Starting over, Cold night time temps?

• Thread starter The Humanure
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Humanure

The Humanure

Starting over, tiny LED grow.
8pm lights on until 8am?
That way the temps are warm at night when its 30f?

Basic question
Were in veg right now so the estimated times are a little different but its my goal.
Sorry basic!

jdog22

jdog22

i had the same idea as you but fighting my daylight against my tents night seemed too hard, light seeps through the zipper and the other thing is you want colder nights for the plants than their days.

i have mine set from 7:00am - 7:15pm
day temp perf = 25C
night temp perf = 22C (debatable)
this is assuming your in veg.

flowering you want the temps to drops a few degrees along side humidity :)

3cats

3cats

Starting over, tiny LED grow.
8pm lights on until 8am?
That way the temps are warm at night when its 30f?

Basic question
Were in veg right now so the estimated times are a little different but its my goal.
Sorry basic!
I like lights on when I'm working on my plants. I'm at 8pm off 2 am on I only add heat with lights on to increase my growing temp to 77-78f. At night my home drops to 66-68f and my plants are fine. In fact cooler nights in flower brings out the colors in the plants. I have the whole day to work on them and enjoy the lights and tropical environment on cold winter days.

jdog22

jdog22

I like lights on when I'm working on my plants. I'm at 8pm off 2 am on I only add heat with lights on to increase my growing temp to 77-78f. At night my home drops to 66-68f and my plants are fine. In fact cooler nights in flower brings out the colors in the plants. I have the whole day to work on them and enjoy the lights and tropical environment on cold winter days.
yessir lowering them temps increases anthocyanin levels :D i have a purple strain im dying to see it finish!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

In veg your lights need to be on at least 15 hours, 8 or 9 off. At 12 on 12 off they will begin flowering on you.
A little cool during there night will not harm them.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
I have a basement grow happening... I have a tent and a truck bed... I run 1 light 24 hour veg and other is now in 12 and 12 flowering.... this is my "nighttime" the light is actually a little exagerrated due to camera AI....

My basement gets cold especially at night in winter... best advice for cold area is to run 12 hour light cycle at night.... me having 2 sites at least 1 of my lights is on 12 hours and other 24 hour... sometimes both are 24 hour... and I'll stagger my 2-12 hour lights of flowering at same time...also, if running an exhaust... don't forget you can always shut that off during lights out....

Also with my neighbors lightleaks.... I still got 2lbs off 4 plants... did not affect my harvest at all....

So anyone worried about a little light leak... take into consideration the wattage and distance from your plants.... I understand some will rebuttle this but again I have no control on getting my neighbors to shut their basement lights... they have stayed on for 2 years and counting.... my harvests have not been affected...

20230930 195924
20230930 195914
Top Bottom