• Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stenchtown rock

my set up will be as follows

*4x4 sunhut
*600w lumatek ballast
*cool sun 6' hood
*not sure about ventilation, will probably go with 6' intake to cool the hood and 6' fan w/ carbon scrubber blowing out clean air and a oscilating fan for tent circulation
*medium will be subcool's super soil

well i am new here and the only way to get to know you is to let you know what i am doing......so here it goes.......i have two grows under my belt.....one poorly planned indoor grow that i learned alot from and a successful outdoor grow.......haven't really done anything in about ten years.......i stumbled upon this sight when i got the itch a few months ago......since then i have read, and read and read.........i popped a seed of some bagseed that i have to see if it is any good, and it germed so i figured i would throw about 20 in a paper towel and see what happens.......i will be running out this weekend or next to get all my gear rounded up.......pictures will follow once they pop out of the "ground"

any and all feedback is welcomed.....i have thick skin so don't worry about hurting my feelings

:rollj:

S

stenchtown rock

i had soaked 9 beans on tues in some water.....put them in paper towel wed and checked today and 8 of nine have cracked......i will get them in some soil by sun.....i put another 12 in a paper towel that is kept dark and damp

the stock i am picking from is from bagseed i have collected over the past four or so years......i know for sure there is some mendocino madness, white widow and possibly some sage.......about half of the seeds are from local herb and the other half is from norcal.......should get some real gems.....impressive germ rate on bag seed so far.......can't complain about 8 for 9......it's exciting seeing that tap root poke it's head out

S

stenchtown rock

checked again today while i was getting paper towel wet.......out of the total 21 beans that i got wet 16 of them popped.....not too bad imho

gonna get the germed seeds in topsoil by end of the day today

M

Malachi

if you dont want to use a seperate exhaust for ventilation you can always run your scrubber through your lights, but the way you are talking about setting up is the best for controling your climate and humidity and is very good in early veg for keeping your humidity up

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sound like your off to a great start stenchtown rock! It will be nice to see the super soil in action... :cool I'm assuming you start the seedlings in something much less hot than the super soil?

S

stenchtown rock

Sound like your off to a great start stenchtown rock! It will be nice to see the super soil in action... :cool I'm assuming you start the seedlings in something much less hot than the super soil?

yeah i started them in some organic store bought topsoil......it's real clean and bug free...will transplant once they pop out of the ground and show about four nodes......i should have lightened the soil up a bit with perlite but it's all i had on hand...will mix up super soil this next weekend so it can cook for a few weeks

edit: as i said i put germed seeds in soil.....i put a total of 17 out of 21 seeds in.....pretty good germ rate for bag seed, some of which is over a year old but has been kept well.....should be some vigorous stuff

S

stenchtown rock

thanks malachi and shady for stopping by and dishing out some good karma

so i soaked roughly another 15 or so seeds on saturday......put them in paper towel yesterday and the taps are starting to show.....will prob throw them in some soil tomorrow

there are five total sprouts that are showing after being potted for a little over a day.....not too bad once again for bagseed that was germed less than a week ago

i think i will be vegging in solo cups for two weeks then move them into final containers which will either be five or seven gallons......i think i can fit roughly 7-9 7 gallon containers or 9-11 5 gallon containers.......i am leaning 7 gallon containers.

i am also thinking about not going with super soil and doing half ffof cut with some light warrior....prob do humboldt flavorful, myco madness, grow and bloom possibly along with some cal/mag.....any suggestions are more than welcome

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

sounds like your on a good roll. wheres the pictures!!! You said something about putting them in the sun after they sprouted, why not just put them about 3 to 4 feet under your 600hps?

