Step up now, or stfu later...

• Thread starter JeromeGarcia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

I'd much rather see (and support) efforts to put MJ to Class 3. I think Skyhigh covered it best.

Sorry Jerome, I don't like Fat Cats as I am all for Mom and Pop shops and the little guys. All your efforts will only kill the price of weed. Not cool, IMO.

Or better yet, why not lobby against the bogus DUI-MJ bullcrap.

After saying that, I will now STFU. :)

muir

muir

I'd much rather see (and support) efforts to put MJ to Class 3. I think Skyhigh covered it best.

Sorry Jerome, I don't like Fat Cats as I am all for Mom and Pop shops and the little guys. All your efforts will only kill the price of weed. Not cool, IMO.

Or better yet, why not lobby against the bogus DUI-MJ bullcrap.

After saying that, I will now STFU. :)

viva the mom and pop shops

sky high

sky high

Let's not forget that the big corps WERE once 'mom and pop' shops. Funny how folks want the little guy to succeed and then, when he does, he becomes the "enemy".

If you want this to stay/support 'mom and pop' you wouldn't support a fuckin shred of any of it that has to do with retail.

Mom and pop live at home, not in a business.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
In the end consumers care about 2 things:

LOW prices and GOOD ENOUGH quality. This is why Walmart exists and continues to thrive. Mom and Pop don't matter when you can pay less for a product somewhere else. This is because humans are inherently selfish creatures.

I see the weed industry being very much like the alcohol industry, with cheap mass produced stuff and expensive how do you do stuff. I can go to the Bev Mo (not mom and pop) and I can buy a 6 pack of buttwiper for a few bucks, or I can spend a few grand on a bottle of cognac.

That is to say IF (A really big IF) the feds don't clamp down on it. I believe they will happily wait and let assets build up so they can come in and seize all that beautiful CO and Wa land in one foul swoop. Then, they will turn around and auction it to support their own payroll.

I agree that weed should in no way be a schedule I. that is plain sillyness. The fact that marijuana is classified as dangerous with no medicinal properties... over meth, coke, oxy and opium.. is straight up RETARDED>

K

kolah

SH, I guess we strongly differ on definitions.

In all due respect, I define "mom and pops shops" as legitimate small businesses...they owned one shop and made a "decent" living (i.e Uncle Joes Hardware). Think back to to the old days before large corporate takeovers came around like WalMart, Home Depot, etc. which eventually shut down the mom and pop shops.

Mom and pop living at home and running a "business?" (esp with MJ) sounds more to me like "underground" in my books. Big diff, SH.

It's all about greed. Take greed out of the equation and every mom and pop could enjoy a good life.
GREED, that's the bottom line.

Maybe Hitler was right and we should all drive VW's. ;)

K

kolah

and BTW I do not think "lobbying" is where it's at. (see Wiki definition, if needed)

It should be the sole vote of the people and not under-the-table payoffs and high-end hooker dates to persuade a bunch of corrupted clowns in suitcoats who are pretending to represent the people. Fuck lobbying...it's just a sugar-coated Orwellian wording for Mafiaso payoffs.

"Political activism" is a bullshit term. Our so called political system is terribly corrupted and broken at all levels. It needs to be tore down and REAL change must come from the grassroot level.
Political activism ! what a joke.

Cort

Cort

Start off with this, I am not in Colorado but....

Until local and state governments tell the feds to stuff it and stop handing over records I will remain in the black/grey areas.

sky high

sky high

If we were still in the age of "mom and pop"...that would be a great little idealistic dream, kolah.

However...we aren't...especially when it comes to a high-dollar/big-profit gig like "marijuana". Do you >really< think that any of this will STAY mom and pop...even if it starts out that way? How can MJ be any different than hardware...or grocery...or any number of other historically "mom and pop" shops who eventually couldn't compete and got swallowed by the corporate giants? "Cognac" is a great example. (Thanks for the lead-in, Cap!) There are 200 "mom amd pop" cognac distillers in that area, but 4 of those producers make and sell 90% of the Cognac distributed >worldwide<.

Yeah...I am supporting "the underground". I see no way to stop this from going CORPORATE but to stop it from going topside. MY idea of "grass" roots, kolah. Same as it ever was....same as it ever was....same as it ever was.

