• Thread starter TheCoolestMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

StarBud Hype or Reality?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
JJ-NYC

JJ-NYC

Sorry JJ, but you can´t compare us to Greenhouse at all!!!

Lots of suspicion from the beginning because the name is similar to your StarDawg? Thats funny man.

I can only repeat the facts again: We did not work with any Chemdawg related genetics, yet.

Feel free to ask Nico, Matt or maybe Mr.Haze if they think StarBud and SSH are related!!
Not comparing you to GH at all. Seems you put a lot of merit into your wins. A nice start for a resume, but that's all you have. My point is just because you win cups and awards, it doesn't mean you have the dank. Let people test it out and they can make that decision if it's dank. The dank always rises to the top and doesn't need cups or hype to put it there.

Not just the name. The bud just has the Chem structure and cup judges say it has the Chem taste and high. It's been quoted in hightimes. Why don't you copy and post that quote?

Maybe you are working with the Chem and you don't even know it.

I'm good friends with Matt and i'll get his take on it.

H

haze89

Yo Horti, fuck the haters man. Bottom line, this dude got some killer genetics and is working on putting them out there for all of you and all you do is give him shit? Fuck that man. JJ and Swerve, don't take this the wrong way, you dudes are my hero's, I have gear from both of you and it's top on my priority list. I will say I am slightly disappointed to see you guys jumping on his cock aswell. I know you dudes know your shit better than most but come on, the dude didn't even release the beans yet and you gotta start rumors about them? You should both know you are some of the biggest influential names around these parts and if both of you are throwing accusations around the heard will follow. Maybe you guys have more power here than you realize. I just say let him release it, watch the reports, and once there is actual info floatin' around then make your case.

Yo Horti man I'll be snaggin a few packs for sure. Aswell as that friesland BX. Sounds Ill my man.

HortiLab

HortiLab

Hey JJ

Let people test it out and they can make that decision if it's dank. The dank always rises to the top and doesn't need cups or hype to put it there.

Word. No need to speculate now. When the seeds are available in the future, people can test it and make their own decision.

Not just the name. The bud just has the Chem structure and cup judges say it has the Chem taste and high. It's been quoted in hightimes. Why don't you copy and post that quote?

No problem. Below is the quote from High Times.

High Times March 2010 Issue said:
Starbud, a mystery strain to many, actually originated in the US: An accidental pollination in a Midwestern growroom resulted in the seeds from which this line was selected. Some guess that the linage derives from the Chem Dawg family, due to its super-indica stone and the raw, dank reek that will open your sinuses the moment you smell it. Judges at the Cup were immediately impressed with the Starbuds´s appearance: dark green leaves contrasting sharply with white, resinous trichomes and a few orange hairs. The taste has hashy overtures and a subtle sweetnes to it. But it was the indica-heavy high that had everyone rolling a few extra joints for their late-night sessions. Plus the buds were exeptionally well manicured - adding bonus points to this professional product. We look forward to more from the guys at HortiLab and fully expect next year´s entry to be even better.

I'm good friends with Matt and i'll get his take on it.

Right on, we curious what he thinks, too.

JJ-NYC

JJ-NYC

JJ and Swerve, don't take this the wrong way, you dudes are my hero's, I have gear from both of you and it's top on my priority list. I will say I am slightly disappointed to see you guys jumping on his cock aswell. I know you dudes know your shit better than most but come on, the dude didn't even release the beans yet and you gotta start rumors about them? You should both know you are some of the biggest influential names around these parts and if both of you are throwing accusations around the heard will follow. Maybe you guys have more power here than you realize. I just say let him release it, watch the reports, and once there is actual info floatin' around then make your case.
I'm not jumping anyone. Just raising questions and looking for answers. Not to many strains that have never been heard before just come out and win all kinds of awards, without knowing where the genetics come from. In this day and age I find it hard to believe that there are many strains that are in the US that have never been heard of before. If it's that good it's gonna get out there. The dank always rises to the top no matter what anyone says. Just like the Chemdawg.

