Still getting light burn on tips even at low lighting.

• Thread starter Pazman21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pazman21

Pazman21

Hey guys,

so growth has been really good, but as my autos get taller they are receiving a little bit of light burn at the top tips of the canopy. I even have a light meter, which is sitting at about 6000 Lux at the moment. From my research for veg 15,000 - 50,000 is optimal so I'm sitting on the very low side at 6k. I even raised my light to the highest possible position. Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, guys.

Still getting light burn on tips even at low lighting
GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Plants look great - I do not see signs of light stress.

Your humidity looks to be a bit on the low side. Coupled with the heat of summer results in those very pronounced inter-veins and slight twist on the newer leaves.

A little environmental adjustment will go a long ways - other than that you are doing a fantastic job keeping those girls happy!

30roll

30roll

Leaves canoe, wrinkle, edges serrate with to much light.. I would max that light out asap..
Keep it watered.. I don't subscribe to letting the pot dry out completely.. It depends on the temperature and light intensity.. You have to dial it in

Pazman21

Pazman21

Plants look great - I do not see signs of light stress.

Your humidity looks to be a bit on the low side. Coupled with the heat of summer results in those very pronounced inter-veins and slight twist on the newer leaves.

A little environmental adjustment will go a long ways - other than that you are doing a fantastic job keeping those girls happy!
Hey man, thanks a lot for the feedback, and will do. Thanks for the tips. :)

Pazman21

Pazman21

Leaves canoe, wrinkle, edges serrate with to much light.. I would max that light out asap..
Keep it watered.. I don't subscribe to letting the pot dry out completely.. It depends on the temperature and light intensity.. You have to dial it in
I have a dimmer on my light, currently, I have the light as high as it will go in the tent. Would you recommend dimming?

Pazman21

Pazman21

How many true watts is the light??
2000W LED for a 2x4 i know over kill. but I have a dimmer and a light meter. so I'm trying the recommended amount with the meter but still having signs of burn on the tips.

30roll

30roll

Your light pulls 16.5 amps from the wall???
No what is the rating printed on the driver??

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

2000W LED for a 2x4 i know over kill. but I have a dimmer and a light meter. so I'm trying the recommended amount with the meter but still having signs of burn on the tips.
Once again, 6000 lux will not stress a cannabis plant that is more than a couple weeks from seed. Your plants are not exhibiting light stress. The slight issues you see are in direct correlation with high temps/low humidity. Your plant is minimally affected and you should be focusing on nudging your environment, not your lights.

growsince79

growsince79

Lux meter doesn't really work with blurple light. In fact its pretty worthless. 20k would probably fry them. Apples and oranges.

Pazman21

Pazman21

Once again, 6000 lux will not stress a cannabis plant that is more than a couple weeks from seed. Your plants are not exhibiting light stress. The slight issues you see are in direct correlation with high temps/low humidity. Your plant is minimally affected and you should be focusing on nudging your environment, not your lights.
I try to keep my humidity anywhere between 60 to 70%, and temps stay low 20s. here is another picture of the burned tips. so it may not be humidity.
20210813 223117

20210813 223152
30roll

30roll

Burnt tips usually means more fertilizer than it could handle for whatever reason..
I've been watering with the same food for many weeks, but then I pulled a bunch of leaves and all of the sudden the plants couldn't handle the food because there were less leaves to process and breathe.. Lesson learned. Burnt tips as a result..

It's not bad at all and the plant will snap back. Just be aware..

growsince79

growsince79

well fuck lol wish I knew that before buying it. what would you suggest?
Tape measure -trial and error. Blurple lights are all different. 2' might be a place to start. Read manufacturers recomendations.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

I try to keep my humidity anywhere between 60 to 70%, and temps stay low 20s. here is another picture of the burned tips. so it may not be humidity. View attachment 1157081
Your humidistat shows some pretty extreme night/day swings. Adjust your environment. The burn at the tips of your leaves says a tad too much fertilizer. Some would say that level of burn is perfect as you are just barely pushing the plant out of its comfort zone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom