• Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
cdc9d416b3a219802be65a04ac4620cc
e47c8284458d59efa9af81e0bb1df412

A state appeals court affirmed the legality of medical marijuana dispensaries under California law and rejected bans imposed by municipalities.
A three-justice panel of the 2nd District Court of Appeal held July 2 that Los Angeles County's ban on medical marijuana is "preempted" by state law. The decision reverses a preliminary injunction granted to the county by Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Ann Jones in May 2011.
"Los Angeles County's total, per se nuisance ban against medical marijuana dispensaries directly contradicts the legislature's intent," Justice Robert Mallano wrote in the 19-page unanimous decision.
The city of Walnut has a ban on medical marijuana dispensaries. Earlier this year, the city fought to shut down Natural California Medicine, a dispensary that was located in the 20000 block of Valley Boulevard.
Natural California Medicine filed a complaint, but a Los Angeles County Superior Court dismissed it, forcing the storefront to close.
Los Angeles County sued the Alternative Medicinal Cannabis Collective in March 2011, which eventually led to this latest ruling. Principal Deputy County Counsel Sari Steel could not be immediately reached.
"The court of appeal could not have been clearer in expressing that medical marijuana dispensaries are legal under state law, and that municipalities have no right to ban them," said Joe Elford, Chief Counsel with Americans for Safe Access, a medical marijuana advocacy group. "This landmark decision should have a considerable impact on how the California Supreme Court rules in the various dispensary cases it's currently reviewing."
On July 24th, the city of Los Angeles is scheduled to vote on a dispensary ban similar to the one enacted by the County, but just rejected by the court of appeal.
"The (appellate court) decision puts a giant wrench into the plans of City Attorney Trutanich to persuade the City Council to enact a ban," said Elford.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

HAHAHA!!! Screw you Turnasnitch!! That fool has had it, I don't know why he's in office. All he does is waste taxpayer dollars trying to force his lame agenda. You are not the last word Trutanich! Medical Cannabis is legal in California and you cannot shut it all down cause you hate stoners!! :p Gotta love LA...
Does this mean every city that currently has a ban in California is now forced to deal with dispensaries and collectives and cannot shut them down? Seems like a yes to me.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
HAHAHA!!! Screw you Turnasnitch!! That fool has had it, I don't know why he's in office. All he does is waste taxpayer dollars trying to force his lame agenda. You are not the last word Trutanich! Medical Cannabis is legal in California and you cannot shut it all down cause you hate stoners!! :p Gotta love LA...
Does this mean every city that currently has a ban in California is now forced to deal with dispensaries and collectives and cannot shut them down? Seems like a yes to me.

Seems like that is going to be the case, I have found some other articles on this ruling, I will try to post them......;)

ttystikk

ttystikk

Now that California has come to its senses, I wonder how long it will take the rest of the states... like Colorado, for instance?

sky high

sky high

The laws are different in Cali/CO. Amendment 20 never addresssed the dispensaries and they were NOT a part of the plan originally here. However, once they sprung up and forced regulation and change upon everyone...1284 gave specific legal right for the munis/towns/counties to opt out and say no. In Cali...it seems more like "we don't want you here" than any sort of right to ban/prohibit via legal avenue. Maybe I'm not (OK, I'm not) seeing the entire pic?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

In cali it is up to each individual city whether or not they allow dispensaries,in my area they are banned yet many continue to operate.I beleive that the cities are violating the intent of the state law by banning them and thats not what people had in mind,the same goes for the ban on outdoor growing its total bullshit and just a way for them to skirt a law they dont like.I hope long beach takes note of this ruling and changes their tune about closing avalon after all the hard work GOD has put into it.The times they are a changin...

The Gooch

The Gooch

Lol! That poor bastard had to go back as a fucking loser. That makes me feel so good inside. I'm going to blow a fatty for his pain.......

The Gooch

The Gooch

Now that California has come to its senses, I wonder how long it will take the rest of the states... like Colorado, for instance?
Here in my city they have a moratorium on depots until August. My partner sat down with the city manager and he was like, let's make some money, but it still has to be voted on. He said It looks as though it will be lifted, but is not sure. I am lucky enough to be real good friends with a older gentleman who owns 7 storefronts, and is willing and ready to move forward. If any are interested, The whole building is for sale too! 40 apartments above, and 7 storefronts below on one of the main shopping streets. Our town lies in the middle of state right of the main freeway. It will be the a crucial location for patients in my state. I hope my city votes proper! I feel ya ttystikk!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Here in my city they have a moratorium on depots until August. My partner sat down with the city manager and he was like, let's make some money, but it still has to be voted on. He said It looks as though it will be lifted, but is not sure. I am lucky enough to be real good friends with a older gentleman who owns 7 storefronts, and is willing and ready to move forward. If any are interested, The whole building is for sale too! 40 apartments above, and 7 storefronts below on one of the main shopping streets. Our town lies in the middle of state right of the main freeway. It will be the a crucial location for patients in my state. I hope my city votes proper! I feel ya ttystikk!

which state?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Best of luck- even in places like Washington state, there are plenty of people who are more than happy to tell you how to run your life... seems to be a partiularly nasty disease of Americans.

Top Bottom