• Tagged users None
PossumDuke86

PossumDuke86

I haven't been at it long any advice pointers or criticism would be appreciated
Still learning 2

Still learning
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Welcome to the Farm! If you share more information about your grow, you'll get better feedback. I'm quite the amateur. The only feedback I can offer from your photo is the plant looks like it is stretching up, which can indicate it is not getting enough light. Can you post details about your lights, feeding, etc? I believe I've read that 3-point leaves are an indicator of poor health, but not certain on that one.

2Bad

2Bad

Welcome to the Farm! If you share more information about your grow, you'll get better feedback. I'm quite the amateur. The only feedback I can offer from your photo is the plant looks like it is stretching up, which can indicate it is not getting enough light. Can you post details about your lights, feeding, etc? I believe I've read that 3-point leaves are an indicator of poor health, but not certain on that one.
100% agree with everything nate said

PossumDuke86

PossumDuke86

I appreciate that. And actually that was some old soil and I was using expert gardener 24-8-16 all-purpose plant food it a bear minimum of the recommended amount. Just before I started adding any fertilizer the bottom leaves started yellowing and dying off and over several weeks it will gradually come up more and more until it finally killed it probably a month and a half later. I had three of them growing and all three did the same way I got to wondering if it could have been some type of fungus issue with in the soil. I want to continue to try to grow with soil some but I do have around 20 seeds coming in the mail I've got a arrow garden I was going to start them in and I would really like to do a DWC set up with most of them and grow some in soil as well.

PossumDuke86

PossumDuke86

Here are some pics of the leaves when they start yellowing .

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I appreciate that. And actually that was some old soil and I was using expert gardener 24-8-16 all-purpose plant food it a bear minimum of the recommended amount. Just before I started adding any fertilizer the bottom leaves started yellowing and dying off and over several weeks it will gradually come up more and more until it finally killed it probably a month and a half later. I had three of them growing and all three did the same way I got to wondering if it could have been some type of fungus issue with in the soil. I want to continue to try to grow with soil some but I do have around 20 seeds coming in the mail I've got a arrow garden I was going to start them in and I would really like to do a DWC set up with most of them and grow some in soil as well.
Welcome to the Farm. I am really happy that you used the bare minimum of food added to the soil. Those charts are terrible.
What kind of grow do you have? Hydro or Organic?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Cool. we have some expert Hydro growers here if you have any questions, and if you can help others, pay it forward!

PossumDuke86

PossumDuke86

Cool. we have some expert Hydro growers here if you have any questions, and if you can help others, pay it forward!
Yes awesome most certainly. I'm going to be growing several Auto flowers you have any suggestions on nutrients for the hydro grow with them?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
@PossumDuke86 I'd use something simple and salty, something like botanicare Kind trio, dyna-gro foliage pro and bloom to supplement, Masterblend is a good one, Jack's 1-2-3 is a great choice also.
I'd also recommend using a silicate, protekt or something similar, and Id highly recommend adding 3ml of 29% H2O2 per gallon of nutrient solution to the reservoir, once every 3 days if your res sits for a while.

Keep your ppm on the low side for autos. 1.2ec or so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom