starting a clone on 12/12

• Thread starter pedie250681
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pedie250681

Hi ya all,

This is my first post so please be gentle, right I got given a northern light number 1 clone, which had be grown under a small cfl light in a rockwool cube for about a month.
I already had a white widow growing in my tent under 12/12 so I decided to put the clone in a 5 ltr pot with coco and perlite and let it go straight into 12/12.

the plant is doing very well indeed and i was just wondering has anyone else put a clone straight too 12/12 and got good results?

any advice would be great.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Welcome to the Farm!

People do that all the time, it's part of a SOG (Sea of Green) technique, you'll get anywhere from 1/2 oz to 1 oz.............. maybe more if you are in a fast growing medium.

S

sk2004

Welcome.
Welcome to the Farm!

People do that all the time, it's part of a SOG (Sea of Green) technique, you'll get anywhere from 1/2 oz to 1 oz.............. maybe more if you are in a fast growing medium.

Quick question, when referencing yield is it weight of dried and cured flowering tips, right? Not that it matters much, but kind of curious as a basis to determine how much more have to learn. Thanks.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Welcome.

Quick question, when referencing yield is it weight of dried and cured flowering tips, right? Not that it matters much, but kind of curious as a basis to determine how much more have to learn. Thanks.

Yes, when someone is discussing yield it is "Dried Weight" usually about 15% moisture, or less......

Curing is supposed to take place when the moisture is still around 50%, but curing is an art-form in and of itself. If you are new I'd worry about the growing, and once you have a harvest, then worry about the curing, or not, if it's your first time, just get the shit dry, so it doesn't mold or turn to hay. In Colorado, most of the Medical Weed isn't cured at all... and none of the Commercial is, either, the only curing going on is small growers and their headstash.

S

sk2004

Hey Bud,
Thanks for the info. Just wanted to make sure was using same "yardstick" as a benchmark for growing. Currently, lollipops yield 3/8 to 3/4, which confirms room for improvement. Can agree on curing, even with my limited experience, makes a big difference. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom