• Start date
  • Tagged users None

StarBud Hype or Reality?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
winta

winta

me too i dont wanna keep assuming and jumpin the gun lol

I'm trying to compare from pics but it's hard to tell,they're really pushing the hype about this strain, I hope someone from hortilab can come shine some light for us :rasta:

mack 10

mack 10

me too i dont wanna keep assuming and jumpin the gun lol

lets give hortilab a chance, from what i have seen ,it looks dankity dank!when the beans drop we can all find out, i'll bet she's a winner:rasta:the proof is in the smoking...i dont care whats in it or what its called as long as it s dank.....rock on hortilab:banana:

winta

winta

yea u right you right! top dawg just go hard so it would be sad if it went down like that is all im sayin. but u right as of now its just a "rumor" if that lol

lets give hortilab a chance, from what i have seen ,it looks dankity dank!when the beans drop we can all find out, i'll bet she's a winner:rasta:the proof is in the smoking...i dont care whats in it or what its called as long as it s dank.....rock on hortilab:banana:

S

Swerve

can u say indica pheno of SSH.

JJ ask nico or matt im sure they will devulge the truth behind it... or have chem ask them...

M

Malachi

can u say indica pheno of SSH

Thats what it looked like to me too, lol, funny you say that. I have a 56 day pheno of SSH in my stable that looks almost identical to that. I think I may have some pics somewhere of it.

S

SkyHi

Fuck horti lab and there sceams, it doesnt take this long to make beans....there just holding out longer to hype the shit up....hope it bites them in the ass.....

B

biggs

JJ ask nico or matt im sure they will devulge the truth behind it... or have chem ask them...

alright swerve, just wondering how you know that its an indica ssh. is this a guess? or do you know more details? hortilab said it was an accidental pollention from a male grown by a friend which made the seeds, but the actual details of what was used are unknown. would be nice to find out what it is.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
I added a poll as sugested by Malachi, lets see what the farmers think, commercial strategy or the new holy grail?

M

Malachi

Yea i am kinda curious as to what the fellow farmers think

0MEGA

what kind of "champion" wont even tell us what it is?
so all we know is "its good" ill be waiting for the next raskal drop thank you very much.

B

biggs

what kind of "champion" wont even tell us what it is?
so all we know is "its good" ill be waiting for the next raskal drop thank you very much.

if you read his posts mate, he doesn't even know whats in it. i think everyones jumping the gun a bit on this one. why not wait till he releases the beans and we''ll all be able to give a better judgement on what we thinks in it instead of guessing from photos or what you've heard from others. check out his post it explains it all:

Thx for the kind words everybody.

Starbud is a clone selected by us from a seed line we recieved from a private grower from the mid west USA. The exact make up is a mystery.

After having grown out 100s of seeds and clones from the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Canada and also the USA (and a few other countries as well) we knew the "Starbud" is a winner.
This was confirmed by the judges at the 420 Cup as well as the judges from the "Berkley Patients Group" at the 22nd HTCC.

Personally I would describe the taste of the Starbud as a bit hashy, the smell as a more subtle sweet dankness which still reeks and has that "wow" effect for most people who get a whiff.

Please be aware that the person we received the "seedline" from, by NO means is a private breeder but a private grower who has been supplying himself and a small group of friends for a long time.

An accidental pollination from an overlooked male in his room (actually a modified shipping container), resulted in the seeds, we received and selected the "Starbud" from.

Currently we at HortiLab are working on a new batch of feminized seeds of the award winning clone, as well as a regular BX.

And the rest is history...

HortiLab

HortiLab

Im seeing this strain "starbud" being hyped on the net with all those cannabis titles, I was wondering what u guys think of it?

I heard long ago that cannabis cup judges are easy to corrompt lol who knows...

No hype, just facts concerning the awards we won with this strain!

In fact, all cups we won with "StarBud" were blind judged.

If you want to blame somebody, dont blame us but the judges at the IC 420 Cup, the Berkley Patient Group reps at the Cannabis Cup or the spanish Canna celebrities (whoever that might be) who judged the entries at the Cannabis Champions Cup in Barcelona.

We did not even show up at all 3 events we won.

I've had a lot of suspicion from this one from the beginning. I don't know why. Is it because the name and bud is very simular looking and sounding to my Star Dawg. Funny no one knows the lineage. It's been reported that it's some kind of Chemdawg strain from some of the CC judges. You can have all the titles you want. See Greenhouse. Great strains are built on reputation not how many cups they have won.

Sorry JJ, but you can´t compare us to Greenhouse at all!!!

Lots of suspicion from the beginning because the name is similar to your StarDawg? Thats funny man.

Just curious, but whats the real linage of Chemdawg?? As far as I know it is grown from seeds taken from a pound or two that was imported to the East Coast from Colorado.

yea if I were a betting man, I'd say JJ's suspicions are correct, and this strain is stardawg for sure. Even the pictures they released look like the stardawg, and its been said it has a definate chem funk to it.

And here it gets even funnier: Starbud = StarDawg!? How much ya wanna bet on this one bro? We are up for a DNA analysis to compare it against JJ´s StarDawg anytime!

Now i'm not saying that. But it could be possible or have some other kind of Chemdawg in it.

I can only repeat the facts again: We did not work with any Chemdawg related genetics, yet.

I'm trying to compare from pics but it's hard to tell,they're really pushing the hype about this strain, I hope someone from hortilab can come shine some light for us :rasta:

Where do we hype anything? Should we apologize for entering and winning competitions and then announcing it?

We dont think so!

Be aware that there are major differences between the seed company cups which are blind judged by "celebrity" judges compared to the cup categories where COFFESHOPS like Greenhouse enter their samples and get judged openly by the public!!

