starting in solo cups

• Thread starter noktommaster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

noktommaster

so i am growing my plants starting off in solo cups and i was wondering, how big or how long can i let them grow in the cups?

or maybe the better question would be, how can i tell when they have out grown their cups?

i've included some pics so you can see how they are

Starting in solo cups
Starting in solo cups 2
Starting in solo cups 3
pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
your fine bro i say 3 weeks they will be ready to transplant depends how quick your strain grows

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

your fine bro i say 3 weeks they will be ready to transplant depends how quick your strain grows
yup and if your in coco Even longer if your forced to,,,but you will know becuase the plants will start drying out every day fast once the roots have consumed the medium in the beer cups:cool0041:

purpleberry

purpleberry

Ive read some people like to build up a root mass to feed the plant in flower better. Ive learned if you pot up as soon as you can get it out with the root ball intact, the plant will grow alot faster. Ive left a extra plant behind before and had the one transplanted double the size of the one left behind in 2 weeks. The plant knows how much room the roots have. Also they know how wide a pot is also, and will grow taller in a taller skinner pot, and wider in a shorter wider pot, when the pots are pushed together.

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

Ive read some people like to build up a root mass to feed the plant in flower better. Ive learned if you pot up as soon as you can get it out with the root ball intact, the plant will grow alot faster. Ive left a extra plant behind before and had the one transplanted double the size of the one left behind in 2 weeks. The plant knows how much room the roots have. Also they know how wide a pot is also, and will grow taller in a taller skinner pot, and wider in a shorter wider pot, when the pots are pushed together.
Have noticed the same ,reason now i usaully just skip the solos with cutts in rapid rooters fresh out the dome and just stuff um in 1 gallons instead of solo cups anymore when i can!!!!
They dig in and grow much faster !!!!

N

noktommaster

three weeks total from when i put them in the cups? or 3 weeks from now?

S

scrapiron

I know it isn't your question.... but I would add some light in there. You have alot of stretch in the outer plants. And the far left is barely makin it.

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

Id say in about 3 weeks when they are standing str8 up with hard stems but thats just me and like scrap said....Get some light on them if there expensive seeds......

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

Do you have a fan blowing making the babies dance?
Peace

N

noktommaster

ok these are just bag seeds, i know i have some weak growth on the outer edges. i am going to cull the herd soon.

after last time where out of 25 seeds i only got two females i wanted to make sure that i got a few more this time around so i planted 72 seeds this time around.

S

scrapiron

JUST bag-seed? Shame on you! Bag seed is the shit. And 2 females out of 25, sounds like you got my luck.
Anyway, They can go a few more weeks. My method: Put your fingers over the top and flip the cup upside down. Gently slide the cup up and off. If the dirt falls to the floor, not time yet. If the dirt is held together by the roots, and there is a good root ball in the very bottom of the cup... its time.
It will be very benificial later down the road if you wait until you have that solid root ball.... NOT completely root-bound, just a nice ball. If you only see 2 or 3 roots, wait.

Reason: Roots will grow out till they hit the container, then start filling in. If you gradually step up the size of the container, you force the plant to use the space available. This makes a better, healthier root system. Better roots=Better
Buds
I go from a solo cup, to a 1 gallon, to a 3 gallon. Each transplant takes place about every 4 weeks. Hope this helps. And dont say JUST bag seed! I haven't bought a seed in my life, and never will.

purpleberry

purpleberry

This is also a good reason for square pots, You can squeze the square pot and look down the side at the roots, Not going to happen with a round pot, lol.

Top Bottom