Still powdery mildew, help please again

• Thread starter SycknTyred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SycknTyred

SycknTyred

So everyone keeps busting out the milk and water mix answer or some crazy long answer I dont understand, can someone simplify it down in how to get rid of PM. I'm super stressed about it, thanks anyways

Ponky

Ponky

Well. There are hard-core systemic poisons you can give the plant. Can't buy them in a lot of places. There is Sulphur. Either burner or spray. There is copper based spray. Sometimes if you remove all the damaged leaves and improve the conditions that caused the PM the spots might go away. Use a UV flashlight to find it all.
First if remove basically all the leaves. All the lower foliage. Defolaite the whole plant. Then shine a UV light on it with the lights off. See if any of the buds have it. Remove those. And then spray with 3 in 1 spray. Which is Sulphur based. And then check daily with the UV flashlight.
It has unfortunately also been my experience that if even a bit of PM was present the weed is undesirable. Even if the only visible sign is a slight brown ring around the base of the stems on the cured bud. Even if you don't see it 99% of the time it has a taste. Most of the time the bag just smells bad. It's still fine for extract.
After PM has hit your grow space and before you reset you want to do a thorough disinfecting of the area. The filters. Everything. There are several methods. Some more thorough than others.
Find the source of the outbreak: weak genetics, air flow, the air space around the grounds, dirty fans and filters. The space itself might need attention.

ggrow1

ggrow1

I sometimes use milk outdoors in veg growth only. I don't use milk during flower in the fear that the milk will get into the bud and will make some cheese. Not a pleasant smell or flavour when smoking. Milk is also great for your melons, cucumbers, zucchinis etc...

Outside of veg I hit the plants with Potassium Bicarbonate. Mix 7 grams potassium bicarbonate with 2 L of water in a pump sprayer and drench the entire plant. This will kill the PM and prevent new PM from forming. You can buy Potassium Bicarbonate on amazon or at a local wine / beer making store. My local grow shop sells it in bulk. About $20 a kilo.

The potassium bicarbonate is considered organic and doesn't seem to hurt the leaves or flowers. This year I applied late in flower on the advice of my grow shop. PM has been bad this season! Best of luck!

SycknTyred

SycknTyred

It's an outdoor grow and thank you guys for replying so fast. It's also in flower
20210909 152743
20210909 153409
20210821 200844

Ponky

Ponky

You're in a pickle for sure. You gotta get those leaves cleaned off. Or plucked off. PM outdoors is almost an impossible hill to climb.

Ponky

Ponky

One thing for next season is to burn the ground before you plant on it. Burn some leaves and sticks or whatever. Put your outdoor inside the burned off area.

RR1

RR1

So everyone keeps busting out the milk and water mix answer or some crazy long answer I dont understand, can someone simplify it down in how to get rid of PM. I'm super stressed about it, thanks anyways
One of the most important facts about mold/mildew hasn't even been mentioned. It is the contributing factor for mildew. It's long and complicated, but here goes. If your grow room is too cold at night, raise the temps to 68f or better. Mold and mildew like cooler temps. Also, some strains are more susceptable PM. Also noticed full sativas seem the worst. Makes sense, being equatorial strains.
Give it a try. Can't hurt.
Get ahold of me if it works for you.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I did spray with the milk/water solution also so the super white parts are most likely that but yeah I got dat PM son 😢
Milk prob a great alternative before we had organic and non organic effective treatments.

But imo it makes no sense to use something from the stone age these days with a massive amount of highly effective products today.

To me this equates to ppl using vinegar or lemon juice as ph down in hydro.... just absurd.

Rant over and sorry didn't mean to offend anyone if I did.

SycknTyred

SycknTyred

Milk prob a great alternative before we had organic and non organic effective treatments.

But imo it makes no sense to use something from the stone age these days with a massive amount of highly effective products today.

To me this equates to ppl using vinegar or lemon juice as ph down in hydro.... just absurd.

Rant over and sorry didn't mean to offend anyone if I did.
Yeah I ain't messing with milk no more I need cereal in the morning. I ordered some 3 in 1 fungicide for plants off amazon

Top Bottom