Starting new led setup, input appreciated!!

• Thread starter BrightLights53
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BrightLights53

Ok, so i am planning on starting a new led set up. this will be my first time running them and i am looking for anyones input on what i should use and how to get the best yeild. i will have a 4.5' X 4.5' area. i was thinking about getting an aurora 600w light. anyone ever heard of this model or used them? the stats are as follows, any input is greatly appreciated.

Power consumption: 600W
LED quantity: 288pcs *3w LED diode (3watt super-power LED)
Size: 44 x 28 x 6 cm
Input Voltage: 110/220v
LED view angle: 90°
Wavelength: Red (660nm) +Red(630nm)+ Blue (465-470nm)+Blue(430nm)+Orange(615nm)+Warm white
Full color spectrum for all phase of plants growth
Equal to 1000-1500w HPS/MH grow light
RoHS, CE certificate
Lifespan: 50,000hrs -80,000hrs
Comes equipped with 8- built-in cooling fans.
Noise-proofproof , vibration proof.
3 years warranty

L

ledweed

You could do better with more wavelengths and angles. Price and are the diodes made in USA or Canada? If not i wouldn't trust it

B

BrightLights53

pretty sure they are made in USA, brand is Aurora. 1100 asking price but could prolly get down to 900-1000. i was told that it technically can have 12 wavelengths and they are customizable. what angle should i be looking, one over 90?

P

pandor

I did a lot of research on LEDs before I bought mine. I read as many LED grow logs as I could find. I have never heard of or seen anyone using that brand. I would go with a trusted brand, preferably made in the USA.

T

testez

aurora diodes or fixtures? Do you have a link to a site or specs on the fixture in question?

lbezphil2005

lbezphil2005

go with this guy, best warranty, support, etc., irishboy uses them and he grows 2 liter buds, won bud of the month at 420mag and plant too, - best on the market, period.

The only reason I don't recommend black dog led is because they are made in china. otherwise he has the best on the market hands down, with 3w/5w combination lights. I bought the bd700, 662 watts of 3w led 90 degree lenses, 15 spectrums with uv/ir - works fantastic, nice big buds and lots of frost on EVERYTHING - I can grow crapweed and it still comes out frosty.

BTW, I researched for over 2 years before making the commitment to buy one of these. I am still researching and I still say these are the best on the market, just the black dog is made in china! thaats it

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

If I remember correctly Irish wasn't having as much luck with the higher Watt panels and went back to some 180w panels from them.

I would wait a few more weeks before making a purchase though because I know is releasing some new models in October. I have been using the Original Magnum 357(180w) and had great results on my first grow and am now about a week into flowering my second grow which is a SCROG.

I am strongly considering picking up one of the new models when they drop and use it in a flower only tent and use my old Magnum 357 as my Veg tent and my little Fluro box for germination and cuttings so that I will have a 3 stage setup. I will be posting that grow to so we can see how the new model holds up.

T

tommymac

I was also wondering about the Aurora l.e.d., been doing a lot of surfing and have not found much of anything.

S

scoobydoo69

Ok, so i am planning on starting a new led set up. this will be my first time running them and i am looking for anyones input on what i should use and how to get the best yeild. i will have a 4.5' X 4.5' area. i was thinking about getting an aurora 600w light. anyone ever heard of this model or used them? the stats are as follows, any input is greatly appreciated.

Power consumption: 600W
LED quantity: 288pcs *3w LED diode (3watt super-power LED)
Size: 44 x 28 x 6 cm
Input Voltage: 110/220v
LED view angle: 90°
Wavelength: Red (660nm) +Red(630nm)+ Blue (465-470nm)+Blue(430nm)+Orange(615nm)+Warm white
Full color spectrum for all phase of plants growth
Equal to 1000-1500w HPS/MH grow light
RoHS, CE certificate
Lifespan: 50,000hrs -80,000hrs
Comes equipped with 8- built-in cooling fans.
Noise-proofproof , vibration proof.
3 years warranty

i have been doing research into leds for a while and one thing i have learnt is don't trust any company that says their 600w led light will replace a 1500w light. this is just marketing. from what i've read a 600w led will cover about the same grow space as a 600w hid and you might get a slightly better yield or grow better quality bud if you have a good light and use it correctly. i've been researching for months and in my opinion about 90% of companies just flat out lie to you to try and get your cash. all i'm really trying to say is be careful and do as much research as possible before shelling out big bucks on an led grow light. search any grow forum you can find to see if the light you want actually works and also be careful of fake grow journals set up by the companies selling the lights. there are also people who work for one led company putting up bad reviews about other companies products. this is just my opinion and you don't have listen to me if you don't want. i'm pretty sure i'll buy a magnum light but i've only made this decision because i have read over 2 dozen grow journals on different sites that seem pretty legit. saying that my mind is still not made up yet. as they say don't believe everything you see on the internet.

R

repoman

Or you go to alibaba and buy the exact same lights for half the price as from the "american" companys

Top Bottom