In the coffeshop categories usually the company which supplies the most freebies/gifts to the public judges wins (Greenhouse/ Barneys).

Again a funny one: We have worked with many SSH phenos straight from the man himself, Shanti~, and let me tell you there is NO similarity between StarBud and SSH at all!!!

Feel free to ask Nico, Matt or maybe Mr.Haze if they think StarBud and SSH are related!! Sorry Swerve!

Thats what it looked like to me too, lol, funny you say that. I have a 56 day pheno of SSH in my stable that looks almost identical to that. I think I may have some pics somewhere of it.

Lol...bring on the pics!!

Fuck horti lab and there sceams, it doesnt take this long to make beans....there just holding out longer to hype the shit up....hope it bites them in the ass.....

Hi SkyHi and thanks for your hate! I am going to stay polite here and instead give you a bit of insight:

Of course producing seeds can be done in a relatively short period of time as is shown by many seed companies & so called breeders who release their UNtested seed batches for TOP $.

At HortiLab we will only release a seed line if we are personally completely satisfied with it (after testing it extensively).

if you read his posts mate, he doesn't even know whats in it. i think everyones jumping the gun a bit on this one. why not wait till he releases the beans and we''ll all be able to give a better judgement on what we thinks in it instead of guessing from photos or what you've heard from others. check out his post it explains it all:

Starbud is a clone selected by us from a seed line we recieved from a private grower from the mid west USA. The exact make up is a mystery.

After having grown out 100s of seeds and clones from the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Canada and also the USA (and a few other countries as well) we knew the "Starbud" is a winner.
This was confirmed by the judges at the 420 Cup as well as the judges from the "Berkley Patients Group" at the 22nd HTCC.

Personally I would describe the taste of the Starbud as a bit hashy, the smell as a more subtle sweet dankness which still reeks and has that "wow" effect for most people who get a whiff.

Please be aware that the person we received the "seedline" from, by NO means is a private breeder but a private grower who has been supplying himself and a small group of friends for a long time.

An accidental pollination from an overlooked male in his room (actually a modified shipping container), resulted in the seeds, we received and selected the "Starbud" from.

Currently we at HortiLab are working on a new batch of feminized seeds of the award winning clone, as well as a regular BX.

0MEGA

What do you mean dont judge from photos or what you heard from others?
How else can one base his purchase on? the name?
Before i jumped on buying my urkleswhite i followed a journal and made my desision based on that.
I know the breeder is going to say great things about his product. greenhouse does it all the time, and we see that half thier stuff doesnt come out good, prolly even more than half.
I say wait till people grow them out, or if there are testers have users with a rep grow them and give thier opinion.

Edit: And after reading that i still dont have much information on it.

M

Malachi

I can't find any pics of that pheno, but it doesn't really matter anyway it's just one persons opinion right? I understand getting defensive about the strain, but Omega makes a great point. Convincing the average smoker that your Starbud is fire can easily be accomplished by awards and pictures, but I think that the farm is comprised of some of the best growers and breeders in the world. They say the proof is in the pudding. Once some of us get a hold of some of the beans and do grow and smoke reports I think that then the Starbud will be better well represented with some concrete evidence. I can say that I am intrigued by the strain, but as breeders can you guys give us a little insight on what you think the genetic makeup is? What was the strain that was growing that got accidently pollinated?

B

biggs

What do you mean dont judge from photos or what you heard from others?
How else can one base his purchase on? the name?
Before i jumped on buying my urkleswhite i followed a journal and made my desision based on that.
I know the breeder is going to say great things about his product. greenhouse does it all the time, and we see that half thier stuff doesnt come out good, prolly even more than half.
I say wait till people grow them out, or if there are testers have users with a rep grow them and give thier opinion.

Edit: And after reading that i still dont have much information on it.

i'm saying you can't judge what genetics made up the strain solely on pics and hear say, is all. the proof they say is in the pudding.

B

biggs

I am sorry but all you farmers who have posted here should get bent. Don't knock a new breeder b/c he has not delivered the beans yet. I have not read one post from Hortilab hyping the strain. He has simply let other people give their opionions on them. We should be welcoming him and instead everyone is knocking his gear, comparing him to greenhouse, even get down right mean "fuck hortilab" really??? all you farmers need to puff a fatty of some peaceful erbs and send the postive vibrations as your current vibe SUCKS!!! I am sorry this thread is so freakin ass backwards hortilab and i hope you do not judge the farm off this thread alone. I hope a MOD CLOSES THIS THREAD NOW!!!

The only reason to leave it open is so the farmers who came in guns blazing can appologize.

i agree with you totally mate, not sure why i should get 'bent' though as i said nothing bad, i was the only one sticking up for him.

winta

winta

i apologize for "jumpin the gun" sort of speak i just hate when people steal things and slap their name on it (not sayin that is hortilab by any means!) and IF that was the case it would be fucked up! but MF u right people cant jump to conclusions so if i came off crazy im sorry hortilab or anyone who was offended!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
as [eople grow it out you will see pics of it in veg and various stages of flower and i think then you can better tell what it resembles.

congrats on all the wins hortilab.

G

greenkeeper

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubaZY5ilC_0[/YOUTUBE]

@ TheCoolestMan ( Reap What U Sow)
great signature i bet are banned from other forums 4 acting this way thats why u are so right with u reap what u sow
@Swerve yeah u know all about it :giggle

Rome wasn't built in a day

ohh and allmost forgot its " STARBUD "
and not "startbud"

Dont hate

have a nice week farmers:anim_19:

Latest posts

Top Bottom