Store bought solutions for Spider Mites?

• Thread starter chuey316
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuey316

chuey316

Been sick for the past week and unable to monitor my grow. I was able to make it down to my tent today, and discovered some spotted leaves. After inspecting them with a loupe, I found mites. Done some reading, but most suggestions are to order this product or that. Problem is for some reason I am unable to order anything on Amazon right now, and I also really don't want to wait on shipping and have the problem get worse.

Can anyone suggest a few products that can be bought at places such as Lowe's, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Rural King, or Walmart? I've used Garden Safe Fungicide 3 on an outdoor grow that appeared to have mite damage with good results, but I'd like to hit them with an assortment of products to be sure I get them under control.

Plants are in veg, and won't be flipped to flower for at least another month. They are in an earth box, so removing them from the tent to dip or spray with a hose is not an option. There is no webbing thus far, only some spotted leaves. I've planted some Cilantro, but obviously that won't do me any good in the short term.

chuey316

chuey316

Thanks. I had thought about that. I've had to use it in the past to keep weevils at bay when I heated my home with corn. I wasn't sure if it would work in this situation with the mites being on the leaves, but I'll grab some. I'd still like 2-3 different types of sprays to switch up with as well.

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

I got in a pinch once and used bonners soap and a little 100%?vegetable oil. I read, I think on this site, vegtable oil will break down the mite exoskeleton and the soap helps it stick. I went a little heavy on the oil but the plant survived and the mite problem went away. Good luck, hope this helps.

chuey316

chuey316

So far I'm thinking about using either a isopropyl alcohol or peroxide dilution as a initial treatment, followed by alternating spraying Fungicide 3, Captain Jacks, and the iso/peroxide every 4-5 days, using some of the Diatomaceous Earth around the plants, and hanging a Hot Shot No Pest strip in the tent. Hopefully this will be aggressive enough to rid my tent of these pests, but not aggressive enough to harm the plants. If that doesn't work, then I may have to chop and burn the plants, and spray everything down with bleach weekly for a bit until I can be sure that they're eradicated. I'd hate to go this route though, as these are 2 strains that I've been keeping around by cloning before flower each run, and I really don't want to lose them.

Ponky

Ponky

So far I'm thinking about using either a isopropyl alcohol or peroxide dilution as a initial treatment, followed by alternating spraying Fungicide 3, Captain Jacks, and the iso/peroxide every 4-5 days, using some of the Diatomaceous Earth around the plants, and hanging a Hot Shot No Pest strip in the tent. Hopefully this will be aggressive enough to rid my tent of these pests, but not aggressive enough to harm the plants. If that doesn't work, then I may have to chop and burn the plants, and spray everything down with bleach weekly for a bit until I can be sure that they're eradicated. I'd hate to go this route though, as these are 2 strains that I've been keeping around by cloning before flower each run, and I really don't want to lose them.
Finish these plants. But yeah. Once they're down and cured. You gotta nuke the space.
Pest spray. Sanitize. Ozone. Peroxide. All of it. Spider mites are a huge headache.

chuey316

chuey316

I bought some Fungicide 3, Captain Jack's Dead Bug, Bonide Insecticidal Soap, and I hung a Hot Shot No Pest Strip in the tent. All 3 sprays have a different active ingredient. I used the Captain Jack's on Sunday, the Fungicide 3 on Wednesday, and will use the Insecticidal soap on Saturday. I've also been dusting the plants with DE in between spraying. So far I haven't found any living mites since the 1st spray, but I will continue to spray and dust until I run out, and then assess the situation at that time to see if it's under control.

growsince79

growsince79

Been sick for the past week and unable to monitor my grow. I was able to make it down to my tent today, and discovered some spotted leaves. After inspecting them with a loupe, I found mites. Done some reading, but most suggestions are to order this product or that. Problem is for some reason I am unable to order anything on Amazon right now, and I also really don't want to wait on shipping and have the problem get worse.

Can anyone suggest a few products that can be bought at places such as Lowe's, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Rural King, or Walmart? I've used Garden Safe Fungicide 3 on an outdoor grow that appeared to have mite damage with good results, but I'd like to hit them with an assortment of products to be sure I get them under control.

Plants are in veg, and won't be flipped to flower for at least another month. They are in an earth box, so removing them from the tent to dip or spray with a hose is not an option. There is no webbing thus far, only some spotted leaves. I've planted some Cilantro, but obviously that won't do me any good in the short term.

jmand

jmand

its free and easy to make some natural pesticide, things like rosemary, green tea, coffee.. Are all excellent pesticides, that is the original reason caffeine exists its a neuro toxin. You can easily defeat those critters. I actually discovered this recently! And most herbs are anti fungal anti pesticide and more.. I pick some rosemary from my garden, make a very strong pot of tea in my caffatiere /tea pot. About 1 litre.. I use a few decent stick of rosemary make it nice and strong... Anyway after its cooled just load it up into a spray bottle and give it all a really good spray. I even water the soil with this (PH it) and you are kinda buking the soil with natural and nutritious herbs that kill all kinda critter and fungus and crap..

It worked very well for me! Hope it helps.. Incredibly easy and simple cheap solution if it does! Its free as rosemary is such a common plant and grows very well in many climates.. I forage mine sometimes, I live in London.

Top Bottom