Starting my 2nd DWC grow.

• Thread starter TheGreek_978
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Looking good man. I sprouted 2 photos in the same tent a month after my dwc, man ohh man is it a boomin. I have much higher swings in ppm, more time in grow room, and its seems substancially slower growth than my RDWC. Ive had far more issues with my RDWC though, yet its still looking like double the yield as my dwc. I guess im trying to say, get a res and water flow somehow and you will love it. Even the smallest pump you could imagine down in the bottom of that bucket would increase the growth rate I imagine. That flow vs setteling shit is where its at, dwc gets pockets that dont flow very well. Like my root mass is massive compared to my rdwc. Like the roots are streching so much in my bucket. Who knows, im stoned. .It all sounds right though. Anyways looking good, better than most that are not on this forums ;)

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Looking good man. I sprouted 2 photos in the same tent a month after my dwc, man ohh man is it a boomin. I have much higher swings in ppm, more time in grow room, and its seems substancially slower growth than my RDWC. Ive had far more issues with my RDWC though, yet its still looking like double the yield as my dwc. I guess im trying to say, get a res and water flow somehow and you will love it. Even the smallest pump you could imagine down in the bottom of that bucket would increase the growth rate I imagine. That flow vs setteling shit is where its at, dwc gets pockets that dont flow very well. Like my root mass is massive compared to my rdwc. Like the roots are streching so much in my bucket. Who knows, im stoned. .It all sounds right though. Anyways looking good, better than most that are not on this forums ;)
THANKS MAN! I have thought about going RDWC but nervous about the room in the tent . I’m in a 2x3x5 tent. So I only have so much room for buckets. I take a cup of the Rez water every day and pour it on the media to soak thru to the roots. My PPM’s don’t swing to much and lately my ph has been on point. Once I get a bigger place I would love to expand to more plants and a better system but until then I’m stuck with what I got

workngrow

workngrow

THANKS MAN! I have thought about going RDWC but nervous about the room in the tent . I’m in a 2x3x5 tent. So I only have so much room for buckets. I take a cup of the Rez water every day and pour it on the media to soak thru to the roots. My PPM’s don’t swing to much and lately my ph has been on point. Once I get a bigger place I would love to expand to more plants and a better system but until then I’m stuck with what I got

If your tent has a hole going out the bottom one side, you can have the plant sites inside the tent and run a pvc pipe out and keep the res outside the tent to save space. I would suggest doing that anyway if you go RDWC so your res isnt sitting in heat and should help regulate the temp of the water a bit better. You could def do a few sites/plants in a 2x3 but 5ft is a bit short.

This is my setup, has a 3'' pvc coming out the bottom right from that pov. This is 5x5x7 though.

197767871 882272932632669 8133085337234947970 n
workngrow

workngrow

Also, dont drop a pump in your system near the root mass and such. Even if its small its inviting roots getting sucked up into it or clogged. If you need churn in the bucket use an air pump and pump cool air into the bucket via a stone or something.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Ya I just don’t have the space even where my tent is. I have my tent on a closet and I have maybe 2ft of space only on one side of a wall. So to fit a bucket and to actually adjust it would be Impossible. I would have to take the tent out every time to adjust the Rez.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Also, dont drop a pump in your system near the root mass and such. Even if its small its inviting roots getting sucked up into it or clogged. If you need churn in the bucket use an air pump and pump cool air into the bucket via a stone or something.
I dont think the air moves the water much at all, least when compared to a small pump. You could put an 8 dollar pump hooked to the siteguage feeding back into the top as a fall ponics and it would be noticeable if done on a side by side comparison with just your standard airline.

