Still Shot Of A Sublimation Unit And Pure Thc

• Thread starter EugeneOregon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

This is a cryogenic sublimation apparatuse being used to further refine extract towards purities approaching absolute. The measured pressue by Pirani style sensor in the system at this moment of the picture was recorded at ¾ of one micron. Temperture at the boiling puddle is approximately 140C. As a reference standard room pressure are approximately 760,000 microns. Zero microns is a theoretical perfect vacuum.

Effectively there is zero pressure within the unit during this shot. The bubbles formed because the unit was already harvested of a few grams and I do not wipe the finger clean. The little pockets of air in the residual THC left on the finger are pulled into small bubbles. Then the THC condenses on the bubbles and not the cold finger. THC on the cold finger is a frozen solid and but the bubbles form cool looking liquid drops. This is highly purified Delta 9 THC. Once the unit begins refluxing off the cold finger then it is isolated from the vacuum and pulled from the unit. The pure THC is heated gently to thaw it and wipes off with a spatula.
Still shot of a sublimation unit and pure thc

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Why not move closer to me. I' sick of my curren extract guy who takes FOREVER! I have a ton of work.
Lol

Awesome work as always!

Dunge

Dunge

The bubbles formed because the unit was already harvested of a few grams and I do not wipe the finger clean. The little pockets of air in the residual THC left on the finger are pulled into small bubbles. Then the THC condenses on the bubbles and not the cold finger.
Very cool, but undesirable, right?
I suspect that air is captured while scraping product by physical capture.

Have you made any headway on stabilizing this product?

Love your work.

EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

FAA0449C BAF1 4FEA 9D4E 00EFCAEA9DE8

Here is how it turned out. I just vaped two bags. My tolerance is very high to the drug and even then fresh out of the unit it always lights me up lolz.

As far as the bubbles you are right that it indicates a problem of technique. I planned to do a third run after this one. Meaning I run the entire extract, clean the boiling flask, run it again, and so forth. The technical error I made was that in a sublimator any trace volitiles (like that horrific tasting shit that comes out when you do not dewax first) are all caught on the cold finger first. So if ultra purity is the goal, I would wipe clean the surface of the cold finger to remove all trace volitiles.

I really hate the trace stuff but when I do a third full pass I pull the cold finger at first opaque coating thickness and use acetone to clean the cold finger surface, then put it back in and begin final run if that makes sense. I grab a lot of the lower boiling stuff that way but skipping steps really impacts purity.

I tried on this run to see if I could remove everything but the refined waxes and D9 THC. Oh my God was that first run gross and if you look at the final picture even the third run is still clouded just a bit. The idea was to see if waxes would somehow impact the degredation of the THC by slowing down perhaps the oxygen or moisture? Who knows but I likely wont pursue this again because it creates other problems too.

Thanks for the kind words. Now it is on to Planetside 2 on PS4. The VS need me!

Why not move closer to me. I' sick of my curren extract guy who takes FOREVER! I have a ton of work.
Lol

Awesome work as always!

Love your work.
The bubbles indicate gas is trapped by scraping and I have washed the finger clean between runs but it doesn't really seem to impact anything so I have been skipping this.

Love your work.

Last edited:
Dan789

Dan789

Be nice to get a line diagram or something, so that most who are t so knowledgeable would know what’s going on. Though looks lethally strong.

EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

The photo above is a bit less than pure. I was experimenting. The photo below is from last months run that I incorporated better technique. Live and learn lolz but the pic below is what the really pure looks like. Can you see the cloudiness in the above photo? Pure D9 like below is never cloudy.

40042C31 F18A 4680 8257 45A4E4C1BEB5

Leew421

Leew421

I see the cloudy you talk of. Seems like a wax is in it still

RCfarmer

RCfarmer

I did a search earlier today on how to clean up thc oil and I found a video of you demonstrating just that. Too bad I don't have the chemistry knowledge of what you're doing. If you could just lay it all out for the average person to do, that would be great!

EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

I did a search earlier today on how to clean up thc oil and I found a video of you demonstrating just that. Too bad I don't have the chemistry knowledge of what you're doing. If you could just lay it all out for the average person to do, that would be great!
Youtube just removed my video demonstrating DCVC after all these months. They claimed it violated community standards. Nothing illegal going on? Looks like my videos are coming down lolz. Odd.

RCfarmer

RCfarmer

I made my first batch of oil so I can fill my own vaporizer but the quality of the oil is poor. It's thick, black, and has a nasty burnt taste. Wish I could clean it up. That's how I found your video and then looking further I found this thread. Small world. Anyway, now I know it's possible but to do but I have no idea what's going on. Looks like a lot of expensive chemistry equipment. If you can point me in a direction I'd appreciate it. I see there's other peoples videos about this. Is this also called fractioning or short path distillation?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Short path distillation, correct.

It' cheaper for me to have a guy process my trim, vs buy all the needed gear.

RCfarmer

RCfarmer

I see there's a company selling kits online and the cheapest is $7000. I need the poor mans way of doing it. The average home user not retailer way of doing it.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

There' the poor way, then the proper way. Take your pick. My Welch 1400 pump retailed for 2000.00. I scored mine on ebay for 450 shipped. 115.00 for 1gal Welch oil. 1hr to do a force oil change. Worked perfectly. I sold it 8 months ago for about 800.00. Glass can be found for -1000.00. Chillers for about 1500.00, for a QUALITY one that will bring those temps down.

Then count on fvcking up your 1st few passes. Be prepared to lose your material. Knowledge on how to run the system is 100x more important than the system.itself. good luck finding a teacher.

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Lol
Not at all

Trig or calculus is easier, and I've been out of school since 93

Top Bottom