Still white pistils, been flowering for 9 weeks !?!?

• Thread starter chrisjames47
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mothman

Mothman

it will look like it's ready to harvest, or close, then these new white hairs and new green calyxes peek out everywhere, and it's now a mix of mature and new flowers.
I’m dealing with that now. 3 strains in a tent, one just starting to slow down flowering with little to no amber, the other two are ready for chop but no place else to hang ‘em.

Good reason to stick to a single cultivar per grow cycle.

chrisjames47

chrisjames47

Also keep in mind, if it has been 9 weeks since 12/12 it has only been about 7 in flower, the first 1-3 weeks (depending on each plant) of 12/12 is the budding/pre-flower/stretch stage, after that you officially enter the flowering stage which often makes people feel like they are behind or farther ahead then they are
Ok thanks for this, that takes a lot of the panic away so I still have a couple of weeks to go then il keep feeding for now and keep an eye on them thanks again 👍

chrisjames47

chrisjames47

This too. You can count the day you flip to 12/12 as "Day one", but it really doesn't matter what you call it. It will do its thing and will be ready when it's ready.

Outdoors, if we do the math from when plants start flowering (mid July?), that makes Oct 15th 90 days. I know, there are so many variables, the variety, location......but indoors we always want to harvest mature, ripe buds after 55, 65 days. I don't know, maybe for some really early maturing Indicas, but for so many varieties that's too early, and day 75-80 is when the magic happens.
Yea this makes sense I suppose all strains are different arnt they
what you feeding it?
canna a&bhalf strength
Rhizo quarter strength
Cannazym half strenght
Ok 9:18 half strength
Thanks man 👍

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yea this makes sense I suppose all strains are different arnt they

canna a&bhalf strength
Rhizo quarter strength
Cannazym half strenght
Ok 9:18 half strength
Thanks man 👍
ok thanks..
i just noticed your growing in coco.. i won’t be much help to ya..

chrisjames47

chrisjames47

I am thinking about cutting the top buds off and letting the lower buds finish off, how would I flush if I do it like this? Could I flush it all first then cut the top buds and carry on feeding for lower buds? Any ideas will be appreciated, thanks

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

I am thinking about cutting the top buds off and letting the lower buds finish off, how would I flush if I do it like this? Could I flush it all first then cut the top buds and carry on feeding for lower buds? Any ideas will be appreciated, thanks
If you want to do a stage harvest I would recommend doing it backwards. The buds actually mature from the bottom up bc the way lighting is indoor(only comes from one direction) so the lower buds get less light so the finish faster. I would harvest the lowers and let the uppers finish if that's your thing

chrisjames47

chrisjames47

If you want to do a stage harvest I would recommend doing it backwards. The buds actually mature from the bottom up bc the way lighting is indoor(only comes from one direction) so the lower buds get less light so the finish faster. I would harvest the lowers and let the uppers finish if that's your
If you want to do a stage harvest I would recommend doing it backwards. The buds actually mature from the bottom up bc the way lighting is indoor(only comes from one direction) so the lower buds get less light so the finish faster. I would harvest the lowers and let the uppers finish if that's your thing
Thanks for the reply, yea this is usually the case but I never trimmed properly throughout the grow with me being so busy ( I usually keep on top of it) so the lower buds have not received much light so they all look very premature and the leaves around them are a lot lighter shade green but all my top buds look almost done so if I flush the whole grow then cut the top buds and start feeding the lower ones again do you think that would be okay? Thanks

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Thanks for the reply, yea this is usually the case but I never trimmed properly throughout the grow with me being so busy ( I usually keep on top of it) so the lower buds have not received much light so they all look very premature and the leaves around them are a lot lighter shade green but all my top buds look almost done so if I flush the whole grow then cut the top buds and start feeding the lower ones again do you think that would be okay? Thanks
Things mature faster when they get less light. I would take a look at those trichomes ;)

B

baydestrian707

Hi people, I just want to know what’s going on with my buds I am 9 weeks into flower and some of my buds still look premature, I am growing in coco and using a 4000w bestva led with 6” fan , the only thing that I can think I’ve done wrong is sometimes I let the coco dry out abit but not much else do these buds look right to you I’ve attached some pics to this thread.
Thanks
So I'm about 49 days into flower with my Auto Blue Amnesia and same thing happened with mine. Pistils had already began getting changing color. I changed Nutrients after a major flush and changed LED fixture and in two days it's regrown pistils like a MF and started to get thick fat colas. But it blew my mind how it grew white pistils all over again

Top Bottom