Storage And Water Damage

• Thread starter cctt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cctt

I'm keeping foliar pack spores in a sealed glass jar, but somehow must've made a mistake as they spent a few days with just enough moisture in the jar to see some condensation on top, though the powder did not look wet. I left it out open to dry, but I can now smell a bit of a difference in the spores - some may have come out of stasis.
Is this pack likely too damaged to trust?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
it should be fine. The talc carrier itself has 10% moisture, so it may have been the moisture from the talc condensating in the jar. Let me ask the higher ups... I have asked about sour smell before, and was told that it is still fine and the sour smell is normal.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I'm keeping foliar pack spores in a sealed glass jar, but somehow must've made a mistake as they spent a few days with just enough moisture in the jar to see some condensation on top, though the powder did not look wet. I left it out open to dry, but I can now smell a bit of a difference in the spores - some may have come out of stasis.
Is this pack likely too damaged to trust?

"The live cultures produce gases during metabolic activities, it would condensate as water droplet on walls of pack or container, to avoid that, always put a pin hole (small invisible) at bottom of the pack"

Put a pinhole in the lid of the jar.

the bennies are still good to use and are not compromised.

"Your product is formulated using live cultures. Once mixed with carrier they become dormant. However, part of cells are still active and will multiply even after packing"

green punk

green punk

Yeah, All the packs I have are showing condensation after refrigeration.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
These products are formulated to be 100% good for 2 years from the manufactured date, as long as temps are under 85.

I keep all of mine in the office, but I live in a temperate climate. Use a fridge if you consistenlty have high temps above 85, as higher temps will reduce shelf life.

No need to freeze. no need to worry about perfectly sealed containers.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Was gonna start a thread for this info, good thing I didn't ask, lol. Btw I just found my packs from a year ago and this was the info I needed. But quick question, I mixed the nute and root pack, is that ok?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Was gonna start a thread for this info, good thing I didn't ask, lol. Btw I just found my packs from a year ago and this was the info I needed. But quick question, I mixed the nute and root pack, is that ok?

That's fine.

Top Bottom