Starting auto seeds outside in pots.

• Thread starter Belgos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Belgos

Belgos

Hi everybody. I have been growing for years but have always started my ladies inside under CFLs. This year I decided to try my luck with an autoflower in addition to feminized photo-period seeds. I started the auto seed in paper towel and planted in a 7 gallon fabric pot. I’m assuming that it should be kept in a shaded area for the first little while and then moved to direct sunlight as it gets bigger. It literally broke soil today and I now have the pot sitting in a shaded area under an awning. I don’t wanna blast it with too much sunlight too early but I’m not sure how to go about it. The only experience I have with this is hardening off my indoor plants for outdoor but typically those are 6-8 weeks old at that point. Any tips?

Starting auto seeds outside in pots
chemistry

chemistry

Stick to what you know, if you can grow a tomato plant, you can grow these, just apply what you already know and you'll be fine. That's what I did, and my outdoor auto is doing fine. 👍

Madmax

Madmax

If it came up outside then it is okay to b in direct sunlight.you just have to watch that the soil doesnt dry out..thats it..long as its not real hot.as youd have to put in shade then water..soon as mine are up they are staight in the full sun,but i have them in small pots at start 30mm by near 4 inches deep.if i think mine are dring too quick i will move to shade and water then after couple hrs back in full sun.im in a cool climate at beginning of season so its pretty safe to give them full sun..too much shade makes them leggy ..

Moshmen

Moshmen

It’s the only time I spray my lil gals just for humidy and a little water so they don’t dry up

chemistry

chemistry

Thanks everyone!! She’s currently soaking up the sun. I’ll be sure to keep an eye on soil moisture.

Start a grow diary and update it once a week or more, with pics, and if you get stuck, some one of the Farmer's clan will help you out. 👍

pinetarbiscuits

pinetarbiscuits

I planted this auto April 23rd directly in this 20 gallon wicking planter. Ripley's OG by Mephisto seeds. All I hav
Ripleys O G
e done is water it.

pinetarbiscuits

pinetarbiscuits

My first time to grow autos. My 2 Mephisto seeds , both Ripley's OG, sprouted in 3 days. The other plant is only about a foot tall, though. It is in another wicking planter.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Autoflowers run different from photoperiod plants, all though you can run them outside the yield is less than if grown indoors, good idea not blasting with straight up sunlight, if your going to feed go really light as they need much less nutrients than a photo, hopefully you have a tuff strain bc there really not ment to be put outdoors, dont get discouraged i have seen some awsome autos grown outdoors but your gonna have to keep a sharp eye on potential problems such as mold and pests, autos flower with age not photoperiod if i was you i would keep in shade till plant gains some size and slowly aclimate your plant to direct sunlight, dont be surprised if you you start to see flower around 30 days, if possible i would bring in plant at night to keep the dew off or at least shake the dew off in morning, autoflowers are how should i put it? Some can be very fussy and bitchy, they dislike high heat and wide temp swings but that all depends on the strain your running as some are much more hardy than others, hopefully you have a tuff strain, if you look at the stats you generally get a lower yield outdoors this is bc there not realy ment to be outdoors but people do it and so can you good luck, last grow samsqatch og autoflower.

20200610 201758
20200604 170704
20200604 170716
Top Bottom