Still don't know about LED

• Thread starter karolanne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
karolanne

karolanne

Hello,

Yep, that question AGAIN!

Since few weeks, I keep reading reviews about what is the best LED (posts here, reviews on the web...) and I still don't know which one to buy. Every time I think I found the right one, I end up with few new reviews that damn the light.

For my cuts, I have a Mars Hydro Epistar 160 at about 24 inches and it works fine.

So, if anyone want to share their experience with new lights on the market at a lower cost (I saw some that seem awesome but are 2000$ and more), I would appreciate.

Thanks!

BlackRuss

BlackRuss

Hello, only talking on experience here...

As I've said on other posts, I run an iL8x. The set up is in a 4x4 tent and I have little time with it, but its working amazing.
Right now it goes for 899 on amazon, pretty nice deal as it is a 670W light with really high specs

Have had no problems with it so far, and the results have far surpassed my expectations lol. Mind that, before this light I ran with a blurple 150W light 😅

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

I've been running viparspectra xs2000 in a 3x3, I know its "undersized" for the space if you go by 30w per sq.ft. however the girls holler at me everytime I try to crank it up past 75% this go round. I believe rocking it at 100% during my first grow may have actually decreased my yield, but I thought I had to because it was "undersized" for the space

NewbieTed

NewbieTed

I'm doing a bathtub grow and using three HLG100Rspec along with my first lights, a 50 watt blurple light with arms that I'm aiming towards the lower buds in front.

I was using two of the lights, but it felt like they needed more, hence the third light. Even though my plants are supposedly done growing, they picked up after I put in the 3rd light last week. The attached foto shows the three HLG 100 lights and the 50w blurple on front.

Yes, my plants are tiny. I harassed the heck out of them, it's my first grow. Lots of buds, many will be popcorn, but I buy that from the local dispensary, so it won't be anything new...

IMG 20210610 165153513
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I'm doing a bathtub grow and using three HLG100Rspec along with my first lights, a 50 watt blurple light with arms that I'm aiming towards the lower buds in front.

I was using two of the lights, but it felt like they needed more, hence the third light. Even though my plants are supposedly done growing, they picked up after I put in the 3rd light last week. The attached foto shows the three HLG 100 lights and the 50w blurple on front.

Yes, my plants are tiny. I harassed the heck out of them, it's my first grow. Lots of buds, many will be popcorn, but I buy that from the local dispensary, so it won't be anything new...
That’s an awesome bathtub setup!!😆 hey man don’t worry about smaller plants some people go for that. I’m on my first grow and I purposely wanted smaller plants but next grow I’m gonna do bigger plants but less of them. My plants are prolly a foot and half tall?
C9B8778C 75AA 40DC A4C6 645D120978CA

SecretGardener

SecretGardener

Hello,

Yep, that question AGAIN!

Since few weeks, I keep reading reviews about what is the best LED (posts here, reviews on the web...) and I still don't know which one to buy. Every time I think I found the right one, I end up with few new reviews that damn the light.

For my cuts, I have a Mars Hydro Epistar 160 at about 24 inches and it works fine.

So, if anyone want to share their experience with new lights on the market at a lower cost (I saw some that seem awesome but are 2000$ and more), I would appreciate.

Thanks!

Since you have had good experience with Mars Hydro why not stick with them? I have 9 of their lights and never a failure. 4 old blue-purple ones I have retired, 4 TS series and 2 FC series.

I run 2 x FC 3000 lights in a custom 3' X 5' grow room. I run them at 80% as to not exceed 80,000 LUX. I say the yield exceeds what I was getting with 2 x 400w MH bulbs in the same room. Mainly due to the better coverage in the corners of the room. I think they are "pro" design at consumer prices. I love them! Don't miss the heat issue with HID bulbs at all.

P3160030

I also have 2 x TS 600 in a tent (pictured below). Which I upgraded to a single TSL 2000. IMO theses "board" style LEDs do not put out the light of a FC 3000 multi light bar style light and will not produce the same yield.

P3180001

That's my 2 cents... 40+ years indoor experience for personal use only. non-pro, so what do I know compare to lots of true experts on this site.

lokeysmokey

lokeysmokey

HLG are doing a 600R for $699 at the moment. I'm in the UK but I think that's good value compared to some of the offerings you guys put up. I switched to a 650R recently, not cropped yet but I don't think I'll be going back to Hps.

Top Bottom