• Thread starter TheCoolestMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

StarBud Hype or Reality?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
southstreets

southstreets

imma buy a pack and let the quality do the talking... I see mad valid pionts to both sides... The unknown is what intrests me the most!!!! so i'll buy some of ur beans!!!

R

Radio_Dread

hey thanks hortilab, i would also ejnoy growin a pack out and let the plants do the talkin'. good luck with everything.

M

mr. haze420

kushy, skunky, fruity, spicy, call it what you want, it is really good herb and thats the bottom line. and as an indica it prob has lots of med benefits as well. people, be happy that new new things are being put on the table.

H

haze89

kushy, skunky, fruity, spicy, call it what you want, it is really good herb and thats the bottom line. and as an indica it prob has lots of med benefits as well. people, be happy that new new things are being put on the table.

DITTO!
I'll be giving star bud a run for sure.

C

CAPO

The biggest concern I have with feminized seed, is how many of the phenos are prone to hermi, if even a little. Also, if they can resist this trait, can they resist it 2-3 clone generations later. Obviously some strains are more prone than others.
If you guys are testing them like you say, you should have a definite answer to my concerns.

P

pinhi

read the thread from start to finish,valid points on both sides,but I gotta laugh cuz it doesnt matter if your in cali,the dam or here in my little circle in the middle of nowhere canada EVERYONE thinks THEY have the best weed.. just sayin

squarepusher

squarepusher

Chemdawg is a sativa, Starbud is Indica.

regardless of what it was, it won the cup so doesn't really matter imo

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
lets see smoke and grow reports for those who want 2 know. i always welcome new genes into my room as long as there killer. i have a few packs from almost every breeder here and welcome you aswell congrats on the win. there is some negativity and hating going on from some lets stop that and concentrate were the next killer is.bring good germ rates and good genes thats what i want good luck cant wait want a tester holler

JJ-NYC

JJ-NYC

Do you know what you are talking about? Chemdawg is a sativa? LOL Have you ever grown the chem?

I spoke to Matt from high times. He said "there's something chemmy" about the Starbud. I think the evidence has presented it's self. Starbud is not some undiscovered strain that we have never heard of before. It's some kind of Chemdawg hybrid. Just like the OG and Sour. We didn't know where it came from at first but it was figured out that they both came from the Chem.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

There are so many things that could be said here, not many of them good about this thread, or whats contained with in. If you want my opinion on hortilab, i havnt smoked it, so i dont know, and neither do any of you, cause you havnt either. So far all you guys have done is accuse him of something, that was wrote in a magazine, that 90 percent of you would say is bullshit any other time. Hortilab, i feel you've gotten a very very unfair shake here and I truly feel bad for you. I also find it funny that any other time if a breeder claims to have chem, they get hacked for saying they do, this guy says it doesn have any in it, and he gets the same treatment, cant have it both ways boys. I'm sorry if this offends anyone in anyway, but hey, gotta call bullshit when its there sometimes.
Theres one thing that I would add to the net these days, its class, cause theres very little of it anywhere, and whats happened in this thread is not a step in the right direction.

D

Donk Frog

Well said Big Buddy ...i second that.........Fuck the haters Horti lab I'm sure your gear is top notch ;)

Z

zoochory

we have many breeders here in cali and US why would i send my money to a foreign company?
Maybe because some of them are working other lines then the cali guys? there seems to be a lot of reshuffling of the same stuff out there if you ask me. How many kush/diesel/chem lines do we need?

T

TIME2UNITE

LMMFAO, thats as sad as Cheese getting 2nd place in an INDICA cup!!!

Obviously alot more kush/diesel/chems since everyone and their brother has to work with them and thats what everyone wants, people will even pretend they aren't working a kush/diesel/chem to make people think they found the new dank!!

Who has seedlines that don't know what they are? I don't hear of that very often unless its bag seed but even then they normally know what kind of bud it came out of.

Cups only attract newbs. Look at me, Look at me!! :anim_19:

T

TIME2UNITE

Cheese has a mostly indica high imo.

Haha, and what was the lineage of chem/og/diesel again? Nobody knows.

Just out of curiosity, how many cups have you attended?

Does it have a mostly indica high? Thats odd I never hear of reports of people saying cheese put them down hard, I thought people always say how they get racy and noid, or that its chick weed cause its weak, depending on the person? Does it matter what kind of high you think you get off it? Look at cheese pics, look at growth, look at the finished buds. Check the lineage and get back to me. You call that Indica LMMFAO at anyone who believes cheese is an Indica.

No one came out with seedlines of male and female chem/og/diesel when it was first brought to the scene did they? They were cut's, and S1's, not seedlines.

I would never waste my time at a cup, I have no desire to go to one. I've seen throughout the years how big of a joke they are, most the strains entered are a joke, then the winners spout off like they actually won something worth while.

How many strains have people grown that were "cup winners" and they are borderline crap?

A cup means nothin save it for the newbs.

H

haze89

I spoke to Matt from high times. He said "there's something chemmy" about the Starbud. I think the evidence has presented it's self. Starbud is not some undiscovered strain that we have never heard of before. It's some kind of Chemdawg hybrid. Just like the OG and Sour. We didn't know where it came from at first but it was figured out that they both came from the Chem.

I think JJ may be onto something there. Even if Horti does have a Chem hybrid though, why is it such a problem that he releases it? Why is everyone hating on the dude for putting out some new BEANS not genes. I could understand if he took JJ's Stardawg and just changed the name of it but I honestly don't think thats the case. I think he may have a Chem cross of some sort and isn't aware, and the name Starbud is just a coincidence. Until someone can say 100% "this dude is jackin JJ's shit" you guys really need to chill the fuck out. I'd personally love it if JJ were to get his hands on a sample so he could clear shit up and let us know what the deal is. IMO the cup (any of em) don't mean shit. Some of the biggest piles of garbage you can get have won the cup. While a newb may get all hyped over a cup, a real deal grower and connoisseur can see past a trophy. I gotta get outta this thread man, everytime I read through I get so heated haha. :mad0233:

Z

zoochory

Look at cheese pics, look at growth, look at the finished buds. Check the lineage and get back to me. You call that Indica LMMFAO at anyone who believes cheese is an Indica.
I have no need of checking out pics, i have it in my garden.
Laugh all you want dude, we just have different opinions on how sativa buds look like, and wich effect they have, it's all good.

No one came out with seedlines of male and female chem/og/diesel when it was first brought to the scene did they? They were cut's, and S1's, not seedlines.
Indeed, cuts of unknown lineage.

T

TIME2UNITE

I have no need of checking out pics, i have it in my garden.
Laugh all you want dude, we just have different opinions on how sativa buds look like, and wich effect they have, it's all good.

Indeed, cuts of unknown lineage.

Exactly I had it in my garden for 3 years and grew it inside and out and made crosses with it. It isn't an opinion though just tell me the lineage and you have your answer.

Cuts of unknown lineage are all over the place, but how many times do you get a seedline someone has grown in the United States and they don't know the lineage of the seedline is my point.

Top Bottom