Stimulus dollars fund local study on marijuana

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

Story Published: Jun 2, 2009 at 9:32 AM PDT

VANCOUVER, Wash. - A Southwest Washington psychology professor has received federal stimulus money to study marijuana and pain management.

WSU Vancouver Professor Michael Morgan qualified to receive $148,438 for his two-year study, which aims to determine whether the use of marijuana along with other anti-pain medications such as morphine provides better pain relief than either drug alone.

The grant from the National Institutes of Health is part of the federal American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, the economic stimulus package enacted by Congress and signed by the president in February.

"This research is innovative in the field," Morgan said in a news release. "Currently there are no other projects that are studying this chemical relationship using these parameters."

His project was picked because of "its potential to stimulate the economy and create or retain jobs within the community" as well as its likelihood of making scientific progress in two years, school officials said in a news release.

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

:smiley_joint:That is great news! Do they need any volunteers to smoke the marijuana? I'm free.

I

in the air

finally stimulus money going to some one besides bankers and car company's

ITA

K

keenstylie

This is how we should spend all the stimulus money.. :damnhippie:

W

wellmedicated

I've been doing extensive testing for quite some time now....IT WORKS!!!!

S

Simple Simon

:sign0065:Its about time they did an honest test on cannabis and its pain killing properties. I just hope they keep all propaganda out of it !!!--SS

S

StonedOwl

Story Published: Jun 2, 2009 at 9:32 AM PDT

His project was picked because of "its potential to stimulate the economy and create or retain jobs within the community" as well as its likelihood of making scientific progress in two years, school officials said in a news release.

The government said this??? The United States Government? Is it actually possible someone with a brain was actually elected to a influential place of power?..........Nooooo, that would be crazy. Pipe dreams is all that is.

Its just the wording of it that strikes me as odd, I just can't picture big brother using phrases like "Potential to stimulate the economy" , "create or retain jobs" or "likelihood of making progress" when speaking about our beloved weed. It just feels different is all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom