm gonna go with this option, think it's the safest option fir me right now till I get a bit more experience 👍

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Hiya pal sorry to bother you again but can you just take a look at this and tell me if I've counted them right, before I do the rest, if I've done it wrong it's only 1 lol, now I'm wanting to top at the third node, I know the pics not the best but it's best I cud do

20211208 235924
Ponky

Ponky

Hiya pal sorry to bother you again but can you just take a look at this and tell me if I've counted them right, before I do the rest, if I've done it wrong it's only 1 lol, now I'm wanting to top at the third node, I know the pics not the best but it's best I cud do
Looks like it's already topped.

Reactions: PK1
Top Bottom