Starting Jadam and KNF inputs.

• Thread starter BirdLaw86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

After about 2 years of learning about basic organics, Ive decided to dive into Jadam and Korean natural farming aka KNF. Not only does 99% of this seem cheap, simple and easily understandable, it also seems logical and much more beneficial than any other type of growing technique Ive learned about. I say that simply bc all ingredients are free or very cheap, each mixture aka input is easy to make, measure and administer, and also bc youre using calculated amounts of microbiology like beneficial bacteria and fungi to replicate MOTHER NATURES PROCESS. Think of it as Microbiological Husbandry. You become the creator or sheppard of the microbiology which will inturn take care of your soil, and we all know healthy soil means a healthy plant.
Ive learned 3 to 4 simple techniques to cultivate specific microbes, if anyone has opinions or experience with these topics please feel free to chime in and elaborate. I'll add the inputs and their ingredients in the screenshot below.

Starting jadam and knf inputs
BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

*Notes: 2 different batches of LAB, smaller batch is in cutoff 20oz water bottle with more of an air opening due to loose lid, its finishing faster possibly due to more air in container. Smells of SLIGHTLY bad cheese.

* Bubbles forming in both IMO mixes, smelling earthy. 1 in dark container, the other in a clearer container and there are VERY noticable bubbles on sides and walls of container rather than on the top of surface.

*Temp has been about 75°, all inputs are in darkness.

*Outdoor temp dropped drastically, underground rice inoculants are at roughly 45°, will check Oct29th.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i make my lab difrent,i take the wash ,most times 1 cup of wash and 10 cups of milk,i then put it all in a 3 gal glass pot with wide top ,also has a lid but instead i use chesse cloth over the top with rubber band holding it on,most times it only takes around a week to make ,but that depends on temps outside,once the curd has seperated i cut a x in the chesse,i then lift 1 section of that chesse or the x ,after that i take a turkey baster and remove all the good stuff being careful not to disturbe to much and not get the way off the bottom.
you can eat the chesse ,if not compost pile,but if you have any smell to the chesse i wouldnt use it,i alwas start smelling mine aroyund day 3 and when i smell a hint of difrence i take the lab then.
just how i make my lab anyway,i ferment in a 5 gal bucket with gas run off into a coke bottle for fpj and such,when i feed knf,last 2 years i only been using comfrey,my own personel opinion is that comfrey alone is the very best feed for soil hands down .
sounds like a very great plan you have by the way

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

i make my lab difrent,i take the wash ,most times 1 cup of wash and 10 cups of milk,i then put it all in a 3 gal glass pot with wide top ,also has a lid but instead i use chesse cloth over the top with rubber band holding it on,most times it only takes around a week to make ,but that depends on temps outside,once the curd has seperated i cut a x in the chesse,i then lift 1 section of that chesse or the x ,after that i take a turkey baster and remove all the good stuff being careful not to disturbe to much and not get the way off the bottom.
you can eat the chesse ,if not compost pile,but if you have any smell to the chesse i wouldnt use it,i alwas start smelling mine aroyund day 3 and when i smell a hint of difrence i take the lab then.
just how i make my lab anyway,i ferment in a 5 gal bucket with gas run off into a coke bottle for fpj and such,when i feed knf,last 2 years i only been using comfrey,my own personel opinion is that comfrey alone is the very best feed for soil hands down .
sounds like a very great plan you have by the way
Ty I appreciate your input. It didnt notify me of your reply for whatever reason. Couple pics below.

*Update*
The IMO brews were added at 1ml per gallon but only fed 1 liter to be safe on watering. Seen growth and new tops stretch significantly 3 days after adding IMO's

New compost tea was started, diluted of course, 2 tbls kelp, half cup worm castings, half cup compost, 4tbls blackstrap, 4gal dechlorinated filtered water. Note* no pic but bubbles went apeshit until i added compost on 2nd day and broke the bubble chain thingy but she refoamed a bit a day later. So do not add extras after teas already brewing 😂

LAB input went great, it smelled of parm/cottage cheese 5 days after starting. VERY INVENTIVE WAY TO REMOVE LAB, I attached a plastic medical syringe with rounded point to a piece of air hose, I slid the air hose line down into side of jar to reach lab and not disturb the curd and used syringe to extract 100ML at a time with no straining required 😎🦅. I applied LAB at 1 ML per gallon on bottom of leaves and into soil but only used about 1 liter.

Started FPJ from new growth of the magical plant im growing, new sprouts and a few fan leaves mixed with brown sugar at a 1:1 ratio, 3 days into fermentation.

20211031 172853
20211101 1148262
20211031 1728042
20211101 114958
20211101 115011
Top Bottom