Stem Crushing

• Thread starter Louie9663
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Louie9663

Has anyone heard of stem crushing to produce bigger buds on stems ?
Does anyone know how this is done ?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

how does supercropping produce more colas? only FIMming and TOPping will do this. supercropping just levels out the canopy and allows the plant to concentrate on filling in the lower more and stunts vertical growth for a bit on that area.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

From what I understand "Stem Crushing" is a bit different from "Super cropping". When you supercrop you bend things over after you have crushed the stem.

Both are supposed to trigger a repair response which is supposed to help out in yields.

germinator

germinator

I believe Kyle kushman has a YouTube video on snapping the stems to enhance bud development.

L

Louie9663

From what I understand "Stem Crushing" is a bit different from "Super cropping". When you supercrop you bend things over after you have crushed the stem.

Both are supposed to trigger a repair response which is supposed to help out in yields.

During a recent grow one of the plants got knocked over but didn't look damaged . At harvest time I discovered two crushed stems on the plant . The stems were crushed nearly flat in places . What I found to be unusual was the usually small popcorn buds were bigger and denser ?? and instead of just two buds in some places there were four rather large popcorn buds . So I thought I would come here to find out if people do this and how they do it . You can always find useful information here from some really great farmers . So It seems like an interesting subject to pursue .

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I have never grown non topped plants before so I can't give any insight on that aspect.
What I do is after being topped or Fimmed, I wait for the new growth on top to start with the first Leaf set.
Go about 4 nodes down and slightly pinch and bend the stem until is bent a little bit below horizontal.
I do this about a week before I put the into flower.
What I notice is the bottom area above where I removed the larf section and below the main tops will fill in.
I get more tops by doing this. Pinching and bending over the main stalks will force the lowers to grow and even out the canopy.
Now they are even going into flower having a even canopy.
Which leads to more equal sized colas and hardly any larf, if any at all.
For me it does cause a bigger yield by topping/fimming and having a even canopy. Definitely more of a yield in my garden compared to just using a net.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

When you super crop you bend the branch extremely above a node, the two sprouts on the node then grow out and become colas as if topped at the place it was bent and the top that is bent over still grows like a cola but grows downwards eventually trying to go back towards the light. Correct me if I am wrong. Never done it.

feline eyes

feline eyes

It surprises me that harming the plant could produce more yield. Thats contrary to the way biology works isn't it?

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Supercropped
20151112 120522
20151112 120547

It forms a knuckle where you pinch and bend the stem.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

It surprises me that harming the plant could produce more yield. Thats contrary to the way biology works isn't it?
Supercropping...or stem crushing does harm the plant. BUT....the plant goes into repair mode and produces "auxins' which stimulate bud development. I chimed in on here earlier, and couldn't remember what it was that the plant produced, but it came back to me. :-)

Top Bottom