H

haze89

I'm not jumping anyone. Just raising questions and looking for answers. Not to many strains that have never been heard before just come out and win all kinds of awards, without knowing where the genetics come from. In this day and age I find it hard to believe that there are many strains that are in the US that have never been heard of before. If it's that good it's gonna get out there. The dank always rises to the top no matter what anyone says. Just like the Chemdawg.

Word, I understand your point man. I'm not doubting there is some chem or even ssh in it at all, just saying what you dudes say is pretty much gonna be taken as fact by 90% of the people who read it being who you are and all. I just hate seeing someone come to a community with good intentions and then get turned away based on a rumor or suspicion. Thanks for the reply man.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for ur answer Hortilab.

U right mentioning breeders selling gears at top $ with out testing them. However u must agree that there is a part of hype in ur starbud, no?

I mean the way it get promoted all over the net with those trophee and titles while no body have grown it yet, is a good way to hype up u work, nothing wrong but u must accept and know that some of us will seek more infos.

How many chance do u think we will have to get the cup wining pheno in a 10 seeds pack?
I've seen strain winning cups for years but when u grow them u aint getting that particualr champion phenotype.

What male will u use for ur breeding project? Are u making S1's out of the winner?

Yet again don't get this thread the wrong way, and im saying that to everyone, if hortilab have the right to promote their gear, trophee etc well then we have the right to know the truth and ask for it. THIS AINT A TRASHING HORTILAB THREAD! However everbody is free to gives is opinion.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
@ TheCoolestMan ( Reap What U Sow)
great signature i bet are banned from other forums 4 acting this way thats why u are so right with u reap what u sow

I never got ban from no forums yet. I dont see nothing wrong with this thread. If u dont like it then stay out of it.

simple.

G

greenkeeper

high,
i just got a lil bit upset cause quiet some post in this thread were nonsense written over a sharp edge in my opinion. its nice too see that hortilab stands strong :party0044: and fights off all negative posts
and also nice from yall that u r backing off from critical post u dropped before. hortilab is just a great institution thats works 4 all of us, think about it this way farmers
if they are not 100% satisfied, it wont be seen is my gues

G

gosh408

wow Ive been lurking on this site for some time and never seen so many people hate on a breeder.em i the only one that thinks its funny when other breed talk shit about horti lab gear and they didnt even place in da cup...this thread belongs on icmag.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
no body's is hating on anything here, if u say so its maybe because u aint reading the damn thread.

if i say: "rez gears are pure hype they don't worth it" its a opinion on a breeder works and thanks god im free to have a opinion.

Dont bring the icmag argument, go talk shit about greenhouse on icmag and then do the same with rezdog u will see.

I hate been politically correct, i rather be true.

and by the way if u don't have a opinions on the subject (positive or not) stay out of the thread, we don't need those shity post!

S

SkyHi

No hype, just facts concerning the awards we won with this strain!

In fact, all cups we won with "StarBud" were blind judged.

If you want to blame somebody, dont blame us but the judges at the IC 420 Cup, the Berkley Patient Group reps at the Cannabis Cup or the spanish Canna celebrities (whoever that might be) who judged the entries at the Cannabis Champions Cup in Barcelona.

We did not even show up at all 3 events we won.

Sorry JJ, but you can´t compare us to Greenhouse at all!!!

Lots of suspicion from the beginning because the name is similar to your StarDawg? Thats funny man.

Just curious, but whats the real linage of Chemdawg?? As far as I know it is grown from seeds taken from a pound or two that was imported to the East Coast from Colorado.

And here it gets even funnier: Starbud = StarDawg!? How much ya wanna bet on this one bro? We are up for a DNA analysis to compare it against JJ´s StarDawg anytime!

I can only repeat the facts again: We did not work with any Chemdawg related genetics, yet.

Where do we hype anything? Should we apologize for entering and winning competitions and then announcing it?

We dont think so!

Be aware that there are major differences between the seed company cups which are blind judged by "celebrity" judges compared to the cup categories where COFFESHOPS like Greenhouse enter their samples and get judged openly by the public!!

In the coffeshop categories usually the company which supplies the most freebies/gifts to the public judges wins (Greenhouse/ Barneys).

