Stem rot cure and treatment?

• Thread starter pcduck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pcduck

Howdy folks.
I was wondering if anyone know what causes stem rot and what is the preventive/cure for this? Thanks

S

SkyHi

Letting the water sit in the medium to long not enough drainage,

Treatment/prevention: Allow adequate drainage. i herd hydrogen poroxide can breakdown old roots and help oxiginate the root system and clear it up if its not to bad.

P

pcduck

Thanks SkyHi, I only have this stem rot on a few of my plants.
I have them sitting in rockwool with a rapid rooter plug.
I hand water them every other day. Humidity around 52% and temps in the 77 to 82 range.

B

boxmunch9

you really shouldnt have stem rot with those conditions. I had stem rot from a constant feed, recirculating hyrdo system when the res temps went to like 80degrees . the solution is perioxide and water them less. the plants are forever fucked thou, they will most likely finish but they wont be your favorite plants of the harvest. once its inside the stem it pretty much stays

P

pcduck

I believe I have found the culprit to my stem rot.
All of the ones that got the stem rot was in the last row and not getting the proper amount of air circulation. The lack of air circulation caused the rapid rooters to remain way to moist causing the stem rot. At least this is what I hope caused it because I know how to fix this problem.

B

been

I've heard good things about colloidal silver, but H2O2 is cheap.

Top Bottom