Stock Tanks Dosatrons

• Thread starter cheech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheech

Hey all. I just ordered (3) Dosatron D25F Fixed Ratio Injectors. Problem is I don't know what the injection ration means or how to mix the stock tanks.

The 3 dry nutrients I'm running are:

-Jacks Hydro 3 grams per gallon
-Jacks Cal Nit 2 grams per gallon
-Epsom Salts 1 gram per gallon

Let's just say I'm running 3-2-1 for these stock tanks. The fixed ratio injectors operate at a 1:128 injection ratio only.

I mix weighted dry nutes of 3-2-1 gram per gallon to get my desired 1.5 ec. How much do I have to mix of each of these nutrients per gallon of stock tank solution to get this same recipe? Any input is very much appreciated. I'll be happy to post the setup when complete.

Looking forward to freeing up a daily chore!

C

cheech

Well, got a answer from the good people of Dosatron. In case anyone is interested...

You will mix the nutrients times (X) 128 with 1 gallon of water to make each concentrate.

3 grams jacks hydro per gallon
·3 x 128 = 384 grams mixed with 1 gallon of water, injected at 1:128

2 grams calcium nitrate per gallon
·2 x 128 = 256 grams mixed with 1 gallon of water, injected at 1:128

1 gram epsom salts per gallon
·1 x 128 = 128 grams mixed with 1 gallon of water, injected at 1:128

So I take the 384, 256, and 128 and multiply it by how many gallons my stock tank will be. Stoked.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Seems strong... do you have to warm the water to get the salts to dissolve at that concentration?

Thanks for sharing, look forward to seeing the setup and results

Stalks

Stalks

Yeah you need to check maximum solubility for those products to ensure you're not over saturated

C

cheech

Seems strong... do you have to warm the water to get the salts to dissolve at that concentration?

Thanks for sharing, look forward to seeing the setup and results

It does seem strong now that I'm thinking about it, lol. I'll for sure mix them with my hot water heater turned up high... Have no idea if the salts will precipitate out once it cools, but I'll find all this very soon. I'll prob water down the formula quite a bit and irrigate more, not to runoff. This is one of the main reasons why I wanted to get a fertigation setup actually.

Yeah you need to check maximum solubility for those products to ensure you're not over saturated

Great point. I'll find out shortly.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Thanks Cheech. You're familiar with @DonJuanMatus ? He mixes his entire six component regimen into one stock tank and doses it at 500:1 or something.....I wish he were here to explain. Maybe @Capulator can share some of his recent experience or shed some light on this

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You can do that if you keep your stock solution diluted enough. I am using 4 units with a separate concentration for a part A, B, C and D. This is for my veg and then I am hooking up another 4 units to fill a bloom stock tank. My set up will have 3 500 gallon tanks with veg, bloom, and flush feeds that I can control from my phone through a controller called open sprinkler, an arduino based platform built by some techie.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
It does seem strong now that I'm thinking about it, lol. I'll for sure mix them with my hot water heater turned up high... Have no idea if the salts will precipitate out once it cools, but I'll find all this very soon. I'll prob water down the formula quite a bit and irrigate more, not to runoff. This is one of the main reasons why I wanted to get a fertigation setup actually.

Great point. I'll find out shortly.

Thats not strong. You can easily get that to dissolve all the way. warm water will help ut you can do it with cold if you stir it up for about 5 minutes and come back to it every few minutes to stir it again. Only slow one to dissolve will be the jacks. The CaNO3 will dissolve right away. The epsom will take a minute too.

C

cheech

Thanks Cheech. You're familiar with @DonJuanMatus ? He mixes his entire six component regimen into one stock tank and doses it at 500:1 or something.....I wish he were here to explain. Maybe @Capulator can share some of his recent experience or shed some light on this

No I'm not actually. I never considered mixing the 3 components then using a wider gap in the injection ratio. That's something I would be interested in.

Thats not strong. You can easily get that to dissolve all the way. warm water will help ut you can do it with cold if you stir it up for about 5 minutes and come back to it every few minutes to stir it again. Only slow one to dissolve will be the jacks. The CaNO3 will dissolve right away. The epsom will take a minute too.

Good to know. I'll have my paint mixing drill bit ready just in case :) Cap, do you have your doser set up posted in any of your threads? I'm headed in that direction as well.

Top Bottom