Starting From Seed, DWC

• Thread starter NeWcS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NeWcS

NeWcS

So for my next grow I will be starting from seed, not clone like I have the past few grows.

Normally I would purchase the clone in a small rock-wool block. I would plant the rooted cube into a net-pot full of hydroton and let it do its thing. Nice and ez.

Does anyone have any tips/links of a sure fire way of germinating seeds and getting them to root in cubes before I put them in a net-pot? I know nothing is 100% but with the price of seeds what they are I want to try and get it right the first time.

Thank you!

420hieagle420

i would germ them in jiffy7 pellets, that the way i have done it in the past and never had any problems with them going into any hydro setup, same when i take clones. Keep It Green and Stay Safe..HE

NeWcS

NeWcS

I guess the part I am wanting to know more about is once the seed pops. Because I have a lot of it I was going to use small rock-wool cubes.

So once its popped I put the seedling into the rock-wool cube. My question(s) I guess would be:

-Does the cube need to first be soaked in a nutrient solution?
-What sort of light schedule would I run to get the seed to root into the cube?
-What should the cube be set in? I know once the roots come through the cube I can put it in a net pot w/ clay.
-Should I keep the cube with the cracked seed covered? And if so at what point would I uncover it?
..Anything else to help ensure a successful grow would be great info.

Thank you!

420hieagle420

I guess the part I am wanting to know more about is once the seed pops. Because I have a lot of it I was going to use small rock-wool cubes.

So once its popped I put the seedling into the rock-wool cube. My question(s) I guess would be:

-Does the cube need to first be soaked in a nutrient solution?
-What sort of light schedule would I run to get the seed to root into the cube?
-What should the cube be set in? I know once the roots come through the cube I can put it in a net pot w/ clay.
-Should I keep the cube with the cracked seed covered? And if so at what point would I uncover it?
..Anything else to help ensure a successful grow would be great info.

Thank you!

id soak the RW in ph'ed water 5.6-5.8ph overnight no nutes the seedlings wont need nutes until a week or10 days then you can feed them very lightly to start.

18/6 lights

set the cubes in a ebb and flood tray or shallow container.

dont cover the seeds

make sure you dont get the RW soaking wet only moist.

Keep It Green and Stay Safe..HE

NeWcS

NeWcS

Awesome! This was the exact info I was looking for. Thank you!!

NeWcS

NeWcS

I do have another question on this; You/they say to soak the rock-wool cube in ph'd water over night but on the packaging it says to only dip the cube and to not soak. Explain please.

M

MTM

I soak mine at least a couple hours.This insures that the ph inside your cube is not off.Some people soak longer than others,Id for sure give them more than a dip..

Top Bottom