Store bought recirculating dwc. Anybody know where to look

• Thread starter farmer joe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

farmer joe

I am preparing to build a DWC system to keep me busy this winter. I am looking for a recirculating system that uses 5 gallon buckets. I would like it to be 4 rows of 4 buckets ; 16 all together.
Does any Farmer know of a system I can buy?? A plug and play type system. I would be happy to purchase a dwc sysytem for my first one. Once I gain experience with it I will build one myself.
I am looking at a system called the Ebb & Gro ,Ebb & Flow System.The only problem is, Its only 2 gallon pots and I want 5 gallon pots. Can anybody find a 16 pot, recirculating DWC system which uses 5 gallon pots for sale online??
farmer joe

L

Lost

All of the parts for the ebb and gro can be bought seperately. If you want to buy one with 5 gallon buckets give discount-hydro a call and they can set it up for you. BYW 5 gallon home depot buckets are 2.78 each. Shop them they can go for up to 10 bucks a piece.

You realize that the ebb and grow system is an ebb and flood system right?

I personally went from stand alone buckets, to recirc 5 gallon buckets, then with drip, then to my current 27 gallon bucket recirc system with 6 tubs. Capicity is right about 150-160 gallons with a water chiller to keep the water under 70 degrees.

Not saying that the ebba nd gro system is not bad ass, but its no dwc system..

If you want info on a recirc system w/ chiller. Let me know, i'd be more than happy to take some pics and show you how easy it can be to create your own system that will blow anything commercial out of the water :)

L

Lost

or buy an ebb and grow setup and goto home depot and buy 5 gallon buckets. It would cost you 45 dollars to convert a standard system. Probablly take 3 hours to put the holes and grommets as well as drilling the buckets. The bigger the hole the better... LOL

F

farmer joe

How big of a yield, what kind of lighting and how much will it cost to build my own DWC like yours. I am always ready to learn from somebody who knows what they`re doing. I am looking for big yields. Cheap build costs would be nice too.
If you could give me a tutorial and parts list that would kick ass. I would take photos of my build and do a grow diary with your system.

L

Lost

I currently only flower 6 hydro and 1 or 2 soil at a time. I veg the dwc's from 4-8 weeks depending on strain. Yield.. Well it depends on the strain. I have seen other people pull 1.5 pounds per plant with my setup but more lighting. Im only using 2 1k lights for the 6 dwc's. I expect at least 8 oz a plant while I get it dialed in. Dunno if my current lighting will support that tho...

Do you live in an area that gets hot? If not then eff the chiller (they cost a hefty chunk, my chiller cost 400 but they usually sell for 800+ for a 1/3 hp). That is if you can keep res temps down under say 71.

Here are some really crappy pics of my recirc setup during install. Still waiting on parts so I can install the 6th tub @#$^%@#%$

Ojdupdate 005
Ojdupdate 007
Ojdupdate 010
F

farmer joe

Give me a parts list if you can and I`ll start building tonight. My part of the world doesn`t get too hot at all, especially in the winter. I only needed two fans to cool my grow room down this summer. I just got my hands on 5 strains.
:kings kush, violator kush, kandy kush, master kush and mk-ultra. I expect to grow some badass kush. It`s going for 3000.00 a pound here. I want to get a piece of that action too. Thats why I`m looking for a system that will maximize my yields. Thanks for the help bro.

L

Lost

Under the buckets n the 1st pic is the sewer line access im tapping into. This will allow for fast and easy res changes. I had a leaky seal i had to replace on a tub this morning, and it took 20 min to empty the entire setup. Its getting little things like this sorted now, so I don't have some half ass setup later.

Another thing I did was to put the chiller in another room instead of the grow room, adding to the heat. I had to drill thru walls but itll save me later in a/c bills :)

What you need:
1. tubs are home depot tuff boxes, cost 11.50 each. 27 gallon
2. The seals are general hydroponics 1 3/4 ID seals, you need to order these from your hydro store or online. If you can find 2 in id grommets, go for it! :) Im stoned, i think you need 12
3. The tubeing is home depot 1 3/4 OD vinal reinforced tubing, was like 3.50 a foot, i used about 8 feet.
4. the pump its a 496 gph Eco pump, with 3/4 black tubing to and from chiller. If your not using a chiller, then the pump goes from the last tub into the first. The bigger your tubeing is to each tub the bigger pump and the faster the water will move!!
5. Chiller - I went 1/3 hp modular with a UV sterilizer (Prime Modular Chiller ) for kicks. For this setup you probablly only need a 1/4 hp chiller if its a good one.
6. 6 homedepot 5 gallon buckets cut in 1/2
7. 6 Netpot lids for 5 gallon containers (order at hydro shop) I get the 8 inch pot size I think..

Note: The tubs are daisy chained but the first and last tubs are NOT connected. That what the pump is for and it circulates the water FAST. Its like a slow river in the tubs! Thats why you need the tubing as big as possible.

L

Lost

Oh, forgot air. I have various pumps but i am mostly relying on a sunleaves o2 easy pump. I think it pumps out 600 gallons an hour. It gets hot!, put it somewhere cool if you dont have ac :)

L

Lost

Just wanted to add, I have basically copied a few peoples system I have seen around the net. Not claiming this is an original setup but I basically recreated what I saw some of the most sucessful people doing.

Good luck :)

666satan666

Check this out!

I came across this a while ago. hxxp://www.cch2o.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_31&zenid=.

F

farmer joe

That's a neat site you found. They have some ready made systems there that look damn good. I bet I could make one for a fraction of the cost but shit, I got no time for anything anymore. Harvest time is nuts. Thanks for the help Satan, I'll think it over.

Top Bottom