Starting Outside (but Indoors) And Moving Into A Grow Box For Flowering

• Thread starter Parisdude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Parisdude

Hello all,

I got a practical question to which I can't seem to find an answer for in the forums ... maybe 'cause its completely inane and everyone already knows the answer.

I'm starting up my second grow - Red Diesel from Barney's Farm, maybe a Vanilla Kush alongside. For practical reasons mainly I would like to start them outside the box, under LEDs to insure 18h+ of light for the veg stage, moving them into the grow box for flowering once they pre-flower. I just get a feeling that I could shape the plants and control and evaluate veg growth better than in that damn 1 sq. meter box I have...

Has anyone done anything similar? In veg, smell is not really an issue, it seems to me. Besides, I have plenty of other flowers covering. Pests are not an issue either, I run a rather clean indoor garden.

Would moving into a box stress the girls? Would the radical change in environment be detrimental?

I know that people move from veg boxes to flowering boxes. But from outside to in?

Cheers!
/P.

str8smokn

str8smokn

your talking just outside of cabinet but same room? What size LEDs for veg and what size light for flower? Also make sure you do not out grow your cabinet before they go in. Other then that you should not have any problems that I could see.
Do you have anything else in flower mode right now, that these will go in with?
STR8

P

Parisdude

Yes, same room. Outside I was thinking about reinforcing/prolonging daylight with a 135W LED panel of this make that normally takes good care of a 60*60 cm grow box. The plan is that they would go in the box with two or maybe even three of these modules.

Are you saying that calibrating the lights between outside/inside box could be an issue?

str8smokn

str8smokn

No issues, only if maybe going from a weak LED to say a 600 wt HPS. Then you might have to gradually introduce to HPS,but if LED to LED then no problem.
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

So what's keeping the cabinet from getting 18hrs of light?
STR8

Top Bottom