Sterile Yeti Bx2 male

• Thread starter zeke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zeke

zeke

I have a yeti bx2 male that I suspect is sterile. It was loaded down with really tiny flowers some open some not. I cut the top off and threw it in a labeled paper bag. Went to use it down the road and after slipping a few branches in the bag and not noticing any pollen flying about I became suspicious. Upon closer inspection I noticed all of the stamen were bright green like if you open a flower before it is mature. I scanned the whole top. Not one yellow pollen covered stamen in the bag. The flowers internal look reminds me of the weird staminate growth that occurs on intersexed Thai females. They too usually do not possess viable pollen, just little bright green stamen. Weird. The plant is still growing minus the top. I'll get the top out of the fridge and scope it. See what's up. Kinda interesting. Dead end genetic expression for sure. So any way, I went back to my male patch and grabbed the yeti f3 male #1 and got the job done. I figure it's close enough. Anyone else noticing any cool mutants.

tweedy

tweedy

I have a yeti bx2 male that I suspect is sterile. It was loaded down with really tiny flowers some open some not. I cut the top off and threw it in a labeled paper bag. Went to use it down the road and after slipping a few branches in the bag and not noticing any pollen flying about I became suspicious. Upon closer inspection I noticed all of the stamen were bright green like if you open a flower before it is mature. I scanned the whole top. Not one yellow pollen covered stamen in the bag. The flowers internal look reminds me of the weird staminate growth that occurs on intersexed Thai females. They too usually do not possess viable pollen, just little bright green stamen. Weird. The plant is still growing minus the top. I'll get the top out of the fridge and scope it. See what's up. Kinda interesting. Dead end genetic expression for sure. So any way, I went back to my male patch and grabbed the yeti f3 male #1 and got the job done. I figure it's close enough. Anyone else noticing any cool mutants.
Loompa was saying he had an impossible time getting the UD to reverse, find it interesting it's sterility potentially passed on to its kiddos.

zeke

zeke

No free lunch, I suppose. I only had three bx2 survivors out of a pack after my retarded chimp failed to water my seedlings. Two females and one sterile male. Extremely bad luck for me because I had over twenty clones I wanted to pollenate with the bx2. Yeti f3 was throwing ropes and will have to do. As they say in Thailand "same same but different"

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

i would not count him out yet
he may just be 12 year old male that needs to age to 14 years or so to get the job done
had it happen a few times in the past

fwiw

Top Bottom