Steppin in to say hi.

• Thread starter MrSasquachh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrSasquachh

MrSasquachh

Morning all,
Not much to say about myself that's relevant. Suppose I could say I started growing in 1974 when I lived in Hawaii. Then after moving back to Califartnia I moved to Humboldt County about 26 miles from Garberville (shout out to all the "Hill People") where I grew a bit. Then up to Oregon, then back to Southern Cal., blah blah blah.
Anyway I'm stuck here in Calif. trying to make a go of growing indoors which I've never done till last year. Needless to say, even after 6 indoor crops I'm learning crap and constantly evolving my grow rooms for one reason or another. Kinda why I'm here rambling, I am trying to find out if "Northern Lights Blue" is pest resistant. I know usually healthy plants won't bring on pests and all but does the strain specify any resistance to critters? I started, my bad, I'll post this question in the correct forum. As for now I just wanted to say hey.
Here's a couple pics of my current grow rooms:
Room 1: Northern Lights Blue.
Steppin in to say hi
Steppin in to say hi 2

Room 2: Grape Ape.
Steppin in to say hi 3

Steppin in to say hi 4
Steppin in to say hi 5

Yea the NLB are sad and I'm just getting the GA started so...
Anyway just wanted to give myself an intoduction. Been lurkin for some time so thought I'd jump out from the shadows.
BooYaa!!

soserthc1

soserthc1

welcome my you have been on a trip to all the medical states ..... them rooms look awesome - I would focus on eliminating pest as you obviously jumped right in with multiple set ups of dwc ..... but sorry no experience with NLB.... peace soser

Papa

Papa

Supporter
welcome to the farm MrSasquachh!

that's some wild piping on those buckets! what do you have going on there? i'm familiar with recirculating systems . . . which this does not seem to be. in fact, it seems like the chiller's flow is short-circuited also? please, fill us in!

MrSasquachh

MrSasquachh

Thank you guys.
The system's an Ebb n Flow. Originally it had 1/2" lines which I replaced with 3/4" lines but the roots grew so large (by the 5th week of each run) the roots went into and blocked the lines. So, I added a riser in each bucket (increasing the root growing area by a third) and replaced the 3/4" lines with 1-1/2" PVC to prevent any future blocking.
I've only been growing indoors a bit over a year so I'm constantly looking for improvements and have to say I'm not sure what a "Chiller's flow" is. I have chillers in the resevoirs but don't think that's what you mean.
In any case thanks guys for your comments.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
cool MrS, that explains the plumbing. i misinterpreted the chiller lines that were difficult for me to make out in the pic. i'd love to see more of your work!

Latest posts

Top Bottom