S

stenchtown rock

sounds like your on a good roll. wheres the pictures!!! You said something about putting them in the sun after they sprouted, why not just put them about 3 to 4 feet under your 600hps?

thanks for stoppin' by lord dankenstein

yeah they will be under the hps.....i will get some pictures up in a day or so once most of the first set of sprouts have popped......i think i will be putting another 10 or so taproots in soil tomorrw....that will bring me up to 26....i am thinking roughly 25-30 to choose from and with sexing and culling the weak plants that should give me a good selection to get to my flower number which i think will be nine 7 gallon containers

S

stenchtown rock

thought i would toss up a picture of the first sprout that came out to play

100 1797
S

stenchtown rock

update:

i soaked a total of about 36 seeds within the last week......i have put 24 taproots in soil and 14 are above ground......i still have about another 4 or so that will get put in soil within the next day or so.......my goal was to have 30 sprouts to choose from to get to my ideal number of nine.....i should hit that after i cull males and runts

S

stenchtown rock

i am about through the germination and sprout process......looks like out of 36 seeds i tried to germ i am going to get 28 seedlings......the ones that are above ground look like they are getting their second set of leaves.....there is a variety of sativa and indica dom pheno's......i have #'d all of their containers in order to keep track of them......i will probably take about 5 cuttings from each female just in case i find something that i want to keep.....they look super healthy and their stems are starting to beef up from the fan......i have lightly watered once as the topsoil i have them in actually drains very well and it seems they really like it......after all they were meant to be grown in good black dirt.....the fun is about to begin.......i will take some pictures this afternoon when i plant the last four sprouts

S

stenchtown rock

well, over the weekend i ran acrossed some cheap 3 qt containers that have a rez dish attached to the bottom.....they were on clearance at lowe's so i picked up 20.......saved 40 bucks as they were only 73 cents a piece

i put 20 seedlings in these in a mix i made that was about 1/8 perlite and a mixture of some other goodies...had them in solo cups and their roots were to the bottom of the cup and starting to branch out.....and they have only been above ground a week.....was worried about moving them that soon but they are growing again already

they are starting to get their second set of fan leaves and i will probably flip the lights this weekend or next to sex them and then probably reveg as i will probably transplant the ladies into again five gallon containers....i think i am going to just put them into the same mix that i made to veg in....maybe with some bone meal for bloom.....will probably feed them humboldt myco madness and natural grow this weekend

S

stenchtown rock

well it's been a few days since i updated this journal so i thought today was a good time to do it.......my budget for this grow took a turn and i haven't gotten the tent or light yet.....getting the light tomorrow...right now they are under a t5 fixture with two bulbs.....there are four or five that are showing very odd growth.....they are from some older seeds i had, so they may be tossed soon.....everything else is definitely doing well.....they are in a mix of composted manure, peat, top soil and perlite.....they are hand watered about a cup or two of water every two days and drink it up....they have an oscilating fan on them, i switch the speed up every so often....there are a few that are showing great growth and look to be indica dom which i prefer, i like fat leaves....here are a few pictures of two of my fav's

100 1845
100 1846
100 1848
S

stenchtown rock

either this dank as og i am smokin' has me talkin' to myself(has a super lemonhead flavor and reaks of lemon pledge) or i am really talkin' to myself.....

anyway.....things are still kinda boring.....i have started topping the second set of leaves as they start to come up.....have done this to a handful up til today.....probably 6 i would say.....a couple of them have started growing a double trunk and most have started showing secondary branches at the first node.....i am about to punch 4 holes in each pot and get ready to start tying a bitch down....if i had to judge by speed and vigor of growth i would guess i have anywhere from 6-8 females out of 36 seeds germed.....i am lookin' for two to three keepers out of the bunch so i think i should be good there.....i do see some similarities.....if i had to guess looks like i have around 5-6 different types and mulitples of some.....that is the cool thing about unmarked bagseed, you don't know what you are going to get!!!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Looking good brah! Those seedlings are in pristine condition... I love to see leaves that happy... :happy

jakesebastin

jakesebastin

Very good information here regarding the first grow. Generally in the first grow it is lees possibility to get the grow right and as expected but here you have got good amount of success.

Top Bottom