Again a funny one: We have worked with many SSH phenos straight from the man himself, Shanti~, and let me tell you there is NO similarity between StarBud and SSH at all!!!

Feel free to ask Nico, Matt or maybe Mr.Haze if they think StarBud and SSH are related!! Sorry Swerve!

Lol...bring on the pics!!

Hi SkyHi and thanks for your hate! I am going to stay polite here and instead give you a bit of insight:

Of course producing seeds can be done in a relatively short period of time as is shown by many seed companies & so called breeders who release their UNtested seed batches for TOP $.

At HortiLab we will only release a seed line if we are personally completely satisfied with it (after testing it extensively).

So basically your "testing" your seeds "unlike other "breeders who release there UNtested " seeds for top dollar....? So your will be Cheap? Doubt it...thats sounds like good breeding practices....oh wait you dont even know the genetics.....sounds like the farmer from the midwest you got the clones from should be the one winning prizes and getting paid.....

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Thread re-opened as requested by Hortilab. Please no bullshiting or persoanl attacks.

M

mr. haze420

i have seen and smoked the starbud, it is in no way ssh pheno.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
lucky u! so whats ur guess? Did she look and tasted like some Chemdog?

M

mr. haze420

hard buds, kushy, fuel taste and strong, some pix of the bubble,
DSC05321.JPG
DSC05315.JPG
DSC05313.JPG
DSC05347.JPG
DSC05343.JPG
DSC05350.JPG

H

hbstoner

Can someone post some pics of what it looks like late in flower? Ive been searching and can't find anything.. only finished nug pics. Doesn't have to be a pic of the seeds in flower since that doesn't exist yet, but a pic of the clone would be nice.

G

gosh408

U right mentioning breeders selling gears at top $ with out testing them. However u must agree that there is a part of hype in ur starbud, no?

I mean the way it get promoted all over the net with those trophee and titles while no body have grown it yet, is a good way to hype up u work, nothing wrong but u must accept and know that some of us will seek more infos.

How many chance do u think we will have to get the cup wining pheno in a 10 seeds pack?
I've seen strain winning cups for years but when u grow them u aint getting that particualr champion phenotype.

What male will u use for ur breeding project? Are u making S1's out of the winner?

Yet again don't get this thread the wrong way, and im saying that to everyone, if hortilab have the right to promote their gear, trophee etc well then we have the right to know the truth and ask for it. THIS AINT A TRASHING HORTILAB THREAD!

HortiLab

HortiLab

Yet again don't get this thread the wrong way, and im saying that to everyone, if hortilab have the right to promote their gear, trophee etc well then we have the right to know the truth and ask for it. THIS AINT A TRASHING HORTILAB THREAD! However everbody is free to gives is opinion.

We are a commercial company in the Netherlands and want to promote our seed projects, it is a natural thing to do.
Therefore we participate in various Cups in order to see how good our product is compared to the current competition.
Since we were successful, we shared those results with the public but are not hyping our strain in an unnecessary way.

The actual hype is created by threads like this one.

We are currently working on a BX as well as a fem version of the StarBud.

For the Starbud BX we initially did an out cross to our exceptional Blueberry daddy from DJ Short.

Of course, selecting from only 10 seeds limits your choices automatically, compared to selecting from 100 or even 1000 seeds, but rest assured we will only release the seed lines, when we are completely satisfied and sure that you will find the real deal phenos.

So basically your "testing" your seeds "unlike other "breeders who release there UNtested " seeds for top dollar....? So your will be Cheap? Doubt it...thats sounds like good breeding practices....oh wait you dont even know the genetics.....sounds like the farmer from the midwest you got the clones from should be the one winning prizes and getting paid.....

Yes, compared to other breeders who are selling their seeds on hype alone, we are testing our products before we release them. Who says we will be cheap?

And SkyHi please get your facts straight, since NO, we did not receive any clones from the midwest but quite a few unlabeled seeds in which we found the clone.

SkyHi (or JJ), do us a favour and tell us the real (and we mean the really real) linage of the Chem Dawg!? Will you?

Top Bottom