Stoner’s Cookbook Rotw: Pulled Pot-pork Sandwich

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Enjoyment of food is one marijuana side effect that many cannabis enthusiasts love to hate. We here at invalid.com want you to fully enjoy your buzz, that’s why we are going to run a Recipe of the Week provided by the great folks from the Stoner’s Cookbook. The recipe contains cannabis, we recommend only serving it to adults 21 and over.

This tender and juice cannabis infused pulled pork sandwich will have you hogging the grill!

INGREDIENTS

• 2 cups hickory wood chips
  • 1 bone-in pork butt (7-9 lb), Boston butt or end-cut pork shoulder roast
  • 1 tablespoon olive CannaOil
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 10 plain white hamburger buns (no sesame seeds), split
  • Barbecue Sauce
DIRECTIONS

Place wood chips in a medium bowl, cover with water. Soak for 30 minutes.

Brush pork with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Use a charcoal or gas grill. For a charcoal grill, heat coals in center of grill to medium-low heat. Divide coals, placing half on each side of the grill, leaving center open. Place drip pan between coals. For gas grill, light two outside sections, leaving middle section unlit (three-burner grill). Or light one side and leave other side unlit (two-burner grill). Place drip pan on unlit side. Heat on high until hot.

Add wet wood chips to coals or place in smoking box of gas grill. (Or place chips in heavy-duty foil; fold to make packet. Poke holes in packet; place over indirect heat.)

Place pork, fat side up over drip pan. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat or coal 4-5 hours or until internal temperature reaches 190 or 200 degrees; adjusting heat or adding coals as necessary to maintain grill temperature of 325-350 degrees. Meat should be tender and falling apart, and bone should come out smooth and clean with no meat clinging to it. (This is the real test for doneness on the barbecue circuit.)

Let stand 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Remove skin, bones and fat. Reserve crisp edges; shred meat with two forks or chop with large knife. Chop reserved crispy bits; add to pork. Stir in about 3/4 cup barbecue sauce or enough to moisten.

Serve in bun topped with some coleslaw. Serve additional sauce on the side.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Properly cooked pulled pork should come from a local pig that has been stuffed ,wrapped in banana leaves or palm hearts, and buried in a pit of hot coals for 12-14 hours.
Texas style.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

One of my favorite quotes.

"Slow and low, that is the tempo"

I like a good bark on pork. Think I might bust out the Traeger and cook some butt.

Puffntuff

Puffntuff

I'm in the frigid Great Lakes area so winter time is tough for my smoker in the back yard but I have some tricks that work great!!

I take 2 of those foil lasagna pans and put wood chips in the bottom pan next I put 2" pieces of wood in the corner of the bottom pan. I lay a cookie cooling rack on the wood blocks then I put the top foil pan on the rack. Next I stab a bunch of holes in this pan I put my seasoned pork butt in this pan. I seal both pans together with foil. Next I put a box fan in my kitchen blowing the smoke out of the window and turn both stove burners on. Put the pans on the burner and let the smoking begin. After about 30-45 min or so the smoking should be done. While the smoking is happening fire up the oven to 225f. When the smoking is done place the porkbutt on the rack directly. Put a pan underneath to catch drippings so your oven isn't smoking. 8-10hrs later your good to go.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I'm in the frigid Great Lakes area so winter time is tough for my smoker in the back yard but I have some tricks that work great!!

I take 2 of those foil lasagna pans and put wood chips in the bottom pan next I put 2" pieces of wood in the corner of the bottom pan. I lay a cookie cooling rack on the wood blocks then I put the top foil pan on the rack. Next I stab a bunch of holes in this pan I put my seasoned pork butt in this pan. I seal both pans together with foil. Next I put a box fan in my kitchen window and turn both stove burners on. Put the pans on the burner and let the smoking begin. After about 30-45 min or so the smoking should be done. While the smoking is happening fire up the oven to 225f. When the smoking is done place the porkbutt on the rack directly. Put a pan underneath to catch drippings so your oven isn't smoking. 8-10hrs later your good to go.
Haha. Nice technique.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

@LittleDabbie i love how you keep us informed will all your posts! some good information here!

Top Bottom