Step By Step Tech - Pvc Top Drip System

• Thread starter joonie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
hey that guy stole my step by step tech and posted it on his website. :) Kush time!!

here is the "live" thcfarmer version

to respond to your question

depends on your medium (coco, rockwool etc) and size of container. or you going with exact same setup?

Example:
I do have that setup under a 1000w, I like to do a feed, water, water.

you got to try it out and see. Everyone's setup is different.

Share a little but more information about your medium and pot size?

joonie

joonie

Plan on using the exact same setup. In coco in 2 gallon pots. Im trying to design a similar manifold for 8-12 pots. I have a separate veg room also.

Glad to see the original author is still around to answer questions. Thanks you for creating the tutorial and thanks for replying. How much were you yielding per 1000w table? What strains?

Ill be growing allot of 11 week sativa dominate kushes. They veg tall and lanky, so ill be doing my first LST run in this setup.

My setup will be fairly large so im trying to calculate how much nutrient water will be used per table. I was originally planning to feed 3 times for 3 min. Any advice would be appreciated.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Plan on using the exact same setup. In coco in 2 gallon pots. Im trying to design a similar manifold for 8-12 pots. I have a separate veg room also.
Check out the other thread I posted for new manifold. Does 8, 12 or 24 pots.

Glad to see the original author is still around to answer questions. Thanks you for creating the tutorial and thanks for replying. How much were you yielding per 1000w table? What strains?

You are Welcome. Yield as low as 1.5lb per light and up to 2.3 lb per light.

example of 2grows w same strain: 2.3lb with 8 plants per light in 7 gallon containers. (dry weight) 1.95 with 16 plants per light.

pics from start to finish of first grow with this setup.
http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f30/leads-coco-grow-2-a-23086/

I have run a few different strains. Chemdog #4, the White, p98 bubba, bubba crosses, grape ape. Most effective running same strain entire room.

Ill be growing allot of 11 week sativa dominate kushes. They veg tall and lanky, so ill be doing my first LST run in this setup.

My setup will be fairly large so im trying to calculate how much nutrient water will be used per table. I was originally planning to feed 3 times for 3 min. Any advice would be appreciated.

The other factor is the size of your pump. If I fed for 3 minutes I would be wasting alot of nutes.

I have 2 60 gallon reservoirs. You can get away with one 60 and keep topping it off.

Also you using straight coco or coco/perlite?

Get perfect pot, fill it with coco. If I pour 1 gallon into the perfect pot it is saturated. Now if I water it agaib before it is dry then it takes about 1/2 gallon to get good runoff. I would time the pump so you are putting 1/2 gallon through each pot.

So lets say I got 16 perfect pots. That is 8 gallons. Put 8 gallons in a res and pump it through the perfect pots without any plants in them. Time how long it takes for the 8 gallon to get pumped through the pots.

Also have empty container to catch the runoff. Measure the runoff. 1.6 gallons is 20% runoff. .8 gallons is 10% runoff. (for 16 pots and 8 gallons of nutrient) Good to make sure there is sufficient runoff for coco.

There is roughly your feeding time. Can double or triple that time for flushing water.

If you notice more than 20% runoff then reduce your feeding amount.

So if I use 8 gallon for each tray. Multiply 8 times how many lights and you have the amount of water for one feeding.

Example:
for 4k and 4 trays I need 24 gallons. for 4feedings I would do 6 gallon 4 times per days.

If I feed this way every day 164 gallons would last 7 days.

I have found 2-60 gallon res to be good for 4k. A 60 gallon res with my r/o will refill in 24 hours. SO make sure to plan accordingly. (r.o speed and res size are a factor)

Sativa dominate kush?

Hope that helps, let me know if you got any more questions.

Top Bottom