Still white pistils, been flowering for 9 weeks !?!?

• Thread starter chrisjames47
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chrisjames47

chrisjames47

Hi people, I just want to know what’s going on with my buds I am 9 weeks into flower and some of my buds still look premature, I am growing in coco and using a 4000w bestva led with 6” fan , the only thing that I can think I’ve done wrong is sometimes I let the coco dry out abit but not much else do these buds look right to you I’ve attached some pics to this thread.
Thanks

Still white pistils been flowering for 9 weeks
Still white pistils been flowering for 9 weeks 2
Still white pistils been flowering for 9 weeks 3
Still white pistils been flowering for 9 weeks 4
Still white pistils been flowering for 9 weeks 5
Still white pistils been flowering for 9 weeks 6
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

What's the cultivar/genetics? How long its supposed to flower?

Some cultivars tend to keep throwing new pistils for a long time, even after the optimal harvest window, for example my cheese riders will do that.

There are also cultivars that will produce 100% cloudy thricomes but hardly will amber any too, even in the right harvest window.

Last edited:
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Hey, fact is, they're still flowering. I know it sucks to keep waiting......they do look like they're getting near the end, but the good news is that the buds will be bigger, heavier than you thought. If it means another week or two, so be it. Don't force it, I assume you're still at 12/12? And reducing nutrients/feeding? The leaves are all still pretty dark green. Let ot happen, be willing to give them more time and you'll be rewarded.......

Last edited:
Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Don't pay much attention to the pistols. Pay more attention to trichome developement/color. I'm not one to say when to harvest as everybody prefers harvesting at slightly different times. However, once you see 50% clear 50% milky you have entered the front end of the harvest window.myself I usually don't like to go past 50% amber 50%milky

chrisjames47

chrisjames47

Don't pay much attention to the pistols. Pay more attention to trichome developement/color. I'm not one to say when to harvest as everybody prefers harvesting at slightly different times. However, once you see 50% clear 50% milky you have entered the front end of the harvest window.myself I usually don't like to go past 50% amber 50%milky
I have a jewellers loupe so I will keep an eye on the trichomes, thanks 👍

chrisjames47

chrisjames47

Some cultivars tend to keep throwing new pistils for a long time, even after the optimal harvest window, for example my cheese riders will do that.

There are also cultivars that will produce 100% cloudy thricomes but hardly will amber any too, even in the right harvest window.
Hey, fact is, they're still flowering. I know it sucks to keep waiting......they do look like they're getting near the end, but the good news is that the buds will be bigger, heavier than you thought. If it means another week or two, so be it. Don't force it, I assume you're still at 12/12? And reducing nutrients/feeding? The leaves are all still pretty dark green. Let ot happen, be willing to give them more time and you'll be rewarded.......
Thanks for this advice, and yea I’m still on 12/12 and no I’ve fed half strength through the whole grow do you think I should start lowering the feed now, I currently feed: canna a &b half strength
cannazym half strength
Rhizo quarter strenght
Ok 9/18 half strength
Thanks again I appreciate it.

chrisjames47

chrisjames47

Thanks for this advice, and yea I’m still on 12/12 and no I’ve fed half strength through the whole grow do you think I should start lowering the feed now, I currently feed: canna a &b half strength
cannazym half strength
Rhizo quarter strenght
Ok 9/18 half strength
Sorry I meant Pk 9/18 not ok

chrisjames47

chrisjames47

It is a gelato kush, well that’s what the fella who sold me the cuttings told me anyway and he said it was a 9 week flower I think, thanks 👍

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

It is a gelato kush, well that’s what the fella who sold me the cuttings told me anyway and he said it was a 9 week flower I think, thanks 👍
you can start flushing it with ph'ed water for at least one week before harvest, it will induce senescence and finishing of the flowers, environment have a major role on how fast it will finish, but if its say 9 weeks give it at least 10, if it says 8 give it 9 as a rule of thumb :-). if you have perfect environment they will finish faster with bigger buds for sure, than its possible its a 9 week finisher.

chrisjames47

chrisjames47

you can start flushing it with ph'ed water for at least one week before harvest, it will induce senescence and finishing of the flowers, environment have a major role on how fast it will finish, but if its say 9 weeks give it at least 10, if it says 8 give it 9 as a rule of thumb :-). if you have perfect environment they will finish faster with bigger buds for sure, than its possible its a 9 week finisher.
Ok I plan on flushing for a week to 10 days anyway I will probly give it another week then flush depending on how they look, thanks for the advice 👍

A

alpha.ganjaguy

Also keep in mind, if it has been 9 weeks since 12/12 it has only been about 7 in flower, the first 1-3 weeks (depending on each plant) of 12/12 is the budding/pre-flower/stretch stage, after that you officially enter the flowering stage which often makes people feel like they are behind or farther ahead then they are

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
cannazym half strength
Rhizo quarter strenght
Ok 9/18 half strength
I would cut down more, it looks like your leaves are all still a deep dark green. I don't want to steer you wrong, but if you do have more time, if you're willing to let them go another 2wks or so, then maybe cut back a little bit at a time and see what develops. Sometimes it seems like a variety will flower in stages.......I like the word bloom.....where it flowers, pauses, flowers some more.....it can look like your pictures, where it will look like it's ready to harvest, or close, then these new white hairs and new green calyxes peek out everywhere, and it's now a mix of mature and new flowers. My attitude is, if it's going to flower more, let it. It's finished when it's finished. If that's 65 days, so be it. If it's 75 or even 80 days......so be it.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Also keep in mind, if it has been 9 weeks since 12/12 it has only been about 7 in flower, the first 1-3 weeks (depending on each plant) of 12/12 is the budding/pre-flower/stretch stage, after that you officially enter the flowering stage which often makes people feel like they are behind or farther ahead then they are
This too. You can count the day you flip to 12/12 as "Day one", but it really doesn't matter what you call it. It will do its thing and will be ready when it's ready.

Outdoors, if we do the math from when plants start flowering (mid July?), that makes Oct 15th 90 days. I know, there are so many variables, the variety, location......but indoors we always want to harvest mature, ripe buds after 55, 65 days. I don't know, maybe for some really early maturing Indicas, but for so many varieties that's too early, and day 75-80 is when the magic happens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom