StarBud Hype or Reality?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey farmers

Im seeing this strain "starbud" being hyped on the net with all those cannabis titles, I was wondering what u guys think of it? The genetics is kept secret, im wondering if this kind of strain that win cannabis cups but the winning pheno is still ungettable after u popped 40 seeds?

I heard long ago that cannabis cup judges are easy to corrompt lol who knows...

S

SkyHi

i say hype!!! There releasing here later this year so well see

S

spinkus

Don't you wish SOME breeders posted up a little more info about their strains? lol

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
well just have 2 see just becuz they dont want to release the makeup of it doesnt mean its bunk

M

Malachi

I don't think they know the makeup. the story goes that they were gifted the cut from a grower in the MidWest, USA. Not sure if they are rocking the same cut that was gifted to them or if they made S1's and found the winning pheno out of that. I think I read somewhere that they are still using the same cutting to clone off and that was some sort of controversy because someone questioned that they thought cannabis cup entries had to be derived from seed. Can't remember where I saw this, and nevertheless I am intrigued with the strain. I am just curious as is everyone if you can find the cup winning strain in a 10-pack. Guess it all depends on how stable the genetics are, and no one will know until the start pooping up! I am sure they are doing some testing though to ensure the stability and germ rates of the S1's. That is probally whats taking a while for their release. I am intrigued by this though I wanna see what the hype is all about.

winta

winta

i wanna know this as well coolest! ive heard they were just a cinderella story and got through the politics so we will see when they drop here at the farmm..........Hortilab when is that again??? :)

JJ-NYC

JJ-NYC

I've had a lot of suspicion from this one from the beginning. I don't know why. Is it because the name and bud is very simular looking and sounding to my Star Dawg. Funny no one knows the lineage. It's been reported that it's some kind of Chemdawg strain from some of the CC judges. You can have all the titles you want. See Greenhouse. Great strains are built on reputation not how many cups they have won.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah JJ, i havnt had any luck with greenhouse strains, i think they are all watered down if you know what i mean. its like it was at one point many a good strain but through breeding making into seed it lost like half the taste and dankness LOL, or is that just me? im good on the "starbud", i got a pack of your star dawg and im about to be runnin those soon which im soooo stoked about. if i want a chemdawg stain im most def not going to be getting it from a amsterdam based seeds company thats for sure. im good with my clone chem cutts, my cali connect chem crosses, and the chem crosses from topdawg that im gonna pop. stick with what i know will be good. i wont buy amsterdam stuff anymore, i have had good enough results...~SMF~

K

keenstylie

second that

yea if I were a betting man, I'd say JJ's suspicions are correct, and this strain is stardawg for sure. Even the pictures they released look like the stardawg, and its been said it has a definate chem funk to it.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
wow wait there, starbud = stardawg? damn if thats true its pretty fuck up, i hope someone from the lab can clarify this for us. :big_boss:

winta

winta

SAY WHAAAAAA??? oh hell no that would be some bullshit! Sounds like somebody needs to do a side by side or i might just start a street campain like the lox did to get off bad boy wit shirts like "Topdawg was robbed:swear.....Star Dawg Best Indica 09 Cannabis Cup!!!"

I've had a lot of suspicion from this one from the beginning. I don't know why. Is it because the name and bud is very simular looking and sounding to my Star Dawg. Funny no one knows the lineage. It's been reported that it's some kind of Chemdawg strain from some of the CC judges. You can have all the titles you want. See Greenhouse. Great strains are built on reputation not how many cups they have won.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
wouldnt that be just silly? lol, straight up cold jack and strain and rename it lol....thats HOOD. didnt know them euro cats knew how to get compton on a mofo! lol, im playin

M

Malachi

I have a funny feeling that the lineage will be xposed when we get out hands on the S1's and start doing grow logs and smoke reports. I am kind of hoping that it isn't a knock off though.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Now i'm not saying that. But it could be possible or have some other kind of Chemdawg in it.

I'm trying to compare from pics but it's hard to tell,they're really pushing the hype about this strain, I hope someone from hortilab can come shine some light for us :rasta:

Top Bottom