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
Why are some of my leaves bigger than others? Same amount of light thru out. PPM’s kept the same because she’s not showing signs of disliking it. View attachment 1133856
That is a bit normal when doing any type of LST. You are changing the way the plant is directing it's focus. LST is changing what Tops are the dominant. So sometimes she can be a bit confused what Tops are dom. but if they are kept as level as possible. It should even out after a bit. Less upward like a tree, more outward like a bush. Even canopy is always the goal, so all Tops are fed evenly.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

So I waited till the 4th-5th node for her first topping. I want to top her again and was wondering if I should wait again till the 4-5th node or can I top her at the 3rd? Does it make a difference? This is her main branch. She did have 2 but R.I.P to her sister because she broke off. So I’m working with the one instead of 2 from the first topping. Thank you
F9829D0B C3CF 4FE7 9288 312A7C8D649D

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Should I cut these kinda shutes off the ones that sit low. Will they eventually get big or not worth it. Im still in veg so I was going to wait till I flip to flower to cut away shutes. But I guess if no light now why wait.
7D71F1EA CDE3 48CF BE5F E0F09871AFBB

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Im still a new grower, I am doing a dwc and rdwc, both system I only topped once. Im in a 2x4 and all my buds look damn near the same size on three diff pots. How long do you plan on veggin for? I did a 30 day rdwc veg and a 60 day dwc veg. Will topping prevent the need to lollipop it, as in defoliate as much lower branches? I only topped once but I have cut so many fan leafs off this grow, loose filled 5 gallon bucket prolly, and ill have about that amount stripped off at harvest to get the buds good. Will topping it force all that lower stuff to boom up or just create more leafs needing defoliated?

I wasnt as much worried about the largest fan leafs, and lower branches as I was light blasting on the lowest buds. I guess im asking why top twice, and how long veg? I will never do anything over 35 day veg again. My 35 day veg plant put on more weight than my 65 day auto veg. . .its wild. Imm try a 20 day veg next time. .wish I had all these times to be honest. The bloom part is what sucks getting through. Ill always be in a hurry to get there from now on.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

How long do you plan on veggin for?

I germinated the seed on 4/20. So she’s only been in a full veg I would say for 30 days or so. I’m going to push her till the end of June beginning of July before I swap her over to flower.

Will topping prevent the need to lollipop it,
Not sure if it prevents it, topping stops the plant from growing tall and it actually allows the rest of the bottom to catch out to the top and have a nice level canopy.

I guess im asking why top twice, and how long veg?
I topped twice to get a few more Cola spots mostly. And you can veg for a year if you wanted and had the space.

I will prob cut away those lower branches that aren’t getting to much light. And bring more focus to the top of my plant

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

update 6/18:

Just trimmed her up a bit. PPM’s 340 and p.h anywhere between 5.6-6.0 I keep her. Letting her veg a little longer then I’ll make the swap to flower. Not sure how much more I can or want to trim off until she’s in flower.

AA956AA4 96F9 4E64 BF0B 5D32F0FA755C
79453B5A 7E64 4303 AFA3 0FA46E3A13CE
5B1D255B 57F2 4297 824F 76CB6713B16A
F98D6935 7511 4CDD 8CF1 82691B1E2F04

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

You probably don’t need to trim any more off. I see that you cut off some actual bud sites too. I never cut those off or top my plants I just use a screen and spread it out to maximize my bud sites. I have about 40+ tops on my current grow because of this. Just my two cents. Plant is looking healthy and happy for sure

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

You probably don’t need to trim any more off. I see that you cut off some actual bud sites too. I never cut those off or top my plants I just use a screen and spread it out to maximize my bud sites. I have about 40+ tops on my current grow because of this. Just my two cents. Plant is looking healthy and happy for sure
Well I topped her twice because I only have a 5ft tall tent, so keeping her low. I cut the bud sites off because they were below the plant not getting hit by any light so they weren’t really growing as well as the other sites. Those will be the only sites I cut, any other trimming will be fan leaves

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

When can I flip her? Was thinking end of June to allow some of the bud sites to mature a little more
364C4E5B 2429 4D78 8DEC 7A53E1D92F73

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Update 6/21:

She’s about 2 months in from a seed, she looks great. Been using these 90 degree bend clips and they are working awesome.

Thinking of letting her go till the end of June and flipping her for flower in July. I have a 5ft tall tent so don’t want her to get to much taller before she stretches. Let me know if you guys see anything that looks off.
B77EC8B5 1B88 4910 B36D AAEA5B3F1C04
8D4E5433 C260 48C9 B940 9EFFAAB21BF0
C2558F5C C9CC 461B B8E0 177AE43A905E
0DDD0462 854D 443E BEAF E1BA3F078BF6
3BA39334 5587 42DB AB19 77C2D5B4156A

Latest posts

Top Bottom