Stem Swollen And Twisted?

• Thread starter Greenshark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greenshark

Cut a long story short, 7 days ago I potted my clones in to 1.3 litre plastic pots ( once rooted they will then go in to their 22 litre home for 2-3 weeks before flipping )

I was extremely tired when doing this and accidentally put 12ml per litre of feed ( coupled with a hefty sprinkling of mykos and a decent amount of katana ) over the following few days it pretty much nuked them. As soon as I realised I flushed with a very very low dose of vitalink plant start ( what I used before but obviously not 12ml per litre! )

The growth was obviously very slow and it took a while for them to pop up so to speak. All the new shoots are coming through a much nicer green, still slightly burned tips but no where near as bad.

The thing I'm confused about is the fact that on some of the plants the stems seem to have swelled up so to speak. They're extremely fat for the size of the plant and have what look like ridges in them. Only on some plants. Anyone have any idea what this is and is it worth just chucking the dodgy ones? To the normal person it would look like a bloody thick stem but it just doesnt seem right. On one plant it even fluctuates from thick to thin? Anyway, here are the pics, I know the plants aren't in the best condition but I'm hoping it's just from the nute burn. Any advice, help or anything would be much appreciated!

I have added a few pics of the ok plants and some of the bad ones.

* growing in 100 percent coco. Currently 2 600w hps about 4 feet away. Humidity is 50 percent, temp is between 27-28c. Only managed to sort stable temp the last two days.

Stem swollen and twisted
Stem swollen and twisted 2
Stem swollen and twisted 3
Stem swollen and twisted 4
Stem swollen and twisted 5
Stem swollen and twisted 6
Stem swollen and twisted 7
Stem swollen and twisted 8
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Keep em... Your plants dont have aids...itll be ok and lay off the nutes a bit bud.

G

Greenshark

Any reason why the stems are what can only be described at elephant man syndrome? I was hoping it wasn't stem rot as I had to flush them and I know new cuttings don't like saturated coco in the first two weeks. I was just worried it might hinder the future yield of the plants as some are pretty thick at the bottom and swelled up.

Thanks for the reply mate!

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Probaly a disease. Phyton27 will wipe it out.:cool:

G

Greenshark

Oh no.... I don't like the sound of a disease..... so frustrating when I have no idea what it is or what will sort it! Any way I can tell if it has a disease and if it's gets sorted, will it effect the final yield?

G

Greenshark

Thanks for all your help. It just confused me as not all the plants are like it. Some have completely normal stems and some have ballooned out. Again, thanks for the help.

G

Greenshark

My strawberries n cream does this nearly every time I take cuttings.
It is very odd isn't it! The plants that it's happened too don't have not where near as much it a root mass as the others. Did it effect the final yield on yours? ( the ones with elephantitis )
It just seemed to happen from no where. One stem almost fell over completely when it happened and is still in its bent over position but is getting sturdy and I suppose it will help out massively with the low stress training lol!

G

Greenshark

It is very odd isn't it! The plants that it's happened too don't have not where near as much it a root mass as the others. Did it effect the final yield on yours? ( the ones with elephantitis )
It just seemed to happen from no where. One stem almost fell over completely when it happened and is still in its bent over position but is getting sturdy and I suppose it will help out massively with the low stress training lol!

Excuse the spelling, bloody phone!

G

Greenshark

All the roots look healthy. Some rooted a lot more than others. These are two of the good ones. 8 days since potting the clones.

IMG 1541
IMG 1542
Top Bottom