Stick matches did this!!

• Thread starter Migrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Migrower

Migrower

This is the result of using strike on box stick matches for PM (fungus gnats) I used about 7-10 per 3g container. Maybe I used too many. This was a highly suggested tool to use along with other PM methods I use. Any suggestions or comments?

Stick matches did this
Stick matches did this 2
Stick matches did this 3
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
You want something like microsulf aka wettable sulfur. Sulfur will not dissolve or suspend in water most of the time. End up sitting on the leaves and burning your -plants when the lights come on.

Migrower

Migrower

You want something like microsulf aka wettable sulfur. Sulfur will not dissolve or suspend in water most of the time. End up sitting on the leaves and burning your -plants when the lights come on.
This wasn't sprayed on the leaves tho. Placed into the soil.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Well that wont do to much for PM unless you are spraying the plant with sulfur. Who knows what else was in them or the concentration of sulfur that added on top of what was in the medium or what you were feeding them.

Migrower

Migrower

Well that wont do to much for PM unless you are spraying the plant with sulfur. Who knows what else was in them or the concentration of sulfur that added on top of what was in the medium or what you were feeding them.
I looked at what all was in them on the website. Nothing that would harm my girls. I must have overdone it using too many matches per container. And my only issue is fungus gnats and not a huge one. Just wanna nip it before it gets bigger. I got other methods I'm implementing also.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Sulfur won't really do anything for fungus gnats, you'll need something to treat the larvae in the soil and kill the flyers. I'm a fan of Safer's End-All.

Top Bottom