Stop the Internet Blacklist Legislation!!!!

• Thread starter HannaMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

agentorange

signed this petition below, they say this bill is only aimed to stop piracy once and for all, but its obviously so they can shut down any website at will.

This isn't China, sign this now!

B

bckwht

AT&T denied my access to this site along with many other regarding marijuana and illegal drugs. This happened only on my iphone for about an hour.

When i used google in an attempt to try another link to thcfarmer, I noticed that every single posted result from the google search had a green check mark beside it and the thcfarmer link had a red box with an X.

As i kept searching about At&t blocking sites, I realized that every time i searched, the results would have either the check, x, or 3 little circles lighting up as to look like something was loading..

I am fearing this was a trial run for SOPA or PIPA and if it is, then there is no way anything will stop it from happening..please someone fill me in on what happened earlier or is going to happen..

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m on AT&T and have had no problems. If I do have one I will sue them.

B

bckwht

I didn't have problems per say, but they temporarily blocked access to all minds of websites.. Seemed ironic to me since pipa and sopa are being considered

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
AT&T denied my access to this site along with many other regarding marijuana and illegal drugs. This happened only on my iphone for about an hour.

When i used google in an attempt to try another link to thcfarmer, I noticed that every single posted result from the google search had a green check mark beside it and the thcfarmer link had a red box with an X.

As i kept searching about At&t blocking sites, I realized that every time i searched, the results would have either the check, x, or 3 little circles lighting up as to look like something was loading..

I am fearing this was a trial run for SOPA or PIPA and if it is, then there is no way anything will stop it from happening..please someone fill me in on what happened earlier or is going to happen..

That's your virus scanner with link checker doing that.

The thing is they are ALREADY doing this. This bill has been bouncing around for about 2 years now. Was called the COCIA (Combating Online Copyright Infringement Act) act for a while. File Sharing communities have been hard on the front line for this. What people dont understand is something like youtube can be blacklisted because they have copyrighted material on it.

Megaupload, a big streaming site, got taken down a couple days ago and 7 or 8 arrests were made. If you like DL stuff and dont know what the fuck you are doing I would say step out because there is a storm coming and it will pass in one form or another. Oh and if you watched movies from that site on your home comp or phone well you might have something to worry bout now. Think they got the servers.

Oh and BTW there is a Mozilla app that auto redirects you to a new web address for sites who got taken down which makes it pointless already :) The Gov is always 10 steps behind on this stuff. They are now just getting wind of torrents. Too funny.

B

bckwht

Thanks for all the info! I was freaking out for a few for no reason I guess

Top Bottom