Starting my first autoflower run

• Thread starter Grow4fun420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grow4fun420

Grow4fun420

This is my first time growing autoflower. I’ve startef my journery two runs ago with photoperiod flower.

Strains im germinatinh straight in the soil; by Royal Queen Seedsz
Purple Punch Auto (Purple Punch x Old School Skunk) with a harvest time of 10 weeks.
Northern Lights Auto (Northen Lights x Ruderalis) with a harvest time of 10-12 weeks.

For soil im using Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Soil. Currently keepinh soil moist but not water logged at a pH of 6.5
Lighting schedule is 20 hours of light and 4 hours of night.
Lights have been placed 24 inches above cannopy.
For nutrients imma start feeding her a week after the sprout during day 8 by General Hydroponics;
Silica gold, cal mag, floragro, florabloom, flora micro.

Using Vivo Sun 100 watt led light
Two oscillating fans, a exhaust vent, and a carbon filter with ac fan

Grow4fun420

Grow4fun420

Day 6 northern lights auto 78 days to go
Day 5 purple punch auto 65 days to go

IMG 8141
IMG 8142
IMG 8143
IMG 8144
IMG 8145
IMG 8146
Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Looking good. I do t know much about the nutes you’re using but I use ff happy frog soil and I don’t need to feed for 3-4 weeks. And if my memory is correct ocean forest has a little more nutes than the happy frog. And take into consideration a seedling isn’t feeding that much. So the first two weeks barely use any of the soil’s reserves. What size pots are you using? The bigger the pot=more nutrients=longer the plant can go before needing more food. That’s how I see it at least. I’m no expert I’ve only grown two autos and a few seasons indoor and out. I figured I’d give you something to think about though. Lol have a good one. My newest auto just popped through the soil today so we’re gonna be raising them at the same time lol if you ever wanna bounce some ideas off someone, I’m on regularly. good luck and happy growing.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Don’t feed them at day 8!

You will mess up the seeds chemistry and stunt the plant badly

Agree with above don’t feed till about the third week even then give them a 1/4 dose of what the manufacture recommended and work your way up
Fertiliser manufacturers are notorious for telling you to add to much

It also looks like you need to raise or dim your light a bit that or it’s to hot as the sides are starting to curl

Grow4fun420

Grow4fun420

Don’t feed them at day 8!

You will mess up the seeds chemistry and stunt the plant badly

Agree with above don’t feed till about the third week even then give them a 1/4 dose of what the manufacture recommended and work your way up
Fertiliser manufacturers are notorious for telling you to add to much

It also looks like you need to raise or dim your light a bit that or it’s to hot as the sides are starting to curl
Imma feed them at week 5-6 at a 1/4 of the reccomended dose. Im currently still doing 6.5 pH of just tap water for the first 5 weeks of its life cycle. Ppm of tapwater is at 353; I havent updated this forum, due to doing some research. And yes I will raise the lights from 18 inches to 24 inches; unfurtunely I cannot dimm my vivosun 100 watt led light :(

Grow4fun420

Grow4fun420

Looking good. I do t know much about the nutes you’re using but I use ff happy frog soil and I don’t need to feed for 3-4 weeks. And if my memory is correct ocean forest has a little more nutes than the happy frog. And take into consideration a seedling isn’t feeding that much. So the first two weeks barely use any of the soil’s reserves. What size pots are you using? The bigger the pot=more nutrients=longer the plant can go before needing more food. That’s how I see it at least. I’m no expert I’ve only grown two autos and a few seasons indoor and out. I figured I’d give you something to think about though. Lol have a good one. My newest auto just popped through the soil today so we’re gonna be raising them at the same time lol if you ever wanna bounce some ideas off someone, I’m on regularly. good luck and happy growing.
I havent used any nutes… just tap water at a pH of 6.5 for the first 5 weeks. Gonna begin feeding a 1/4 of the reccomended dose from general hydroponics at week 5 or 6. I post at another website at havent updated this one lol. I was doing some research and getting advice from other growers.

Grow4fun420

Grow4fun420

Just raised the lights from 18” to 24 inches above cannopy; I’ve noticed some heat stress, I cannot dimm my led lights and the temperatureis at 85*F to high, and humidity is at 46%

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

I havent used any nutes… just tap water at a pH of 6.5 for the first 5 weeks. Gonna begin feeding a 1/4 of the reccomended dose from general hydroponics at week 5 or 6. I post at another website at havent updated this one lol. I was doing some research and getting advice from other growers.
Sounds much better.lol you scared me saying you were gonna add all that stuff a week in lol I’ll definitely be following along. I got a grow journal going for 4 indoor plants and hopefully 4 outdoor I’m gonna try 3 autos outside this year. A mix of organic and synthetic. Should be a lot of mayhem lol feel free to stop by.

Top Bottom