Starting my first organic grow

• Thread starter Gdawwwg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Iv posted a few times for advice on dwc grows and tips to get me through my first grow. And the response was great so firstly thanks to everyone that helped out and took time to steer me in the right direction. Appreciate it!!!

Sadly dwc just ain't working for me. Tried three times and all failed. So iv decided to go the organic route.

I already have a 1.2mx1.2m Mars hydro tent with 6inch fan and carbon filter.

Mars hydro sp/ts 3000 can't rememba which 1 off top of my head but it's 450watt led

Inkbird humidity controller

Osciallting fans x2

I'm. In the UK so lots of the products. Soils etc either aren't available or would need to be ordered. But I have found "ecothrive" range which seem very good. They do a supersoil 45l for 30£.and it says can take you through whole cycle with just water. Although it does recommend using ecothrive biosys and life cycle as a dry top feed every 2-3 weeks.

I will be doing 6 plants from cuttings.

And using fabric pots

So am I right in thinking that I simply fill the pots with say 2/3 of super soil and 1/3(top) with a light soil. Plant the cuttings and just water. Then every 2-3 weeks add dry amendments.

Can I plant directly into final pot? Thinking 11l pots what are thoughts on that size?

Ph water between 6-7 everytime and obviously water more as plant grows bigger.

How much or how often from cutting stage to early veg should i water roughly. Iv seen people say when feels light or top inch or so is dry water again.

Hopefully this will be my first succsefull grow and will pull of some dank organic nugs.

Just looking for any general knowledge or guidance/tips from anyone who grows organically.

Not starting till 22nd Feb so got time to grab stuff that's needed and prep ready for this.

Thanks to anybody that takes time to reply appreciate it

Homesteader

Homesteader

Let me know if you need any help making soil if you go that route but alot depends on being able to get peat. Not sure how tough that is to find in the UK. Dry amendments every few weeks seems a bit much considering it is ontop of a supersoil but I am pretty unfamiliar with ecothrive. Is this like the B12 stuff? Anyhow it sounds like you have a good startup. I would recommend maybe putting the newly rooted clones into something relatively sterile (or at least not supersoil) for a week or two before going into your final pots. Lots of varying methods, you just have to find what works for you.

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Let me know if you need any help making soil if you go that route but alot depends on being able to get peat. Not sure how tough that is to find in the UK. Dry amendments every few weeks seems a bit much considering it is ontop of a supersoil but I am pretty unfamiliar with ecothrive. Is this like the B12 stuff? Anyhow it sounds like you have a good startup. I would recommend maybe putting the newly rooted clones into something relatively sterile (or at least not supersoil) for a week or two before going into your final pots. Lots of varying methods, you just have to find what works for you.
They recommend 45l soil per plant! It does say to ensure you have enough nutrients to last entire grow surely a 12-16l pot will be fine though. As long as I top dress after so many weeks. Ecothrive biosys is a instant mix microbe tea. And ecothrive charge is the dry ammendment for top dressing. I suppose I will have to add that by judgment when I feel the plants need it. As a rough guess maybe after 5 weeks then say 5 weeks before harvest maybe. Microbe tea every 2-3 weeks. They do make a light soil which I was thinking place in the top1/3 of pot so if I place the cuttings straight in they won't get access to the super soil till the roots have grown down through the light soil. Does that sound OK.

Screenshot 20220131 210909 comandroidchrome
Screenshot 20220131 210917 comandroidchrome
Screenshot 20220131 210925 comandroidchrome
Homesteader

Homesteader

Yeah I think that should work for you. Best of luck with it all. What strain are you getting cuttings from again?

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

This is how they rreccomend to use. I mean I understand what they mean by suggesting the 45 l per plant because in this way u literally just add water. But I would rather have 6, 12-16l pots filled 2/3 and use the dry ammendment to get it through the rest of the grow

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Yeah I think that should work for you. Best of luck with it all. What strain are you getting cuttings from again?
Yet to decide. Last three times I tried I went with 4 super lemon haze. The guy I'm grabbing them off has a lil variety so I may try something different this time.

Last time I checked he had super lemon, stardawg, choc mint, cheese and another but I can't remember.

Might just take a lucky dip lol see what I end up with. Probably not the cheese though. It will stink out the whole street

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Sorry about bombarding with pics lol
This is what's in it and how they rreccomend to use. Iv never attempted to make my own but I'm sure u and others have so u will know what's good and what's not. But it does seem like all bases are covered with this product

Screenshot 20220131 214441 comandroidchrome
Screenshot 20220131 214449 comandroidchrome
Screenshot 20220131 214500 comandroidchrome
Screenshot 20220131 214519 comandroidchrome
Screenshot 20220131 214526 comandroidchrome
R

ritoMox

Iv posted a few times for advice on dwc grows and tips to get me through my first grow. And the response was great so firstly thanks to everyone that helped out and took time to steer me in the right direction. Appreciate it!!!

Sadly dwc just ain't working for me. Tried three times and all failed. So iv decided to go the organic route.

I already have a 1.2mx1.2m Mars hydro tent with 6inch fan and carbon filter.

Mars hydro sp/ts 3000 can't rememba which 1 off top of my head but it's 450watt led

Inkbird humidity controller

Osciallting fans x2

I'm. In the UK so lots of the products. Soils etc either aren't available or would need to be ordered. But I have found "ecothrive" range which seem very good. They do a supersoil 45l for 30£.and it says can take you through whole cycle with just water. Although it does recommend using ecothrive biosys and life cycle as a dry top feed every 2-3 weeks.

I will be doing 6 plants from cuttings.

And using fabric pots

So am I right in thinking that I simply fill the pots with say 2/3 of super soil and 1/3(top) with a light soil. Plant the cuttings and just water. Then every 2-3 weeks add dry amendments.

Can I plant directly into final pot? Thinking 11l pots what are thoughts on that size?

Ph water between 6-7 everytime and obviously water more as plant grows bigger.

How much or how often from cutting stage to early veg should i water roughly. Iv seen people say when feels light or top inch or so is dry water again.

Hopefully this will be my first succsefull grow and will pull of some dank organic nugs.

Just looking for any general knowledge or guidance/tips from anyone who grows organically.

Not starting till 22nd Feb so got time to grab stuff that's needed and prep ready for this.

Thanks to anybody that takes time to reply appreciate it
Organic DWC? Link: Is Organic DWC Possible?

Latest posts

Top Bottom