Starting Dwc With Rooted Clones

• Thread starter boston toker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
boston toker

boston toker

I have some clones i want to start in a 5 gal dwc bucket. Just trying to find out what and how to do once i put them in the bucket. Obviously roots wont reach thru pot yet so do i hand water till they do. Has anyone used foxfarms trio or general hydro trio or floranova bloom. Any and all info would be great i plan on doing one in ff and one in gh the whatever is better trying it up aginst another nute line

ken dog

ken dog

My roots always reach to the bottom of whatever pot I am planting them in... Because I wait long enough for the roots to be that long.

After that, I set the level of the water one inch above the bottom of the pot and let it evaporate down to just below the bottom of the pot where I let it stay.

If you don't do that, then yes... You must top water it.

boston toker

boston toker

My roots always reach to the bottom of whatever pot I am planting them in... Because I wait long enough for the roots to be that long.

After that, I set the level of the water one inch above the bottom of the pot and let it evaporate down to just below the bottom of the pot where I let it stay.

If you don't do that, then yes... You must top water it.
I was giveing some clones that were started in i think rapid rooter plugs it says i can use them in the dwc bucket of course im gonna fill around with some type of clay or some thing. They just got roots pokeing out of the plugs. They werent started in dwc so i guess ill half to water by hand anyone know how often

ken dog

ken dog

What are you using as your medium?... hydroten?... Coco coir?... More Rockwall?... Something else?

Don't let the roots dry out or they'll die, and don't keep your rockwool wet as the stem will rot.

boston toker

boston toker

What are you using as your medium?... hydroten?... Coco coir?... More Rockwall?... Something else?

Don't let the roots dry out or they'll die, and don't keep your rockwool wet as the stem will rot.
I just picked up some grow it clay pebbels from the grow store

ken dog

ken dog

I'd try to keep the sponge fairly dry, and the clay pellets fairly moist... The clay pellets hold moisture rather well... Which is good.
I'll probably make sure the clay pellets were re-moistened every 3 hours... at least at first.

boston toker

boston toker

Thanks
I'd try to keep the sponge fairly dry, and the clay pellets fairly moist... The clay pellets hold moisture rather well... Which is good.
I'll probably make sure the clay pellets were re-moistened every 3 hours... at least at first.
.any sudgestion on what ppm would be good to start with and then once they do get into the bucket

ken dog

ken dog

When I did Ebb and flow, I always vegged at 1.3 EC.

In the undercurrent "supercharged air" system, I veg at .3 EC.

Depends on how much aeration you have in your buckets.

boston toker

boston toker

When I did Ebb and flow, I always vegged at 1.3 EC.

In the undercurrent "supercharged air" system, I veg at .3 EC.

Depends on how much aeration you have in your buckets.
The more air the more nutes

keiksweat

keiksweat

If you get enough air bubbling in the bucket,when you hang the net pot close to the water,the clay gets moist anyway.I always find the roots grow faster like this as they have to search for the water.don't top feed to much ,if at all.seems to slow things down when I do it.im mostly soil now,but still got one going in the same set-up your talking of doing...good luck pal
WP 20160424 18 48 11 Pro
WP 20160424 18 47 55 Pro

boston toker

boston toker

Thanks.one last question. Because in useing a bubble bucket with an air stone. If i took a plant from soil and washed the roots in theory id be able to have some clay on the bottom and around it should grow. Now im dealing with a few plants that are in some soil with very poor drainidge. I dont know why i take these plants. Next time they say im gona throw this out do you want it i think ill pass n just get healthy ones. Maybe ill try switching these ones over

keiksweat

keiksweat

I've washed soil,and coco
Thanks.one last question. Because in useing a bubble bucket with an air stone. If i took a plant from soil and washed the roots in theory id be able to have some clay on the bottom and around it should grow. Now im dealing with a few plants that are in some soil with very poor drainidge. I dont know why i take these plants. Next time they say im gona throw this out do you want it i think ill pass n just get healthy ones. Maybe ill try switching these ones over
off roots.just be careful when filling the clay in ,onto the net pots.works ok.just be gentle. Got any pictures bro?

boston toker

boston toker

Not of the new ones ill throw a few up later trying to trim right now looks like a long night id say close to 3/4lb off 2 girls

Top Bottom