Sterile or beneficials in te UC

• Thread starter sqydro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sqydro

Hey folks first thread here been lurking for a while and have just built my first diy UC system, ive been reading alot of the diarys and nute threads in this section, im wondering what you UC growers use in your system and why? I am considering using the dutch masters nutes with zone and silica, i have all the nutes there for canna so might go canna and run h202 but have no experience using this, grew DWC last few grows with good success and am now steppibg it up a level, any help/info greatly appreciated, thanks!

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I been messing around using bennies and sterile and I cant see any difference in the finished plants so either way you go you should be good

S

sqydro

I been messing around using bennies and sterile and I cant see any difference in the finished plants so either way you go you should be good

Thanks BG been reading your work, very nice stuff mate, what would you suggest is best for my self, i grow fpr personal, will be in a tent 2.4m x 2.4m with 2 aircooled 600w and a 4 site UC, was planning on a 4 week veg topping once or 2ce along the way!

Any info much appreciated!

M

Max Powers

I would use Zone for at least your first run, one less thing to worry about while you're getting used to the system. it'll provide a little extra security while you get your room/water temps and all that dialed in. Plus, a little side benefit is it makes your system a lot easier to clean. scrubbing brown gunk from the inside of 2" pvc is not super fun

S

sqydro

I would use Zone for at least your first run, one less thing to worry about while you're getting used to the system. it'll provide a little extra security while you get your room/water temps and all that dialed in. Plus, a little side benefit is it makes your system a lot easier to clean. scrubbing brown gunk from the inside of 2" pvc is not super fun

Thanks MP mate, im going to bite the bullet and run it, just not decided if i will run it with DM gold range or the canna range i already have!

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

DM Gold is super stable very easy to grow with try that with the zone and nothing else the entire run and you should be very happy with the results

S

sqydro

Yeah thanks BG, il maybe throw up a log of it on here, so all u experts can put ur .2 cents in, think il run the silica as well they have as i hear it doesnt affect oh at all :)

ttystikk

ttystikk

Get In the Zone

DM Zone is Good Shit. I think beneficial bacteria in a UC style system is a tech that hasn't really matured yet. Get your feet wet with sterile, God knows there will be plenty of other things to keep you busy for the first few runs.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I second that
I run both the roots look the same and there is no weight difference as far as I can tell. Using zone takes a lot less effort IMO

S

sqydro

Thanks to all the helpfull replys! Just waiting on my uniseals being delivered and il throw some pics up! Thanks again, sqydro

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

DM Gold is super stable very easy to grow with try that with the zone and nothing else the entire run and you should be very happy with the results

I second that on the DM Gold, my first run was with Canna and I was having PH issues, could very well have been me, than decided to move to DM and have had great results, Ph is rock solid all the way through the grow, this will be my 4 and 5 run with DM and I see no reason to change. I like it simple, less to go wrong.

S

sqydro

I second that on the DM Gold, my first run was with Canna and I was having PH issues, could very well have been me, than decided to move to DM and have had great results, Ph is rock solid all the way through the grow, this will be my 4 and 5 run with DM and I see no reason to change. I like it simple, less to go wrong.

yeah i hear you on that, im running canna aqua range and making ewc tea with great white and some other stuff! after much deliberation this is my choice, might throw up my grow here but its miniscule in comparison to the beasts on here lol prob get laughed at!

F

farmseeker

Woodsmaneh, what ppm and Ph level are you running with DM?

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
I personally prefer Aquasheild....all the protective enzymatic action without the ph fluctuation. Nutrient solution temperatures are the biggest concern with these systems.
Zone is not effective against every type of pathogen/slime/harmful bacteria or fungus.
IMO a living solution is the best bet...just keep it simple.

Best of luck,
FJ

Latest posts

Top Bottom