Starting Over At 60

• Thread starter cdat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cdat

I posted some questions over in the Oregon sub-forum about the local water in Portland, got some good advice, so am starting my 1st grow in roughly 35 years. Like many of the "older" generation I tried growing weed in the early 70s, late 60s, mostly paper cups, transplanted into coffee cans, trying to grow in a closet with week "grow lights". Well, things have changed a bit since I was a youngster. I now live in Portland, am medically retired from the Army, 100% disabled vet, actually for the most part loving life. This well be a diary of this grow.
Using a grow tent, 36" X 20" by 60" high, currently using an 18 gallon tub as my grow tank, attempting to use DWC for my 1st grow. I transplanted two seedling into rockwool, than into the 6" net pot. Smashed the seed pod on one with the tweezers, probably isn't going to make it, on seems to be doing fairly well. I well keep updated as I go. Currently --
Using two small cfls about 15" from the seedling, I have two G8 240s that will arrive tomorrow, along with a 90 watt red grow lamp.
Temp is running 66 - 70*, with humidity staying in the 50 - 57% range, will be adding small fan in a couple of days, hope to get the humidity lower. Feel free to comment or offer advice, having spent a fair amount of time on other types of forums, I know people get passionate about their opinions, please dont' take offense if I choose not to use one of your suggestions , I do have a plan, may not work, but will see what happens.
Thanks
CDAT
Starting over at 60

J

jinxjj

Thanks for your service and good luck man. I just started my first grow a couple weeks ago!

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

hello brother......usmc retired.......great to see you doing your thing man! Great place to start doing it too imho. If I can help you in anyway please don't hesitate to ask me! Great to have you here at the farm!

DismalDude

DismalDude

Welcome to the farm @cdat,look forward to seeing what you get going.Just about any and all information you'd possibly need can be found around here.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Welcome to the farm. Best of luck.

pugliese63

pugliese63

Right on! Glad to see you here. You'll love it.

Much luck on your grow.

C

cdat

Bit of an update, one of the original seedlings died, think I squeezed it a bit hard when I transplanted. Replaced with another, both seem to be doing well. Have one LED 240 watt light on 16 hours a day, at 19" away from seedlings.
Re: lights for seedlings, is 240 watt enough for a couple of seedlings at this point, I can run the 2nd 240 watt led light also but am a bit concerned about overheating the seedlings, any thoughts?
thanks
John

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Good luck cdat. Go easy on them hugs next time lol. Grabbing a seat for your show brother .. Best DP

Top Bottom