Starting a grow op in socal (OC/LA/IE/SB)

• Thread starter johnshun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

johnshun

The problem you will run into with leasing, especially if it's a multi unit spot or the owner has multi properties, you are responsible for maintenance. There for you will prob have a fire inspection unless you are leasing out something like a single unit on someones personal property. Most of the time owners will have them do all the properties at once or they will want to see all of the units at 1 location at the same time if they are out there. I have never lived in cali so I'm not sure on the fire inspectors in that area and how they roll so might not be how it jives there. If there is a bunch of grows around where you are it's a safe bet they are going to show up. Fire marshals, at least where I have been in commercial spots, are pretty savvy at this point. Hell we got called on one for not having glass in the hoods of MH fixtures and checking all the ballasts for UL just to give you an example. IE if they see a bunch of A/C's or minisplits they are coming by.

So now you have to make the decision if you want to get a spot like that and not do something super perm that can be taken down for inspection, and if that is the case all the wiring ect will have to be up to code, or go for the ideal spot which is gonna take some time. Trust me everyone and their dog I know are always looking for spots like that and we scoop them as soon as we find them even if we don't need them at the time. It takes time to find spots like that and usually takes some kind of relationship with the owner through you or a friend if you are looking to lease/rent.

This is something you need local help on to get a good idea cause it could be totally different from state to state and area to area.

I hear you, to be honest the only reason that I think it's worth giving it a shot in socal because I personally know people who have warehouse ops running for years, and somehow they're not being bothered by the fire safety inspection.

I wonder if it's even a thing to lease commercial property for "non commercial" or "personal" use. That way you can avoid fire safety inspection. I gotto do more research on this.

basscaptain

basscaptain

that's Why I said check out I st.............. I use the bus company for the address............. I know for a fact some of those place CAN be used for what your looking for...
a good old boy that Deals in CASH.......

Buzzer777 has a good idea with NV

basscaptain

basscaptain

I hear you, to be honest the only reason that I think it's worth giving it a shot in socal because I personally know people who have warehouse ops running for years, and somehow they're not being bothered by the fire safety inspection.

I wonder if it's even a thing to lease commercial property for "non commercial" or "personal" use. That way you can avoid fire safety inspection. I gotto do more research on this.
if you Know people WHY are you asking for info here??? they should have the hook up for you also...

basscaptain

basscaptain

I moved to a state ( Tn ) were it's not Kool to grow /smoke/buy at all...................... but I moved for a diff reason....

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

The other problem you will run into is the "it's cool to grow here" guys will usually triple the rent. If not at first they will wait 2-3 months in when they have you by the balls.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
here the thing with Ca... and the FM are GOD................... since the laws got passed that Everything has to have Fire sprikers in them now it's REALLY screwed things up.... the other options is to do Like Everyone else and get a house and grow in every room......

Ive heard some crazy stories about PGE going ham on bills if using over a certain amount kwH in residential spots? This true? Why people want commercial?

You got lucky here if you had a spot prior to a certain date and didn't have to retro sprinklers.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

How expensive is it to get a grow license in nv?
Google ant the telephones are your best friends.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Ive heard some crazy stories about PGE going ham on bills if using over a certain amount kwH in residential spots? This true? Why people want commercial?

You got lucky here if you had a spot prior to a certain date and didn't have to retro sprinklers.
Yes EVERYONE wants some of the pie....... Man I don't lie so I didn't want to get involved in this posted.... but Most the guys running home op...... are running all the grow on stolen power......... there's a BIG market for a Guy that can/will jump the meter and run a 2nd main off the grid.....that way there just paying the reg. bill........ the problem with this is your screwing with someone else's house.... Most guys can't buy a few homes cause of cost........ Like I said EVERYONE grows in ca............................. and if you don't someone you know does

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Yes EVERYONE wants some of the pie....... Man I don't lie so I didn't want to get involved in this posted.... but Most the guys running home op...... are running all the grow on stolen power......... there's a BIG market for a Guy that can/will jump the meter and run a 2nd main off the grid.....that way there just paying the reg. bill........ the problem with this is your screwing with someone else's house.... Most guys can't buy a few homes cause of cost........ Like I said EVERYONE grows in ca............................. and if you don't someone you know does
I was wondering, while putting some 30 gallon trash bags of trim out for garbage collection; just how many other people do the same..but in larger amounts (Nevada)

J

johnshun

if you Know people WHY are you asking for info here??? they should have the hook up for you also...

Those people I know dont even know why they're not getting fire inspection when the city clearly say that theres an annual inspection. So I'm assuming it's just luck of a draw, perhaps said city is not on point with their inspection for some unknown reasons. Or perhaps somehow their particular location is just not on their radar.

Those people are also having a hard time finding new locations. So being an optimistic person, I think there are locations like that out there, I just gotto look harder.

J

johnshun

Google ant the telephones are your best friends.

Thank you I was able to search for that too, but I was hoping that you could share some valuable info from your first hand experience with obtaining said license.

J

johnshun

that's Why I said check out I st.............. I use the bus company for the address............. I know for a fact some of those place CAN be used for what your looking for...
a good old boy that Deals in CASH.......

Buzzer777 has a good idea with NV

Yes sir I will follow this lead. Much appreciation for your pointer.🙏

Latest posts

Top Bottom