Stealth Box Walls

• Thread starter clembomber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

clembomber

im making a stealth box that is approximately 52cm, 46cm, 60cm. i have two xbox 360 stock fans for input and out put connected to a power control board. Later i will install a separate compartment for the control of the input and output ventilation with filtering of smell and pollutants. so there are my specifics im just asking for any advice or techniques that can help me out, also i have 2 21 watt fluorescent lights providing around 1000 lumens for 3 plants. the problem i have as for the walls of my stealth box cardboard wrapped in foil(for ventilation) and a second layer of inverted wrapping paper(for reflectivity) is this wise? and please provide any tips or advice you have for me.

S

Steve Zissou

hey bud, my first indoor grow was built inside of a wal-mart cabinet. i always advise building a "stealth" cab a bit bigger than u need to allow for airflow and deter the rise in temps. If u have a closet i can help u build whatever u want feel free to shoot me a pm

if you can, make it completely sealed, and put a 90º black pvc elbow aiming down at the floor, and put your fans exhausting, the pressure will force air in through the bottom and out the top (provided it is appropriately sealed) and i would not trust cardboard near anything electrical. go on craigslist and get an old computer case and thatll work good also. maybe go purchase a metal file cabinet and get a good hole punching bit. i did construction for a few years after hurricane katrina so i consider myself a combination of tim the tool man taylor, mcguyver, and johnny appleseed. covertly build and stealthfully grow.

C

clembomber

hey thanks for the reply but i already finished up my stealth box and i chose cardboard because of its price which is free and i did line it with tin foil but im not really worrying about the electrical risk of fire since i have a surge protector and my dad is a competent electrician and inspected it. also my ventilation is quite advance with a temp sensor controlling the fan which regulates the temperature at a even 18-21C. fans are case fans from two xbox 360s. the light set up is two 30 watt floros with 3700K(sunshine lams, 850 lumens) thanks for the advice do u have any other suggestions after hearing my setup cause its kinda too late to go back since i already built it and i need specifications for it to fit it under my desk so cardboard was the easiest material to use. also i was wondering if i can contact u later when my plant flowers because i was wondering if u could recognize the strain? or can u not do that cause that kinda sounds really ridiculously crazy like a strain sniffer, is there such a thing?

Snapshot 20090611 3
buffbuds

buffbuds

As slingblade would say

MMMMmmmmmhmmm

Well.... I mean..... aside from going with the WORST possible materials for your cabinet after asking for advice...... you're not gonna get far... sorry....... growing is expensive. you'll need more light to get more than a gram.

Top Bottom