Starting a NEW project, need feedback

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

What's up Tree Farmer's?

I'm looking to setup a new spot and wanted to keep my numbers low :) and grow trees. I will not be running UC or DWC systems, these will be grown in large smart pots filled with Coco.

Because the only trees I've ever done were outside I have no idea what kind of weight to expect from large plants grown indoors. I was always under the assumption that it was easier to pull 1 # plants with higher numbers rather then 2-3 # plants with low numbers.

This is what I am considering now...
New project

6000 watts overhead and (9) 600 watt bare bulbs hanging vertically... I'm shooting for plants that will reach 3' in diameter.

I'm basically wondering if I would see higher production if I added more, smaller, plants rather then blasting these 8 plants with 11400 watts and hoping for 3lber's?

GL

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

What's the closest thing you've done to trees?

If you've grown in 5 gallon pots before, maybe just step it up to 10 gallon, instead of getting over your head going right into 20 gallon pots

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

What's the closest thing you've done to trees?

If you've grown in 5 gallon pots before, maybe just step it up to 10 gallon, instead of getting over your head going right into 20 gallon pots
Thanks masta,

I'll be collaborating with another grower who is already working in 20 gallon pots. We considered 30 gallon because his are drying out daily. I can't be at this spot everyday so I can't run anything less and irrigation isn't an option yet.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

I agree with baba G that is far to much wattage you need about half that lite most people worry about not enough light in this case you will be getting light burns and bleaching if you go look at my thred I started 15 x 15 sealed grow u will see I am only using two 1ooo dual arc and two 600 w may add a few hangers later however this is a room in progress but I used this room before for the same purpose just not sealed or nice equip and still only used 4000k on 12 monsters in 25's

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
3' in diameter ain't gonna cut it.

You need to double that. the lighting is fine don't listen to all these horizontal growers. To hit 2-3# per plant you need a proper tree strain.

If you don't sketch on big numbers then do that instead. Tree growing is totally different.

I ran 14 plants with the new 600's (9 of them) and I should hit around 14 potatos. Good for just 9 600's.

You don't even need all the 600's if you go with 6 1k overhead.

@DonJuanMatus has a thread that shows 6 plants and each plant doing 2+ potatoes with only 1k over each plant.

Long veg is required. Putting plants in to that room they will need to adjust for a week or 2 so I would plan for 6-8 week veg in separate room then 1-2 week veg in main room.

Top Bottom