starting to foxtail, should i chop

• Thread starter imgrowing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

imgrowing

coming up to 9 weeks on wedding cake autos and still seeing to much clear and very few amber.
i'm pretty sure these are starting to foxtail and wondering if i should chop now.
lights have never been over 800 ppfd and are now down to around 500, temps are constant 26c ish.
shitty pictures i know but i can't ever seem to get good shots
Starting to foxtail should i chop 2

Starting to foxtail should i chop
Starting to foxtail should i chop 3
Starting to foxtail should i chop 4
Starting to foxtail should i chop 5
BB22

BB22

I’m a new grower.

Wait for others to give advice.

I think you’re a few weeks out based on the look of the whole plant. Lots of green leaves still supplying nutrients. ✌️

I

imgrowing

I realize their a week or 2 away but I was wondering if I should chop before the foxtailing gets bad.
I read that it can reduce potency or stall trikes from maturing.
I've also read it's not an issue.
So I came here for advice

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Fox tailing on an auto isn't going to hurt it at all, they finish way quicker than a photo. Don't cut it until you have at least 1/3 of those trichomes Amber colored... Looking great!

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

I realize their a week or 2 away but I was wondering if I should chop before the foxtailing gets bad.
I read that it can reduce potency or stall trikes from maturing.
I've also read it's not an issue.
So I came here for advice
Honestly I really don't think you are a week or two out.... If the picture is from when you originally posted it I would say that you are within a week. Trichomes can go from clear to Amber in a couple days. And I already see some Amber in there so I would be looking at it close the next couple days... Don't rush it though because I promise you that the foxtailing will not hurt your plant at all, it doesn't have enough time to do any sort of damage. Even if it were to hermie out it's still wouldn't even produce a seed in the little time it has left

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

84 days is the absolute longest an auto should go for. By that time, all the trichomes are the color of a turn signal. My double grape finished at exactly 70 days.

IMG 20240218 104816192
IMG 20240218 104851894
IMG 20240218 105423232
Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

I think the worst thing about foxtails is they make it a pain in the ass to trim
I had some on my giant buds, they came about the last week of Bloom. I'm sure you remember those football size buds I had. Talk about a pain in the f****** ass to trim, OMG. I ended up trimming all of the small buds off the big ones because they were way too big to dry out lol

Top Bottom