Starting grow in coco coir

• Thread starter McSmokey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jdog22

jdog22

hey dude!! i got 2 grows going both with the same mix as you, i used coco coir bricks and made it all up myself.
my first batch of seeds popped up and i had no fertz to give them, they were soooo small and never grew, i waited a month and popped more seeds down, and had them pop up as well, but they wernt far off the size of the first batch haha.
so my nutes arrived. and i started putting them with the water, feeding them..
they grew double in size within 2-3 days. so with my own experience i start giving them very small amounts of fertz as soon as the seed pod falls off and they can no longer get what they need from that. coco doesnt hold nutes so i feed, feed, water. feed, feed, water with the breaks to help break anything down still in the soil. ive never used a ec meter and dont even know wtf that is lol but i do good with what ive learnt over the years.

more than happy to pop some grow pics with how my harvests have turned out with what your using,
i did use a 600w hps light though so only real difference.

also dude never forget your going to make mistakes and thats okey :) learn from that, use it as fuel and double your yeild with what you learn.

H

hoobastank_enthusiast

I tried coco bricks and it was a nightmare, so I decided to just put a "toe in the water" with Coco Loco as I am already familiar with soil grows. I'm using Coco Loco, Perlite and rabbit poop from my pet rabbit... (along with Dyna Grow Protekt and Foliage Pro). We'll see how it does.

Also boiled and baked my coco loco, Ive had enough of fungus gnats and want all bugs dead... (yes killing the good stuff too, A trade off Im willing to take)

Boiling water and an oven until the soil/coco reaches 180...
That's fair, ostensibly you should be able to replace the good stuff afterwards. I don't like bricks either, I figure if you're going to spend all that time a $40 bag of prepped media is worth it.

M

McSmokey

hey dude!! i got 2 grows going both with the same mix as you, i used coco coir bricks and made it all up myself.
my first batch of seeds popped up and i had no fertz to give them, they were soooo small and never grew, i waited a month and popped more seeds down, and had them pop up as well, but they wernt far off the size of the first batch haha.
so my nutes arrived. and i started putting them with the water, feeding them..
they grew double in size within 2-3 days. so with my own experience i start giving them very small amounts of fertz as soon as the seed pod falls off and they can no longer get what they need from that. coco doesnt hold nutes so i feed, feed, water. feed, feed, water with the breaks to help break anything down still in the soil. ive never used a ec meter and dont even know wtf that is lol but i do good with what ive learnt over the years.

more than happy to pop some grow pics with how my harvests have turned out with what your using,
i did use a 600w hps light though so only real difference.

also dude never forget your going to make mistakes and thats okey :) learn from that, use it as fuel and double your yeild with what you learn.
Thanks for your advice mate, really appreciate it 👍 would love to see how your harvest turned out mate that would be cool.. when my babys start showing im gonna start document the progress on this site 😁

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

@sinse TBH with Coco Loco I think you might want to treat it more like soil than coco. I'm not sure on exactly how that will handle; coco mixed with soil is something I try to avoid. To give you some perspective as far as feeding goes, looking back at my notes for my current grow it looks like my first feeding on day 1 was 6.1 pH @ 460 μS/cm.
what is this coco loco I hear people referring to ?

Nitropath

Nitropath

Hello lovely people of the cannabis world.

Ive been a lover of the the green stuff for quite some time now but have only just started to have a dabble at growing it myself. This will be my second grow that im gonna be starting this week, my first one was a complete shambles and only managed to pull 2oz from 3 plants 😪..! Il be using the same medium for this grow as i did with the first wich was 70% coco 30% perlite. Where i messed up with the last one is i wasn't watering the plant enough and was letting it dry out before watering, wich ive learnt is no good at all in coco. But i am torn with the best way to get them going from seed? Do i drench the medium before i plant the seed in there? And how much should i be watering whilst its a seed/ seedling? And do i start with nutrients from the get go?

Thankyou for your time in reading this post and hope to have some helpful feedback.

Love 👊
Just water seedlings out a few inches but deep. I start feeding them .3-.4 EC after they leave the party cups, where I just feed with a spoon of worm castings because they are fragile.

Top Bottom