Stealth 10" intake

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I have a window in my room that opens from side to side that I wanted to turn into a 10" intake for my two rows of 8" air cooled fixtures. I want to make it look like regular curtains or something not out of the ordinary from the outside even though the window which has dark screens will always look open if looked hard enough at. Inside the curtains or whatever ill be insulating and drywalling over it. Any ideas? Where are my mcgyvers at haha?

shawnskush

shawnskush

build a box around the entire window and vent off the back of that it'll just look like curtains in the window you can even add a dim light on a random timer in the box to make it look like a room in regular use.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
build a box around the entire window and vent off the back of that it'll just look like curtains in the window you can even add a dim light on a random timer in the box to make it look like a room in regular use.

oh, that's sweet.

i once mounted the housing of an old window swamp cooler as a disguise.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Small window fan blowing out with your ducting attached behind with blinds lowered. Simple really.

Hydrone

Hydrone

that’s bad if you can see it from the outside, better safe than sorry. I also build a box around the window, it’s kinda a bitch to access the window once it’s on though . . . make sure you water proof the wood to prevent mold, it’s any easy place to over look imho

squiggly

squiggly

This is exactly what I do and it works like a charm.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Thanks for all the idea guys, ill keep them in mind in the future. I ended up going another route instead of venting my lights i added another 18k btu ac and will just leave the bulbs bare. Again thanks everyone

Hydrone

Hydrone

Thanks for all the idea guys, ill keep them in mind in the future. I ended up going another route instead of venting my lights i added another 18k btu ac and will just leave the bulbs bare. Again thanks everyone
I definitely got some ideas from this thread too, i <3 bare bulbs

Top Bottom