M

mr duder

What's your idea of mom and pops? 10 lights,20 light, 30 lights, 100 lights, 500 lights? And I do agree with your assessment of the cognac analogy. And as long as it's federally illegal I really can't see anyone person getting to big.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Fed - federation

If you look at it right, if we say its legal fuck what the federation says, they ain't shit without the people conglomerating it.

turbo14

turbo14

I think "Mom and Pop" are gonna keep sittin' on the hill smiling in their overalls for at least for a few more years. :) At least this farmer is.

There will always be macro brews and micro brews.

If you have a quality product, it speaks for itself.

Much love.

turbo

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

YES, in a for profit model, pounds will definitely drop below $2k wholesale. Sooner or later, that's the only question left.
pretty good quality lb's are already at or just under 2k in my neck of the woods. most people can't get more that 2400 forAAA quality. IMHO 1.5k is not that far away.

dirk d

dirk d

I'm not for legalization at all. Just de-crimininalization. don't want your taxes or regulations or rules. leave everything as it is now. And those huge warehouses in CO got to be shut down :)

ttystikk

ttystikk

pretty good quality lb's are already at or just under 2k in my neck of the woods. most people can't get more that 2400 forAAA quality. IMHO 1.5k is not that far away.

You took all the suspense out of my post! Okay, so here's another scary number scenario; $1000 lbs, and sub $100 ozs at retail. Who can support that pricing and keep their lights on?!

I reuse my chowmix substrate instead of constantly buying rockwool slabs, to save money. I run RDWC and Jacks to save money. This is why I run a water chiller; it saves money over buying and then running both ac and dehuey units against each other!. I've investigated the use of light rotators and other technologies to improve efficiency. I'm currently building and testing a special system to better utilize indoor lighting- or to put it another way, increasing grams per watt and saving money.

The trend is crystal clear; We need to get cost competitive, or find another line of work.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm not for legalization at all. Just de-crimininalization. don't want your taxes or regulations or rules. leave everything as it is now. And those huge warehouses in CO got to be shut down :)

Straight wishful thinking, although I appreciate the sentiment! Our current legal/social/economic situation is dynamically unstable; it cannot continue to exist as it is, too many forces are in play for any kind of calcification to occur.

The best we can hope, or better yet strive for, is to level the playing field so that the little guy can help his friends and sell his extras and the big guy CANNOT vertically integrate, and thus monopolize the market. I think this is a more realistic possibility and to my mind solves at least part of the problem.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Good herb will never hit 100/oz.

I saw a half of cookies go here in Colorado for 200 yesterday.

People will always hang around and get good weed. I myself am a perfect example.

Stop hanging around dudes on welfare. 100/oz if its outdoor or smokes like dirt.

Eve rh dispensary still sells oz for 300, and people buy em.

Its like selling a new car for a discount, by discounting it youve already agreed its not worth what you're asking.

Mom and pops that haven't given up on life are more than thriving right now.

If they're growin tga bullshit though 100 all day.

If love to see someone try and haggle me haha. I'll tear him apart ricky style.

"Did you not see the sign lahey?? 12$ a gram, FIRMS"

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

Good herb will never hit 100/oz.

I saw a half of cookies go here in Colorado for 200 yesterday.

People will always hang around and get good weed. I myself am a perfect example.

Stop hanging around dudes on welfare. 100/oz if its outdoor or smokes like dirt.

Eve rh dispensary still sells oz for 300, and people buy em.

Its like selling a new car for a discount, by discounting it youve already agreed its not worth what you're asking.

Mom and pops that haven't given up on life are more than thriving right now.

If they're growin tga bullshit though 100 all day.

If love to see someone try and haggle me haha. I'll tear him apart ricky style.

"Did you not see the sign lahey?? 12$ a gram, FIRMS"
I always like a good Ricky quote. About 10 years ago everyone I knew said they wouldn't go below 3500 an lb and those same guys are now begging for 2200. The best stuff is still fetching a little more than that but my area is awash with weed and everywhere it gets med clearance will be in the same boat in the next few years. True legalization will eventually get actual farmers involved and they will be thrilled to get a tenth the price it's going for now. There are hothouses full of tomatoes that could be replanted tomorrow if they got the go ahead. Not sayin it's gonna happen soon just sayin. And that shitty mall dope has got to go!!!

Top Bottom